xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
sheepdog

Spring Is Sprung

I was begining to think winter was never going to end. But finally the weather is warming up and since I finally finished my income tax return today, all I have haning over my head is dog clipping and planting. The planting part I really enjoy, the clipping, not so much. As soon as I hit the send button on the tax return early this afternoon, I was out the door and shoveling rabbit poop into my flower bed. This will make the forth wagon load, and I need about one more. Yesterday Walmarts had some tulip bulbs for half price, so I got pink and purple ones and dug up a new little bed for them by the drivway entrance and got them planted, they really look good together, on the opposite side of the drive I have yellow and red tulips blooming from last year. Over the past few days I have dug up refreshed all my big tub planters and the big raised bed of flowers in front of the kennel. All I have to do now is seed them. And get somebody with a big strong back to drag my big potted Angel Trumpet plant out of the kennel where I keep it in the winter. Had the hired man planting 4 new fruit trees the past couple days. Now the only huge project is getting my better half to till up the big flower bed along the driveway. He manage to tear up the tiller working up his son's garden, and had to manufactor a new part for the tractor. And there is still our garden to till up, hopefully it will do better than last year. So, I am as you might guess, in full tilt spring time planting gear. So good to be out of the house and enjoying the great outdoors.

Spring happens to be one of my favorite seasons. I love the sights and sounds that make up this beautiful season of life {kids playing outside, mud pies at the ready, puddles to jump in, rubber ice to race across, new life in the animal world, the movement in agriculture towards sowing and reaping?.. the list could go on}.On this particular day I was motivated to clean, all in an effort to prepare for the gorgeous long days ahead. I am proud to report that our home is now whistling along with me, every nook and cranny has been attended to, the doors and windows have been flung open to welcome this much needed change. Indeed, in so many areas of life ?Spring has Sprung?.

ever since i moved to missouri, i don't like spring as much. i used to, but here, it's rainy and muddy. winters are too cold, spring is too muddy, summer is too hot. so i think now my favorite season is fall.i would rather see the snow than see the mud and i would rather be in 90 degree heat than see the mud. am i happy spring is here? NOPE! but it's that much closer to fall ;)i do like all the plant and animal life that seem to come out in the spring though. nothing can compare to it....it's the time of year i like to sit outside....especially at night when it's clear....

Edited by anwiii (see edit history)

Ah yes, the favorite of many....spring cleaning. I don't do that one. Have too many other things to do in the Spring. I do my winter cleaning, when it's too nasty to be outside.

Ahhhh, but at least mud does not cause frost bite! And it washes off easily with a hose. In the dang winter the hose is probably froze up and you can't even use it!