xisto Community
The Simpleton

Started Receiving Invoice Notices - When's The Mycent Gonna Be Back? [resolved] :(

I havent seen any resolution yet. SO this leaves me wondering if MyCents is back up again. Unfortunately my Internet is a no no hese days as they are digging new cables in my town they say its going to speed up the internet connect bla blah ablahhh this means I log in at random times into my Xisto and email accounts. This also means I cant keep an exact tab on the MyCents because by the time I next log in I cant remeber exactly how much I had las time so it sort of defeats the purpose when it comes to me monitoring the MYCENTS. I know Admin has not been too good with keeping us udated when it comes to downtime and teaking etc. But it would be nie if the admin would at least post on forums like this one a response or a closure telling us when the system is up and running again. I mean the last comment was in JUne and its 25 July as I write this. THere is no complete answer to the MY cents issue. It doenst tell a reader whether the system has fully gone back up or we are still stuck in a jam.For those with hosting accounts, I think you really cant blame anyone for things you can fix before they become a problem. FOr starters why would you run a webhosting that has no contingency plan? If you know you have a package that needs paying and the only way you pay for it is by gaining MYcents would it not be a good idea to accumulate Mycents as much as you can way in advance so that if the Mycents sysstem was down you'd still be covered for a couple of months before defaulting. I mean if you have a 1.95 month acocunt would it not be sensible to spend a day a week posting in the forums and at least have a 5 or 6 dollars minimum in the hosting section that way if the system went down it will be 2 months or even 3 before you can worry. Its easy to blame Xisto or Xisto for loss of site visitiors due to downtime. But you can put in a few hours a month to to cover yourself for 3 months. I have a hosting plan where I always maintain a 10 dollar minimum just incase I have a suprise holiday and have to go away for a while or similar to now when my Net is dodgy and I cant post as much and as often as required. This leaves me worry free because I have a 5 month window where I can mess about with out the stress of thinking i will get fined for late payment or have my site deactivated for non payment. See its easier to be pro active than reactive.Anyway I just hope the whole system doesnt go down as often as it has in the last 12 months and I pray that Admin team gets their act together to see whats causing the disruptions that dog this site in terms of the MYCENTS system.Wish you guys all the best and hopefully your sites are up and running and you back where you wanna be interm of being dot com entreprenuers.

I havent seen any resolution yet. SO this leaves me wondering if MyCents is back up again. Unfortunately my Internet is a no no hese days as they are digging new cables in my town they say its going to speed up the internet connect bla blah ablahhh this means I log in at random times into my Xisto and email accounts. This also means I cant keep an exact tab on the MyCents because by the time I next log in I cant remeber exactly how much I had las time so it sort of defeats the purpose when it comes to me monitoring the MYCENTS. I know Admin has not been too good with keeping us udated when it comes to downtime and teaking etc. But it would be nie if the admin would at least post on forums like this one a response or a closure telling us when the system is up and running again. I mean the last comment was in JUne and its 25 July as I write this. THere is no complete answer to the MY cents issue. It doenst tell a reader whether the system has fully gone back up or we are still stuck in a jam.
For those with hosting accounts, I think you really cant blame anyone for things you can fix before they become a problem. FOr starters why would you run a webhosting that has no contingency plan? If you know you have a package that needs paying and the only way you pay for it is by gaining MYcents would it not be a good idea to accumulate Mycents as much as you can way in advance so that if the Mycents sysstem was down you'd still be covered for a couple of months before defaulting. I mean if you have a 1.95 month acocunt would it not be sensible to spend a day a week posting in the forums and at least have a 5 or 6 dollars minimum in the hosting section that way if the system went down it will be 2 months or even 3 before you can worry. Its easy to blame Xisto or Xisto for loss of site visitiors due to downtime. But you can put in a few hours a month to to cover yourself for 3 months. I have a hosting plan where I always maintain a 10 dollar minimum just incase I have a suprise holiday and have to go away for a while or similar to now when my Net is dodgy and I cant post as much and as often as required. This leaves me worry free because I have a 5 month window where I can mess about with out the stress of thinking i will get fined for late payment or have my site deactivated for non payment. See its easier to be pro active than reactive.

Anyway I just hope the whole system doesnt go down as often as it has in the last 12 months and I pray that Admin team gets their act together to see whats causing the disruptions that dog this site in terms of the MYCENTS system.

Wish you guys all the best and hopefully your sites are up and running and you back where you wanna be interm of being dot com entreprenuers.

MyCents has been back up for a couple weeks now. I've had 5 updates over the past 12-13 days.

You should already be getting MyCents for the posts you've made so far while it was down.

Though the updates are a little weird. Sometimes they are 2x in one day, others it's days in between then. But either way, they're working.