xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
web_designer

How To Choose Good Keywords For Seo...!

targeting good keywords is very essential to force search engines catch your posts and get more traffic. even it looks something easy to be done, but in fact it's not. i tried to read a bit about search engine. especially google, but it seems nobody knows how google's algorithm works. after all it depends on good quality topics that people may search for, updating website regularly, and targeting good keywords. at least, this is what i know till now. recently, i noticed something strange happening in my blog. about a month ago i began writing a tutorial on wordpress theme, i found a specific lesson get most of the traffic. and that doesn't make sense at all since i am writing a tutorial that means all the information are related to each other, not an individual topic. so i figured out that the secret is in keywords i use for that lesson, and i tried to use the same schema for the other posts but till now no change.to be more precise, i got 36 comments and 133 visitor on that lesson where the other lessons together i got 19 comments and visitors differ from one to another. anyway, i added keywords to all lessons this way:add the general keywords for the tutorial like: "wordpress theme", "tutorial"...ect plus precise keywords that relate to each lesson for example lesson one about the index.php so i added the keyword "index", another lesson talking about sidebar.php so i added the keyword "sidebar"..and so on. by the way i am using "all in one seo plugin" for wordpress so i add these keywords in plugin form.now what do you think? am i on the right way or not? yesterday i made a few researches and found "google adwords keyword tool", i wonder if this is a good tool or not. if anyone of you used it before please tell me.

well, you are doing something right. problem is, you don't know what it is. it's absolutely not the keywords you are trying to target. they are WAY too general. google adwords keyword tool is a good resource to get some suggestions. what you want to look for is low competing keywords at first. keyword PHRASES that amount to 3-4 words and get 2,000 searches a month or so. 1 word keywords and usually 2 word keywords wont do you any good right now in the search engines. so what i suspect is that you have a few keyword phrases in your tutorials that people are searching for and ending up at your site from the search engines OR it is from other advertising and they obviously are attracted to certain parts of your tutorials and not others. you need to find out where your visitors are coming from and you need to know what they are searching for when they come to your site. your cpanel offers services lik awstats and webalizer. i suggest you learn to study your traffic and understand what the terms mean and how you can use those statistics to your advantage.there is a wealth of knowledge out there to optimize your blog, you have to READ READ READ. just asking questions from time to time wont hardly get you anywhere. you have to research and study. like i said before. seo is like an art and keywords is just one form of seo. the whole thing is art form ....just like web design. you didn't learn web design in one day. heck, you're probably still learning because everything changes once you learn something. same with seo and keywords and how google dictates what gets ranked high or low. always changing. so an answer you get today may not be good tomorrow. it's best to study research and study.there are 3-4 good keyword tools available. google adwords tool is one of them. but i wouldn't just stick to one because they all have something different to offer. have you ever searched through google trends? that's another good resource to determine what people are searching for.the best way to look at your question is for you to answer it from a searcehrs perspective. not your own. who do you want coming to your website? what 3-4 keyword phrases do you want them to be searching for when they come to your site. target your users that way. see through the eyes of your visitors and try to predict how they will come to find your website and then target them using keywords and other techniques. it takes creativity. that i you have i know because you are good at what you do in web design. it also takes a little psychology. you know a little about that, but still needs work. you also need some good common sense and intuition.now you have a pretty good website going for you. but what you are writing about has already been done and other websites will have higher priority because their domain is older than yours and they have more backlinks from relative sites so you part of seo is a waiting game to get your domain established. you also want to set your website and content apart from all others who you are competing with. do you know which websites you are competing with? enter your keywords in to google and see what pops up. notice the top 10. do you know where you are on that list? well, with the keyword examples you have already given, you probably end up on page 1000 or something. so i highly doubt ANYONE is coming to your site from the keywords you mentioned.like i said. you are doing something right because you are getting visitors and comments on your blog. but you don't even know even know the answers the why's and you probably have a lot of questions that nobody can possibly answer in one thread. getting some general answers here will be a good start but you really have to google your questions. not for one day. not for one week. but for as long as you have your blog. i used to spend 5 hours a day researching and reading but for the average person, they really need to research what they want to know for about an hour a day if they want the answers they are looking for. problem with researching is one place will say one thing, and another place will say something totally different. so when researching you want to take it all in and try to form your best conclusion in what will work and come up with a strategy to impliment what you have learned.now one thing i noticed about your site is you have the same amazon ads for every page. when you create a page, you want to target ads to your content. your ads should be different for each page you create. this is just a small tip that has nothing to do with keywords but you are trying to accomplish everything at once. and you're a newbie at most everything here so just try to concentrate on one thing at a time. you do this by writing down a plan of action what you want to accomplish and then set goals for yourself. write them down in steps. this will take you a day just to write a plan of action or what you want to accomplish. when i talk to you, it's usually when you are frustrated or confused and impatient. you come here to try to get answers but the answers here are limited and wont teach you as much as researching in your own time an hour a dayalso, when researching, you need to take notes and bookmark the good websites so you can always refer back to your notes or the good websites to refresh your memory because when researching, if doing it right, there is a lot to take in. TONS of information is out there that you need to know about and you WILL forget half the good stuff you read about and that will do you no good so be sure to take notes and bookmark.i will help you a little with your keywords to get you started in the next day or so. we will start with ONE page on your site. not two or three or compare one page to the other. i will help you with one page for keywords so when you have a page in mind you want help with, let me know and i will give you a lesson in keywords and optimization.i will NOT clutter my head like you do yours wondering why one page is getting hits while other pages aren't getting as many when you don't even no why even one page is getting hits in the first place. you can't start comparing unless you understand what you did on just one page. if can't understand one page, why ask about two pages? that makes no sense so what we need to do is try to make you more patient in concentrating on one thing at a time so you understand it and can move on to other things with more knowledge than you had before(if that makes sense)i've rambled on long enough and don't even know if i made any sense. hard for me to get thoughts to words....especially on complex topics like seo and keywords and web design and optimization.

