xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

connect to internet automatically when computer starts. Making A DSL Connection Auto-Connect On StartUp

connect to internet automatically when computer starts. Making A DSL Connection Auto-Connect On StartUp

is it possible to connect wireless broadband internet (usb prepaid) automatically? without clicking on connect.

connect to internet automatically when computer starts. 

-reply by Erik

If it's a 3G USB Dongle, I believe there is no way to set it up to automatically connect. USB Connection (I'm using SmartBro Plug-it Plan 999) and I've been trying to set it up in such a way that it will automatically connect during boot up, but failed. Apparently, 3G USB Dongles requires the use of a software to manage the connection. And these software keep tracks of your usage (either for billing or monitoring). There may be hacks to do this but I don't know any, yet.

when you open the program that comes with the internet dongle (if it's the same as my Vodafone) you should be able to open settings and there is a box to tick fr automatic connection, if you tick that box and create a shortcut for the program in Start/Program Files/Start Up it should come up when your computer turns on then automatically connects, good luck.