xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
kagerioshu

The Olive Oil Treatment Dry skin? Try this unusual remedy...

Although I'm a man, like many of you I've been dealing with dry skin and eczema my entire life. I have tried many different "remedies", and while some of them have proven to be decent, none of them have really done my skin the justice it deserves. Some moisturizers leave the skin feeling filmy, others make me break out, etc.However, I came across a solution I found is quite remarkable. It may sound peculiar to most, but I started using olive oil a few years back and quite frankly, it has worked wonderfully ever since. Even Charles Atlas, the man that perhaps STARTED the body fitness trend in America, recommended olive oil as the superior solution for pampering one's skin. Of course, he recommended this for men, but I'm here saying that anybody can try it out if they're willing to think a little differently about skin treatment.Olive oil for dry skin is a very different kind of treatment compared to, let's say, a typical moisturizer. Most of them are developed to work anywhere, anytime. But olive oil should definitely be used right out of the shower. It works best when, after having taken a hot shower, youimmediately apply a generous amount to your face, torso, and wherever else you feel you need to treat your skin.The surprising thing about olive oil is that despite being a pure oil, it doesn't clog your pores nor will it cause your skin to break out or get dirty. Being wholly organic and natural, it absorbs quite easily and can be applied anytime you're done bathing. However, keep in mind that it can leave a peculiar "shine" to your complexion if you use too much at once (although this shine disappears in an hour or so).I won't say it's the ultimate solution for everyone, but I do believe that people without allergies to olives should definitely try it out at least once. I recommend using light olive oil as it is cleaner and has a smoother, lighter texture than the other types (extra virgin, regular).I really hope it works for others like it has for me. If not, then Godspeed and good luck on your search for skin treatment that expresses your beauty. :angel:

I have problems with dry skin on my hands and face, especially on my hands when they crack in the winter, it can be quite painful. I'll definitely try out the olive oil moisturizer treatment. I've tried quite a few moisturizers so I'll let you know how it works for me. It's an interesting treatment, thanks for sharing.

hmmm, i am not very quite sure it will work for me. i have a dry skin either, but i used many products but nothing permanent. i will definitely give it a try even it makes me feel as a walking plat of salad . :angel: by the way, my last doctor give me this lotion (EXCIPIAL LIPO) and told me to use it regularly 4-5 times a day, whenever i feel my skin is dry. and it works great for me, at least i get ride of the the eczema in my hand. and feel soft all day. dry skin is a really big problem. even if i am using gloves when i clean or washing dishes, or avoid any touch with the cleansers, or spending hours to find the best cosmetic that fit my skin, i hope your solution will work for all of us.

Olive oil has been used for centuries! From medicinal purposed to the use in salads, olive oil is a staple in many diets. Olive oil has many health benefits. Olive oil may help prevent breast cancer, ovarian cancer, colon cancer, and may even fight heart disease, also high in antioxidants, chemicals that fight cancer. It also contains, oleic acid, a fatty acid that is believed to suppress a gene responsible for over 25% of breast cancers. olive oil has a lot of calories, it should be used in moderation. There are many ways to incorporate olive oil into your diet to reap the possible benefits.

Olive oil,this is an easy way to enhance the health and vitality of your hair,olive oil works as a natural hair conditioner,It helps to make your hair softer and more manageable,brush your hair through and then part your hair carefully with a comb or brush,dip your fingers into the oil and use your finger tips to carefully massage the oil into your scalp,this a best way to use a olive oil.