xisto Community
-Sky-

My Gosh Trap....

What is all THIS about? :) Are you serious? :D Damn, I'm glad I came over at a very later date, that is bad...although, look at Invision Power Services...they sucked back in the old years. :P

I don't know, but it has alot of websites history. :P I love it. Somewhere in the link I gave above Trap used a NULLED IP.Board.... :)

Jesus Christ !!! How is this possible ?? what is the capacity of their hard disk ?? !! and this is the first time i see this !! Thanks for this information !!

What is all THIS about? :) Are you serious? :D Damn, I'm glad I came over at a very later date, that is bad...although, look at Invision Power Services...they sucked back in the old years. :P

This is one of those useful websites that you occasionally come across. Especially useful for an internet researcher, philosopher, historian or academic. I'm amazed the same as someone else in the comments how they can do this. What type of storage are they using? I would imagine everything that they can get their hands on from solid state drives to 5inch floppies (well maybe not them but you get the idea). It must cost a fortune to run the servers and maintain the quite large database of every website and its recorded history. It seems about 150 times the work google has to do. How do they bankroll their operation? I don't see ads on that page and you don't have to subscribe to their service, so it must be an rich eccentric internet geek who had the brainwave to start recording everything that has been on the world wide web...EVER.

that's funny you mentioned that trap was blacklisted. i couldn't sign up with a cpm company because my shared ip was blacklisted haha. but that's why it's not wise to be sharing any ip if you want a good reputation.

I knew about the web archive for a long time, it's a very old project and indeed is very useful, but I think it costs a lot to upkeep it and it's not as good as it really could be, as it's a non profit project.. Usually it's slow, it usually doesn't index a lot of pages and it usually never index a lot of images.Funny to see the history sometimes! It's fun to browse the archive with different domains. :)

aah yes, archive.org best playce to see what websites look like at the beginning, or rather in the mid 1990s and yeah Xisto was a different website in a different time. Though I wish they it archived for 2009 so as to get my sig block back in order Posted Image. As for space, its in the TB's there is no doubt about that and it is definately a great way to see how websites have changed over time, especially your own just so you can see what new web design skills you picked up since the beginning.

Trap17 belonged to the cybercafe where I worked. I think I was in 11th grade then :) and I earned $30 per Month for working 4 hour shift. (talk about child labour) LOL. :P-shree