xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Mr. Cheeky

Grand Theft Auto Hits Psp! WOW

GTA PSP expectations

PSM2 (UK) have published a two-page feature on GTA PSP in their latest issue, with their expectations on how the project will be tackled.

Gameplay

Rockstar president Sam Houser was quoted saying "Sony's extremely impressive technology has allowed Rockstar Leeds to do more on a handheld machine than we could have ever imagined", virtually guaranteeing that the game will be 3D rather than top-down. For what it's worth, we're prediciting a prequel to San Andreas based on CJ's life in Liberty City, probably featuring the likes of Donald Love and other popular GTA3 characters.

Battery Life

The reason for GTA's lack of loading screens is that it constantly streams off the disc - something that could be a problem, since a constantly whirring disc would drain the PSP's battery. We're expecting to see Vice City style postcards breaking the game into chunks.

Music

One of the biggest draws to any GTA game is gunning down the enemy to a medley of tuneage - but again playing it direct from the CD could seriously sap the PSP's battery life. One suggestion is that the music could come on a memory stick as part of the package.

Controls

The PSP's a few buttons lighter than the DualShock 2, so Rockstar will have to come up with a way of corporating all GTA's controls. With the lack of a right analogue, we're expecting several fixed viewpoint options and a much more forgiving lock-on system.

Screen Shot

Well Here is what you been looking for!

/legacy

Thanks For Your Time!

hey do you know what batter PSP uses?? i hope they dont use a AA2 battery...haha that would be hilarious but if it was rechargable...i still think it would still need alot of power to run all the graphics...i have a game boy sp and that sucks up the battery like crazy and the graphics are like 32bit...

well, i don't like any of GTA series played at PS or PS2 or PSP, since i think GTA is easier to play usng mouse and keyboard, you know? it is easy to turn 180 degree or even 360 degree using mouse (just slipt it around!). And, since you'll be so panic while police or other maniac shooting you, it will make you harder to turn you character to other side: the result: you gonna easily die man....

sandymc you got a point with the button problem but they wikll find away, and the battery will last up to 2 days, and will be a rechargeable type, dont know what the battery is or looks liek yet but thats wnhat it will do. and the graphics and music will be a little choppy but playstation always finds away to fix *BLEEP* up and rig it too look nice lol. xbox gonna have to make a handheld soon. lol

I take it that GTA for psp will take up a lot of battery due to all the infomation in it. And how huge the GTA games generally are. Well, I look forward to it. Great stuff, hopefully it'll turn out to be a good batch of good work.

Yea Psp is gonna be sweet but i dont like how they didn't have san andreas come out for it instead they have GTA 3. 3 is still a good game but they should'be stuck with the newer game i think more people would buy the Psp if that happend. I just can't wait till it comes out im so excited and everyone else should be!!!

Grand Theft Auto is a lot better on x-box and im not just saying that. You can listen to your own cds while you play and the graphics are better than Ps2 I think the graphics are the same for the PC and xbox but the controls on a keyboard are hard to do all the time. So i have to say GTA is better on xbox. The lastest game to the grand theft autro series comes out on the 7th of June which with make xbox even better! So whoever owns an xbox will have to buy it.

man, when I get my PSP im going to buy this game, no doubt about it. I mean, look at the graphics, and look at the fact that you will be able to play it wherever you go :)IMHO this is one of the best games that are announced for PSP!(PS: about the question about PSP batteries, I believe it has a special built-in lithium rechargable battery, much like GBA SP and Nintendo DS)

i cant wait for the PSP to come to the UK :) i have one on order now ill be geting GTA and need for speed looks mint also fifa lol anyone no anything about the UMDs movies

Wow, a handheld Grand Theft Auto sounds amazing. That series of games is by far my favorite. They are so well made and are so addicting. The PSP is pretty powerful, and I think the Grand Theft Auto game will be great for it. I hope that if they do release it, that they will release it on PS2 or PC or something as well, because I don't plan on buying a PSP :).

I think they should make san andreas for it....IF they want to make a game that will sell big and amaze me, thatll be the game thatll do it for me....San andreas on a handheld might be hard though because the graphics are so intense they would have to use a bunch of space and might have to really compress or whatever they do to the game to make it fit on those discs. Also the map of andreas is huge! that game would be amazing to put on a little handheld lol. I didnt like the first GTA game though because of the top view and the very poor graphics...

Get the helicopter called "Hunter"?:D. I got this tips from my book. First you have to get the cop uniform at Washington Beach's police Station (notice that you have to do a couple of missions to unlock the uniform. huh! this make me waiting for a long time! I must do sum mission unntil I get this uniiform) then go to Vercetti Estate your house after doing all missions to Diaz plus killing him :D and you will find a helicopter on the roof-it is a Maverick. Then fly to the back of the Airport and there would be the Army base (if not you went to another place). Then fly above the base and in the very back you will find this helicopter. It is very good in the Vigilante Missions. There is a Heavy Machine Gun and Missles in this "Hunter"Helicopter. THaT Is fUn :D !! Oh yeah I've another fun tips, I found it myself. Get you're sniper and shoot the moon, its size will change! Make sure to use you're sniper otherwise it will not work. Type "ONSPEED" if u re play this game at computer. It will BOOST your game!!!!! to make it back to normal, just type "BOOOOOORING".
Deliberately fail the mission 'Guardian Angels' for Colonel Cortez, either by letting the Haitian on the dirt bike get away or letting the Haitians kill Diaz. Then go up to Diaz's Admiral "The car doors will be open" and get in, once in the car, crash it into a wall and you will see that there is no damage at all. This is a good car for when you have a load of cops on your tail as the Admiral will take no damage. That is coooool! isn't it? I type a long words ........ huh?! I'm tired! Why there is nobody have sum tips for this game huh?! B)

Note to administrator : I'm not copying this from any other site..!!! :) :)

Edited by slashjump (see edit history)

I can't wait for it to come out! I love the PC version, but it seems that it is going to be harder to aim and do various things on a PSP x(. And such a tiny screen is going to show less details. Not the best, but perfect for on the road gameplay!

You know I thought I'd die when i found out this was coming out on PSP.Well even though id rather buy a ps2 then a psp(i already have on though)I absolutely love the grand theft auto series.just the fact that you can do what you want.Just the whole thought about havent the privledge of being anywhere you want with the psp, AND whipping people up on GTA.its absolutely awesome!

This one of the best if not the best game for psp. It is everything and more that you could expect from the GTA series. It is just as good as the ps2 version. It did so good that they are bringing out vice city stories. So i cant wait for that one to come out. But if you haven't played liberty city stories you are definetly missiong out on something.