xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
leiaah

Do Read Your Old Diaries? this might appeal more to girls like me

Last night as I was rummaging through my old stuff (I was cleaning my messed up room actually) I found my old diary. It was from 5 years ago. I don't usually have diaries mainly because I can't keep up with it but apparently 5 years ago I filled up the entire month of January. Anyways, as I was reading I realized how corny are the things that I wrote then and its silly because it seems as if I had more of a life then compared to now. It's a bit cathartic though to read about what I did in high school with people that I cared for at that time and up to now. I miss my classmates and my family friends. *sigh

yeah... i read my old diaries too, and my blog archives too. and you have reason when i read my old diaries and blog entries (like from 2 years ago) y see how my personality at that time was, and y realize how much i have changed from that time to the actual day. i remember that my posts where like "oh i wanna die" or "i need to be cheerfull so my friends wont notice im wrong" and now they're like "yaay i went to the mall with my friends ^o^" so i really notice the diference.. and i found one when i was at junior school. i was saying to myself "duuuh stupid kiddo i was xD" so it's really fun to check ur old diary entries!!

Of course! I love going through old diaries. Its funny to read what you wrote when you were upset. Its odd how you can go back, read something, and remember exactly what was going on in your life, exactly where you were sitting, and what you were thinking. I always end up going through old diaries, then I either tear them up, throw them away, or burn them. LOL. I know I'm crazy, but it helps me to find closure. Then of course I start a new diary, almost like a new chapter of my life. :DHugs,Amby

And people still keep diaries now-a-days?I thought people thought that they were just a chore at the end the day, but obviously I was wrong.IF I kept a diary I personally would've thrown it out by now, purely because I hated my past!

Thats the best reason to write. To get things out of your system. Things you hate, dislike, love, etc. Its good to get all of that out, out of your system. All of those emotions build up eventually, and can cause some serious mental problems (oh trust me, I know. LOL. You're talking to a crazy woman afterall).. Anyway. Like I said, its good to get it all out, on paper, then burn it, tear it up or do whatever. Its a great way to get closure.Hugs,Amby

I still have my diaries from when I was little and I look through them when I find them. Other than that, I read through old blog posts occasionally. It's interesting how different I was back then, how I've changed so much. In blog posts two years ago, I seemed happy. I was still reeling from a loss, but that didn't really show through. A year ago, I had gotten rather serious and excited about things, life. And now... I've sort of gone extroverted and poetic. Lol.

Yeah i read my old entries too, allthough i hardly ever write. its quite depressing auctally because i see how much happier i was in thoes old entries and it makes me really upset knowing how much my life has changed. :D

I think i used to have a diary, But i don't know what happend to it. If i do find it i'm sure that i will see how much anger i had in my system at the time i wrote it. Somedays i was happy but 98.1% of the time i was angry at everything. maybe i will go look for my old diary before i go to bed. Maybe i will see how stupid i was back then

I never really wrote in a diary after 6th grade. I was all about doing it until then though. Wrote down what boy I liked every week. (It changed quite often! hehe) Anyway I stopped writing in a diary when I started doing fan fiction writing. All of my concerns and joys became therein contained, in the characters, their reactions, where they were going and how they were getting along with each other. I can tell, by going back and reading some of these stories, what was going on in my life in each chapter. Sometimes I'd go back months later and keep working on a story, but the flavor would be different because my mindset would have changed or I had some new worry to work through. Anway, like was posted earlier, I found it particularly cathartic in the dark winter months to write about being happy in the sun with trees. So you can imagine how many Lord Of The Rings fics I've done - those elves do love their trees! :D

Yes I do I have kept diaries on and off since age 14, its amazing to see how I used to think back then. There are so many things that I forgot about. I think its good to look back at where you were and what you've become. Its also good for the memory. Im on some online diary or weblog sites. Livejournal is a good one and myspace is another thats good for friends it has a weblog feature too. There are lots around, but nothing like the old pen and paper that you can pull out and read as the years go by.