xisto Community
web_designer

Knowledgesutra/trap17 Contest, $350 In Prizes!

maybe he should just keep it running until he fullfilled a certain amount of entries. yea, it's depressing that hardly anybody took him up on his offer, but the board went through a transition without warning.deadmad, you think it's admins and mods job? the users make up this place. not the admins or mods. it's the users. maybe you need to come up with some ideas to promote this place after the bugs get worked out and mycents starts to pay again. soviet had a great idea and put some good effort in to trying to help this place. we need more users like that. even though it may have not been as successful as one would want it to be, i still see the objective behind it and the thought that it took to come up with the idea.anyway, you are wrong. i helped soviet a little with his project even if i did give him a heart attack a couple times haha. so my question is this. are you just another # here or are you going to stand out as a member somehow and try your own efforts to help this place? if can't be part of the solution, then i don't see how you have a right to complain.

CMON GUYS just over a week before contest closes... I was generous enough to donate these great prizes and I only get a couple entries? very disappointing indeed.......

Sorry that the contest didn't take off as expected :) As everyone's been saying the main reason is the lack of activity in the forums; most of the members are put off by the fact that the myCENTs script is down and thus aren't posting regularly. Another reason is that (I think I've mentioned this somewhere before) members living outside the US and Canada are most likely not going to participate because they're not eligible for the prizes. They could still do it for the forum, but look at the chances - we have just a really small group of members still active, and out of that small group there are a few members living in those two countries, but they need to get the inspiration to participate in the contest, and the members from other countries first have to get the thought to do something for the forum and then accept the fact that they won't be rewarded for it. So the chances are really slim :P As for me I tried to think of something creative, but given my resources here, I figured I can't do anything big. I've been meaning to tell a few friends about the site but this isn't the best time to invite them over, since the core myCENTs system is down, and it would just drive them away.

On the same note, it would be better to reschedule this contest to the time when the script starts running again, because even if the members start promoting the site, the visitors will most likely not stay because the script is still down....