xisto Community
Amby

Gay Marriage

ur completely f'in right.. seperation of church and state needs to be showing a little more rift. especially in this new bush reign. i have NO problem with religion at all, in any way... but it needs to stay out of politics. also, religion is one persons belief in something, it should affect someone Elses beliefs or ideas. if someone wants to get married to someone of the same sex, i say go for it.. love is a mysterious thing, can be found in anyone of ANY sex to ANY sex. over half my friends are either bi or *happy* and it really pisses me off whenever i see hatered towards them and that they cant get married unless they go traveling far away to a more accepting state.. its rediculous.. the only reason its "meant" to be a man and woman is because the bible says so..... well the bible in my opinion is a scare tactic.. follow this really old book and you wont get smited by the alllll mighty.. well i havent been smited and god hasnt been speaking to me about it personally, so really... i dont care what that book says.. EVERY SINGLE ONE of the people who claim to be sooo religious and follow that book w/ every step they take, are sinners and liers and have at least once broken an indirect "rule" set forth by that book.. if i had it my way, *happy* marriage would be 110% legalized because its a persons wish and right. Bush and every other retarded hardcore religious republican out there needs to wake the .... up and put the bible and cross down long enough to see whats the peoples true rights, and whats biblical nonsense. ahh.. i feel better... dont you?... <3

There was a seminar I recently attended and it was about Life and sex and such things you know - teenagish. So one boy raised a very interesting question: "We see Homosexuality only in humans and no other species on the planet. Does this mean that there's something wrong with the humn species?" This may sound as an innocently funny question at first but when you think about it the kid' gotta point. I'd say that animal sexual activity is based on instints and naturally the opposite sex attracts. But with humans its a lot more complex although basically instict still is first law of sexual attraction. But for those who go beyond there is love which we do not see in animals. I dunno about Homosexual marriages but I do think whatever we see as *happy* is some sort of psycic anomaly. Bah, I still can't reach a decision on this!

Yeah It think you are totally right. But I think they are against *happy* marriage because two same kind sex can't make a baby. And that's very important for believers is God. That's what I heard. Somewhere it makes sense if in the bible is written you can not enjoy the sex without having baby's. But that was in the past a big deal. Now, we live in different times. So, those who still think old-fashioned. Look around, things have changed!! Accept that. Accept *happy* people, and just legalize *happy* marriage were it's not yet legalized. Here in Holland it's possible to marry, and the taboo about gays are more and more being forgotten. I'm glad, cause *happy* people are just like anyone else...and like you said,.....please stop looking at others ....let them be....look at your self....first look at your lown ife and get that together first! :)

"We see Homosexuality only in humans and no other species on the planet. Does this mean that there's something wrong with the humn species?"

219888[/snapback]

This actually isn't totally.. right. I've seen studies before (that I can't look up at the minute to confirm, being in class) that if some types of animals (I believe they used ducks, but again, school firewall..) are raised and kept exclusively with animals of their own gender, they 'become' homosexual. If a clutch of eggs is hatched and there are 8 ducklings, and every one of them is male, and they never encounter a female duck, they will turn homosexual and attempt to mate with eachother. However, due to laws of probability, this rarely(/never?) happens in the wild, sooo.. maybe this is our influence, after all XD;

..I'll look it up when I get home tonight, if someone doesnt beat me to it ^^;

(I just thought it was interesting, when I heard it..)

Well, regarding your "news flash" about the Bible being written by men...a couple of things.

First off, all scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness. (2 Timothy 3:16 talks about that.) You can go ahead and say "man" wrote that too, but don't forget that Jesus Christ Himself quoted over 400 different old testament scriptures during His lifetime, and affirmed the Bible and His teachings (which are commin in the New Testament) as BEING the living Word of God.

Second off, if I were to rebuke you it would be in love. I recognize the so-called "Christians" who spend their time practicing condemnation, and they judge others. I will be the first to tell you I'm a sinner, I am no man to judge anyone else, and I believe I deserve every bit of punishment first, blessing second, that anyone else deserves.

I try to live my life according to what God has commanded through His word, and in love, I would go to someone to try and show them God's will. I will never hold anything against anyone, because I am in no position to do so. My own lustful desires towards women places me in the same category of adultery (I believe) as a bisexual or homosexual person.

My calling as a youth minister is to guide others into truth, that they can experience the blessings and fulfillment God wants them to have, and intended for them to have from the beginning. I know personally that God won't bless a relationship living in sin against Him. This applies to straight people as well!

I hope not to offend anyone or condemn anyone, my only goal is to show and share the gift I've been given, and be a messenger for Christ. I believe He tells us in His word the things He does because they teach us to live a life in relationship and communion with Him, which therefore He in turn will provide and protect for each of us in such amazingly abundant ways we can not even imagine.

