xisto Community
Soviet Rathe

Whats Going On With Trap17?!?!?!? its broken... :(

ok. sorry, my mistake. I m doing some brain storming meeting friends about Xisto. Its a big step for me and I m nervvous.I fixed the PM thingy and except for shoutbox, please report any other errors u may be facing here.

don't be nervous. there are a lot of people i am sure that are supporting you and will help you if you need it including me. you just can't be afraid to ask for help even if it is just to suggest ideas or brainstorm a little or offer support in other ways. i think i am more nervous than you are about Xisto only because i don't know exactly what is being planned for it. one thing is for sure though, with a new domain name, it's back to the grinding stone in advertising it.

i am glad you fixed the pm's. the only other big problem i see is that people get confused when they come here. i don't know when Xisto will be finished. if it's soon, then i don't think revamping faqs and how trap works will be worth it. also, when you fixed the pm's, you fixed a couple other things at the same time which was causing errors when you would click on a link. maybe it was all linked to the same problem....

ok. sorry, my mistake. I m doing some brain storming meeting friends about Xisto. Its a big step for me and I m nervvous.
I fixed the PM thingy and except for shoutbox, please report any other errors u may be facing here.

If I had the answer to your statement, would I spend this time to answer a question with another question? Did you prefer to have an announcement that forum is experiencing module issues and Gamma server is disabled and set to read only mode? And preferably signed by Xisto Tech or from OpaQue?

What?... What's wrong with GAMMA? my website is hosted there are you saying I can't edit it or use it ATM?

In anwiii's "blunt" or should I say... "crude" way, he is right, I see it too.... these forums have been slowly degrading for the past 2 months.

you might have noticed that I am not as active as I used to be, why? because there are hardly any topics that interest me.

and talking about the neglect issues, a couple weeks ago it took Four Days for my topic as well as others to be approved

I understand you're busy with other things but Xisto should be your highest priority.

also, OpaQue, the problems with the fast reply, reply elements missing and the links/tabs in profiles still persist for me.

but Xisto should be your highest priority.

As far as I know BH actually has a job, and is a volunteer or something like that here. So why should this be his highest priority? Aren't people allowed to have a life outside of the computer anymore?
But yes we need more mods. Please, just hire some mods! I'm sure there are many people here that would qualify.

As for Gamma, from what I told, Apache had to be reinstalled and if your a wordpress user on gamma you had some problems. Well I just went through my account and your wordpress should be working again and as for the cause it could have been anything but my experience leads to file permissions as part of the package that caused Apache to be reloaded. As for the rest of the problems its seems to be random but the problems are being worked out and thats a good thing.

anwiii,It wasn't the question of patience or not saying anything to raise the voice. Perhaps you misunderstood while your emotion was high.When you accuse adminS and moderators of not caring about the forum you are making a big accusation and boarder line slander. When even THIS admin had no idea what's going on it is not nice to be included in the whole "blame" ring. And obviously moderators would have even lesser information because a tech or an admin did not inform them--although it does not mean that they wait for the admin(s) to inform, they can certainly PM OR email OpaQue directly. He has never been shy about sharing his personal email or general email address with anyone. If PM system is broken, use the support ticket. If support ticket is not being answered use email. When all three fails perhaps you should give a benefit of doubt that something might be going on that delays a reasonable reply. It does not give an opportunity to be labeled as uncaring lackluster service provider.You talk of supporting the forum, helping the new members and giving Xisto the respect it deserves. You certainly can do that without expressing in terms you have used. Going down the tube, not as smooth as previous years and criticizing key members of the forum are not exactly what new members need to read, I think you'll agree.There are ways to voice your opinions without lashing the back hand of rage and irritant. I do not ask of you the way I ask our moderators. And you certainly are not required to be in terms with my role in Xisto forum. I have been and always will be without the luxury of expressing my own views because my words are reflections of this forum.Whatever the personal differences you have expressed both on or off the forum thread, what I enforce is your tone in the forum. You can submit any opinion as you'd like but I expect more from veteran members such as yourself. And thus I express even stronger opinion when you follow suit with members who are just experiencing Xisto forum. When moderators and admins are not here, the long and trusted members of Xisto are just as important as when moderators are present. Therefore, when a long member joins in the bandwagon rather than calming, taming a potentially start of irreconcilable topic I would like to see veteran members saying things like, hey have you tried this if not I will try and let you all know; I have submitted the ticket and wait until what they have to say; has anyone tried to contact so and so; although PM is not working I see that Xisto has (social network page) maybe I can get their attention this way...If this is too much to ask of any veteran members, it is given as though what I hope members realize that there are many ways to get a hold of Xisto - Support. It is by no means that you HAVE to do it this way. You will know which moderators have even faster reply. They will find out even in greater detail about the situation (while before, during or after) than myself. And they will make it available as soon as it becomes known to them.So please, do not accuse any one of us being uncaring. We do what we can under the conditions and information that are provided to us.

yea, my words that have been used may not be good for new users to hear if they are debating if this is a good place or not. but it's better to acknowledge the problems than ignore them. i will always take that stand. as far as slandering mods and admins. i did no such thing nor is it borderline. accusing as a group? yup. slandering? nope. it can't be slander if it's true.really, i am no dummy. i have two eyes. i can also compare how things are run today compared to 2 years ago. when i do this, trap was run more efficiently. that is a FACT and i will debate you all day on it. i include you just like i include opa and all the moderators. i place you all in the same group as you all took on a responsibility. what i have noticed is that things have become a little lazy. mods don't log on as much as they used to, there is very little communication between eachother to actually make sure this forum is run as efficiently as before. i am not singling out any mods or admins, but i talk about them as a group. i don't know exactly where the problem lies within this moderation team, but there is a problem to think about.you don't see what i see? you don't see how in some ways the forum has become more lax? this is why i talked about a little more strictness. i know exactly how many times i hit the report button. i know exactly how many times one user can spam this whole place. i know exactly when the SB has been spammed. i also know how long it takes sometimes for a moderator or admin to catch it.maybe i have too high of standards for trap. maybe i care too much. maybe i am just imagining things. you think? i do care about this place. maybe it doesn't seem like it but when pm's are broken for 2 weeks, posting stuff is the only way to discuss something. also, i sent a pm to an admin recently before the pm's were broken and it wasn't even acknowledged so maybe voicing things publically is the only way right nowwe are in a transition with this new site newsutra, and i really think it's important that things run as smoothly as possible right from the start.i just want to make one things clear though. i haven't directed my postings to anyone in particular or singling anyone out. i know the help here is volunteer. so if it's the best these people can do, then maybe other things need to be considered so trap runs more smoothly. even mods and you talking to opaque every day or every other day just to update him on what is going on so issues can be addressed. i don't know. all i know is that it should be a group effort.

The advanced mode for replies is messed up. You aren't given a cursor and the seeking doesn't work, and sometimes you get stuck and can't move.Another thing, when you reply to a post you can't put stuff below the quote.In all, the main problem I have is the text editor when you're posting in advanced mode.