thank you a lot anwiii, if you rambled here as you said, but i found every word useful enough to think what i should do and from where to start. i will try focus more, and do research more and put a plan of my goals. hope i can see good results soon , thank you again.

hope i can see good results soon

see, you prove my point. you can't have the mindset of seeing good results soon. you have to have the mindset of making goals and putting your plans to action and WAITING for results. no website is a success the minute they publish it. NONE! so what makes others different from you? what do you have to compare? if you aren't able to wait a year or two for your good results then there will be a problem and you will become frustrated more and thinking too much in what you should be doing rather than clear your mind and take baby steps. if you want to run before you can walk, then i think you are going to be falling down a lot. ;)

hey, thanks for the google keyword tool idea. never found that before! :Pjust tried it and found out that people would rather write "lagu ayodance" than "ayodance soundtrack" and stuff. maybe i should try to change it and see if it will fix something... or not at all. but it worth trying i guess :P though i can't see my way in comparing mine and others. well it seems they are much the same (unless if i'm comparing to some "search engine" sites, that is). the only differences seems to be the domain age, since mine is kind of new (still under 1 year) and theirs is like since 2007 and things like that o_0well thank you anyway. hope i can beat those "search engine" and old domains ;)

I don't have much experience in keyword marketing but I think the knowledge that I have on seo after years of creating and marketing my websites is enough to help you folks get where you want to go.Google and other search engines crawl the web gathering information and other stats that make it easy for people to search for information right. Generally a site that has relevant information does get linked from various sources and the search algorithms are quick to pick it up. After analysing the data they capture, they give them different types of ratings and a site that has the most 'incoming' links from other websites that shares some of its keywords is considered most relevant and gets the top spot...and so the search result pages are constructed. To deal with your case, my dear friend, I would advise you to focus on writing quality material and getting your website links out there on websites in your particular niche. there are various ways this can be achieved and two of the most popular ways are writing and commenting on blogs that allow you to insert a link to your site and joining a forum that discusses your subject matter then inserting your website link in your sig. These two ways will bring loads of traffic if done right and you have my word, will increase your PageRank. PageRank is simply your website's rating out of 10. I advise you folks to work on getting your Pagerank higher and using the best keywords relevant to your material...just do a bit of research and you'll be good. :)catch you later! Wish you all the success guys!!

see, you prove my point. you can't have the mindset of seeing good results soon. you have to have the mindset of making goals and putting your plans to action and WAITING for results. no website is a success the minute they publish it. NONE! so what makes others different from you? what do you have to compare? if you aren't able to wait a year or two for your good results then there will be a problem and you will become frustrated more and thinking too much in what you should be doing rather than clear your mind and take baby steps. if you want to run before you can walk, then i think you are going to be falling down a lot. smile.gif

ok i understand you and i will try doing the best i can, taking things step by step and cross my fingers. but i won't lie i am kind of taking big steps :)

To deal with your case, my dear friend, I would advise you to focus on writing quality material and getting your website links out there on websites in your particular niche. there are various ways this can be achieved and two of the most popular ways are writing and commenting on blogs that allow you to insert a link to your site and joining a forum that discusses your subject matter then inserting your website link in your sig. These two ways will bring loads of traffic if done right and you have my word, will increase your PageRank. PageRank is simply your website's rating out of 10.
I advise you folks to work on getting your Pagerank higher and using the best keywords relevant to your material...just do a bit of research and you'll be good. smile.gif

thank you a lot for your reply and your advices, i will keep in mind and add them to my plan.