I hope this may bring you a blessing in one way or another, and I speak only in love and care and hopes that you may live a life in close relationship with God, recieving the things He has in store for you.

In Christ,

Jeremy

Im really not looking to debate on this, but feel free to post your own views and comments.. Ive debated it so much everywhere I go that I'd really like to just get all my anger out at once. LOL.

I'm getting really sick of people trying to play God in America.  It happens everyday, with a lot of the issues we face.. Ban this, legalize this, etc etc.  God is always an issue.. But hey, lets stick to the subject at hand.. *happy* Marriage..

Im bisexual, and if I ever happen to find a beatiful inteligent lady that I love and care deeply for.. I'd like to think that, just like any other human being (i am still human, no matter what sex I am attracted to), I would be allowed to vow my everlasting love to her by means of marriage. 

People argue that it is a sin for two people of the same sex to marry, or to love each other, or to have sexual relations with one another.. They say.. The bible says this, the bible says that..

News Flash! The Bible was written by man.. Every man is a sinner.. So how do you know the words in that bible were not written to attempt to manipulate people into believing their views are right? How can you be, for certain, that those words are the words of God. He didnt write that bible, men wrote that bible, and no matter how good a person is.. They will always be a sinner. No one is perfect..

Also.. Who are you to play God? If how I live my life is not right by God, let me deal with the consquences of my actions when my time comes.  I dont need anyone to tell me how to live my life.. I dont need anyone telling me what is right or wrong.. All of these people who are against *happy* marriage.. Well.. Just like the men who wrote the bible, they too are sinners. I wish people would start concentrating on their own actions rather than dwelling on what I do in my personal life.  I dont go around telling others how to live their lives.. I concentrate on ME. I try to better myself, not everyone else.  I'll let God deal with others when their time comes!

I suppose in a way I do try to change others though.. I mean I do in this sense.. I'd like to be treated like anyone else.. Just because I am attracted to people of the same sex does not mean I am inhuman. I still have emotions, feelings, etc.  I'd like to be treated as if I do..

Anywho.. I think I'm done..

Huggles,

Amby

50502[/snapback]

Well I actually can speak from experience here. My mother is a lesbian, which is totally cool by me, its completly her choice... A few years ago, before its a considered an actual law binding bond for a *happy* couple to get married, my mother and partner had a marrage cerimony to celebrate their love and feeling for each other and to prove that they devoted enough to swear and takes oaths that they will stay together for the rest of their lives. It was more of a cerimony as neither of them are religious at all. However, it was really nice to see the celebration and to know that everyone there had accepted it included every member of both families! I think that anyone who is against *happy* marriages doesn't quite understand what it means to some people! I think that now it is legal in the UK by law, it help bring couples closer together and help breaks stupid stereotypes and helps the intergration between the straight and *happy* community!LoTech

verry well put LoTech!i myself an not *happy*..or bi....BUT i have no objections against people of the same sex getting married.. i think that just as long as they can show devotion to eachother, they can support themselves that it is fine.. i have many bi and *happy* friends and i am one of the few straight people that they know because there are not many people in todays society that will accept a *happy*/bi/lesbian person for who they are not what they are interested in..in the matter of it being in the bible that a MAN and a WOMAN should get married..i personally am not religious enough to beleive that it was ment by god for a man and a woman to get married..a religion is just a personal opinion of a large group of people..religion does not run this country..it just sets a life for some peoplenext thing we know this problem is going to become somthing like the salem witch trials..if their *happy* or bi..they gets killed... i just think it doesn't matter what anyone thinks but yourself in my opinion..hehe im done!

This all has to do with political correctness. In order for the world to go on, a man and a woman must reproduce, correct? Well since two guys or two girls arent able to produce offspring, god must have decided it was wrong. The funny thing is, i got a phone call one time that was automated from a rancher that was a true cowboy, who had a wife and two children who wanted nothing to do with homosexual people. When its only a group of guys out on the trail for months on end, you know their had to be some *happy* cowboys. But lets look at roman history. The guys were alowed to have "relationships" with younger men, so long as it ended before they married a girl. Some believe that even Socrates was *happy*.

