xisto Community
Jonnyabc

Free Promotional Music? Music in the eye of a marketer

Entrepreneurship...company...website...marketing...video ads...background music. One step leads to another, and finally we come to the sad tale that I cannot seem to find good free background music to place in a video ad promoting my website and it's service. Free music (legally or otherwise)...check. Promotional music to be used in advertisement...check. Put the two together and someone might claim we finally have created cold fusion.To borrow a typical line from the movies, "If anyone...is out there...please help." If I haven't made myself clear already, I am wanting to find free and legal audio tracks that I can use to promote a service (which involves making a profit). I don't mind if I have to necessarily put in fine print who the composer/artist is...that's the least of my problems.

Free Music is music that is licensed under Copyleft.
This means that the author decides to put his work in the public domain, uncopyrighted.
The label "Free Music" stands for Open Source music or music under Creative Commons Licenses. The idea is similar to the notion of "Free Software".
Creative Commons Licenses contain a total of eleven Creative Commons licenses.
Generally a track released under Creative Commons Licenses (CCL), let others copy, distribute, display, perform the copyrighted work but for noncommercial purposes only.
I've found a website that offers to download free songs in MP3 format ,the offered pieces are legal.
Some songs are released under Free Music label and for others, They received the agreement of the artist or his or her label.
See this website where you can download MP3's. All the tracks are free and legal. Some are distributed under the label "Free Music", for others they have the authorization of the author and at last, some links are redirected to the host of the files.

Is it the case that you already have a video but are missing music to it, or that you are looking for music which will inspire a video? If the former, then your quest may be never-ending. The latter, of course, should be much simpler.

Take a look at free, Creative Commons audio websites. For example, Soundclick have the ability to search for Creative Commons licensed music, which you can use for free. Jamendo also hold Creative Commons music and audio which you can use. Free Loops and ccMixter are also worth a look.

Free Music is music that is licensed under Copyleft.

This means that the author decides to put his work in the public domain, uncopyrighted.

The label "Free Music" stands for Open Source music or music under Creative Commons Licenses. The idea is similar to the notion of "Free Software".

Creative Commons Licenses contain a total of eleven Creative Commons licenses.

Generally a track released under Creative Commons Licenses (CCL), let others copy, distribute, display, perform the copyrighted work but for noncommercial purposes only.

I've found a website that offers to download free songs in MP3 format ,the offered pieces are legal.

Some songs are released under Free Music label and for others, They received the agreement of the artist or his or her label.

See this website where you can download MP3's. All the tracks are free and legal. Some are distributed under the label "Free Music", for others they have the authorization of the author and at last, some links are redirected to the host of the files.

Yep as said above in 2 posts, there a lot of good sites around that you can find duty free or as we call it Royalty free music, for voice overs and such. I have had to make a few Public Service Announcements over the years and they can come in very nicely if you wish to find music without voice. I have so many sites that listing them here would be useless so just go to google or whatever search you use and type in Royalty free music downloads. and Wala your set. Good Luck

One thing you can do is ask for music from artist from sites like acidmusic and some other artist showcase sites. You can also get music from creative commons search or sound click. There are some royalty free music sites. But i suggest signing up to service that offers you music by charging some fee. LOL@Truefusion, that happens with most of the flash presentation videos. They just can't get good music that matches presentation.