xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
naldnaldb

Help Needed! Free Website Hosting For Music Upload

Hi im new to this whole website creating hosting thing.I dont know much or rather none HTML coding scripts or w/e.i was just wondering how i could do this with Xisto.how could i simply create a simple homepage or w/e, then upload my own music on and post them on forums for people to listen to (streaming through a window media player online)is that do-able here?if not, where else would i be able to do that?I use to use fileden.com, a free file hosting place where i can just upload whatever i want with direct link, but it's not working lately.any help, advices, suggestions?

First thing to do is gather a lot of posts. And I would suggest learning some HTML coding, the basics would be like a quantum leap. You can set up streaming sites almost anywhere and there are lot of ways that you can do it. Either embed files or let your webhost..hmm..host the file. For the meantime, though, study some basics of HTML. It's relatively easy and I'm sure you'll love it.

First of all , you must own what you have the intention to host , or to put online for people to listen too.Any copyright infringment will lead to the termination of your hosting account *paid or not *.Then you can set up a simple static web page ,use a free mp3 player and embed your mp3 on your pages.

While it's bit hard to setup this little program, I like to use XSPF web music player.

http://musicplayer.sourceforge.net/

It loads your songs using xml play list, which with little bit of coding you can automatically generate this xml play list. I made a code and use it as an example if you want to use this player. The idea is to read all mp3 in a directory and write them in xml format.

// set this to a creator name$creator = "AUTHOR";// search for mp3 files. set this to '.flv' or '.jpg' for the other scripts$filter = ".mp3";// path to the directory you want to scan// "./" = current directory$directory = "./";// URL to files$url = "http://www mp3 location";// read through the directory and filter files to an array@$d = dir($directory);if ($d){  while($entry = $d->read())  {	$ps = strpos(strtolower($entry), $filter);	if (!($ps === false))	{	  $items[$entry]['mtime'] = filemtime($entry);	}  }  $d->close();  arsort($items);}// the playlist is built in an xspf format// first, we'll add an xml header and the opening tags...header("content-type:text/xml;charset=utf-8");echo "<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?>\n";echo "<playlist version='1' xmlns='http://xspf.org/ns/0/'>\n";echo "  <title>PLAYER TITLE</title>\n";echo "  <info>" . $url . "</info>\n";echo "  <trackList>\n";// ...then we loop through the array...foreach($items as $key => $value){  $title = substr($key, 0, strlen($key) - 4);  $when = date("n/j", filemtime($key));  echo "	<track>\n";  echo "	  <creator>"  . $creator		  . "</creator>\n";  echo "	  <title>"	. $when ." ". $title			. "</title>\n";  echo "	  <location>" . $url . '/' . $key . "</location>\n";  echo "	  <image>http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ location</image>\n";  echo "	  <info>SAMPLE INFO GOES HERE</info>\n";  echo "	</track>\n";}// ...and last we add the closing tagsecho "  </trackList>\n";echo "</playlist>\n";

And name this file as, i.e., playlist.php. Use XSPF to point the playlist to this file. And you are done. The playlist will regenerate for each visitor, therefore your update will be shown to the next successful visitor after your upload. No need to take the player off line.

The easiest thing to do is to make a video with the music in it. That video can be uploaded on the Youtube. It is not even necessary to put content in it. The video can contain a text, 1 word or a picture during the complete song.