With the whole animal thing. Where only humans are homosexual...So humans are advanced (this isnt always a good thing, but thats another topic). To my knowledge animals can't love (atleast like we do) finding a mate is soley to reproduce, and yes some animals do spend ALL their lives with one mate...but i dont know if that would be concidered love. Maybe animals can love, but the fact that they MUST reproduce is probably stronger then their (if they can) capability of loving. What im getting at is, humans are capable of loving, and we don't always (infact hardly ever) put reproduction first. So to compare us to animals, inwhich their NATURAL instincts are to reproduce..where we have the option but our brains are more emotion driven, and we will choose love before children. True, with love comes children (or a one night stand at a bar...)but I doubt you sit there, and plan out getting pregnant because you want to keep the human race going...no you sit there plan it out because you want a baby, with your husband..because you LOVE him, not because the human race is going to become exctinct if you dont reproduce. In all actuality...people dont even have sex to reproduce anyway... I mean obviously with condoms, and birthcontrol pills, and abortions...sex is for pleasure, not to reproduce (atleast in MOST people's eyes) Where animals have sex to reproduce...You cant always use animals as an example of how we should act...every animal acts different, so why would you compare humans to dogs? or ducks? or monkeys? the same with why would you compare a duck with an elephant, or a hippo? If a monkey eats banasas, but a fish doesn't are you going to say they are wrong? Does that really make sence...no it honestly doesnt. So why do people keep comparing animals to humans? Sure we have animal like instincts, but we also feel emotions not all animals can feel.

i think that people keep comparing animals to humans is because of evolution..wha'the belief that we were all once animals evolved into another species..like people believe that we were once fish and we have evolved into humans.. but i do not think that we should compare ourselfs with animals because some people are completley different that animals

So one boy raised a very interesting question: "We see Homosexuality only in humans and no other species on the planet. Does this mean that there's something wrong with the humn species?"

219888[/snapback]

Hmmm. Another question to ponder. If homosexuality only exists in humans what is the origin of the term "queer duck" come from? What does it really mean? Does anybody know? Just thought I would add a little levity to this weighty subject matter. :blink:

Who cares about homosexual marriages? Just let them be.

Although if anyone can give me a good reason to disapprove *happy* relationships without talking about religion I might change my mind.

Homosexuality has been around for a long time. It was very apparent in ancient Greece, where in some city-states, men were forbidden from having intercourse with women until coming of age (largely due to the pejoritive Ancient Greek view on women). The ancient world was pervaded by homosexuality, and that was absolutely fine with everyone. The "straight prudence" thing really didn't occurr until the Byzantines. My point is homosexuality isn't a new thing. Further, the public opinion on homosexuality changes as time progresses. Whereas it was percectly acceptable 2500 years ago, many homosexuals were afraid to "come out of the closet" in America fifty years ago continuing into today.

In my opinion, the legalisation of *happy* marriage is going to be inevitable. We're already seeing the liberalisation of many nations throughout the world--a revolution back to the culture of the Greeks and Romans; it's just a matter of time.

As to the homophobia inherent in many Christian sects, it really is quite ridiculous. It is absolutely true that intercourse between two (or more) members of the same gender is censured in the Bible. So is approaching an alter by someone with "blemishes" (eyeglasses, bald spots, etc.). You're also supposed to be doing the whole "sacrifice the bull of the village sins" and "oblations as peace offerings" and whatnot. Who decided to free you from Levitican code? I mean, if you're going to get all fussy about *happy* marriage, why not start ritual sacrifice again? I mean, God must be pretty pissed about the lack of attention at this point. Christians in general really need to get a move on. Furthermore, whatever happend to the witch hunts? Doesn't it say in Exodus "You shall not allow a sorceress to live?" (Ex 23:18) Slackers.

The logical solution to this problem is deciding which of the laws are no longer pertinent to society. Some laws like "Thou shalt not kill" are clearly important, while "spending seven days outside the camp for committing the sin of Onan" are not. So it boils down to this: Why would a ban on *happy* marriage be useful to Christianity or humanity in general? Honestly, I think the legalisation would be more helpful. The world is already facing overpopulation, and as far as I know, two men/two women are incapable of reproducing by themselves. And look at it this way: the straight men have less competition for the women. So have at it, go ahead.

it seems noone has the answer to that, neither do i, i have no clue where that saying comed from..although i have seen two male dogs hump..but once again the only purpose of sex for them is to reproduce..hehe

Ok well, how about Man...Woman...and the scientific reason for reproduction? There's comin' from the Christian guy lol. No religion, just science, the fact of what our sexual organs were intended for, the purpose they're intended for, and nothing more than that. No religion involved. Oh and how about AIDs, and other bilogical occurrences that happen as a result? I recognize that AIDs are quite possible in straight relationships as well, but they were brought around by homosexuality, and if homosexuality can cause things like AIDs, and then someone decides to try to have a real child with someone of the opposite sex who's maybe bi-sexual or straight, that can cause some pretty unnerving things in the child that is produced.

Who cares about homosexual marriages? Just let them be.

Although if anyone can give me a good reason to disapprove *happy* relationships without talking about religion I might change my mind.

221090[/snapback]