xisto Community
SharedMan

Favourite Place To Travel

1st,i love to travel to any place,,,if u said even somalia!!!! i well travel to see it but if you ask me where to travel and enjoy,,,learn,,,,love,,,,i well choose : egypt if you love nature : go there for nile river on both sides the palm trees ...the clear blue water in aswan ,,,is sssssssssssoooooooooooooooooooo beutiful...the night in desserts,,,the red sea ,where you can dive in the best water if you love history: what better than egypt,,pharonic,,islamic,qubts,chiristia? ,,where gesus go to egypt in his early life....the pyramids,,,the museam of egypt,,,,,luxur and aswan if you love shopping : what is better than gold,silver,wood and copper handicrafts in khan el khalily in cairo if u love food; the best oriental food in the worled so i choose egypt

if you ask me where to travel and enjoy,,,learn,,,,love,,,,i well choose :
egypt

Egypt, huh? I'm not much for history, but there is something to Egypt that I think is fascinating.

I've never crossed the border of the USA except to visit my cousins in Canada when I was two years old (and I don't count that very much when I don't remember anything about it). So all of my travels consist of places within the country. Below I am listing my favorite place(s), as well as where I definitely want to visit.

Favorite places:
Wiilamsburg, Virginia. I love the colonial era, and this historical place hits the spot.

Thomas Jefferson's Monticello home in Virginia. Yet another sort of colonial era (and area), the home of the third President not only consists of history, but a really fascinating group of systems that shows not only his political skills, but those of ingenuity and ingenuousness in his personal design of the house (although I should save myself an argument hopefully by saying that slavery was not the smartest idea at all).

Grand Canyon. Magnificent: colorful, beautiful, big, deep, terrifying, exciting...but it's in my way! (A joke of course.) Need I say anything else about it?

Places I want to visit:
Washington, D.C. See all of the sites of our nation's capital...at least the ones that are still open and available after 9/11. I'm a very patriotic person (you should see the knickknacks in my room) and so this is my absolute desire.

UK. Visiting the cities would be great, but I would especially like to see the beautiful rural areas and different landscapes in all of the provinces, and speak/listen to different people and hear their stories if ever such a chance would arise. I don't expect a story-tale finish to a trip like this, but while I am very patriotic to my own country, I have a lot of Irish, Scottish, English, etc., running through my veins, so naturally I take pleasure to visit my "kin folk" (no matter how far the relation).

Top of Mt. Everest. Okay, so this request may be a little too steep (pardon the pun). I actually don't know if I would want to climb it, but to be at the top on a clear day and see the other "low-lying" peaks around it.

I'm from Germany, but have been to the US a couple of times and these are my top 5 of Places of the USA you have to see:Grand canyon is really awesome, but I liked Bryce Canyon even more. It's completely different, not so deep an big, but therefore you can walk through different types of different colored stones and even small forests. Reminded me of Alice in wonderland somehow :Pso Grand canyon is on 5th place, Bryce Canyon is number 43rd. is San Francisco itself. Just a great city, nice people, lot's of places to relax. And if you want to see the sun (which you can't see that much, because it's foggy most of the time), you can go over the bridge to Oakland, which is almost always sunny.2nd. Yosemite National Park. Just BEAUTIFUL!! High mountains with snow (starting in september) and valleys full of BIG trees and rivers and meadows. Definitely the most peaceful place I've ever been.But my most favorite place in the US is the Black Rock dessert during the Burning Man Festival. Nothing compares to that! It's not really a vacation to go there, it's more like a therapy combined with pure surviving in the heat, but it's absolutely unforgetable!Other than that I will go to Dublin soon and I'd like to go to australia one day. Lucky as I am I live in my most favorite city, yet: Berlin. So I don't have to travel there, I just live it.Getting late, I could go on for hours writing about places that I'd like to see. To make it short: I want to see the whole world! :angel:If anyone want's to come to Berlin, drop me a line, I have an extra bedroom for guests...

Over the years I?ve traveled quite a bit, both in the United States and to other countries, and I?ve found some great vacation spots. I think my most favorite would have to be Hiroshima, Japan. The city itself is not extraordinary in a structural sense, but rather it is the way in which the city recovered after the atomic bomb disaster. There is remarkable beauty and hardiness to the city and its people. In addition, several scenic locations are just as breathtaking as they were before the disaster.Amongst my other favorites, I enjoyed Salt Lake City, Utah for the salt lake and just the general kindness of people in the town. Toulouse, France is another favorite for its countryside. For a tropical climate, Scottsdale, Arizona has golf, boating, and beautiful water! I hope i can go to more in other vacations

I'm ashamed to say I've never left Europe. Not out of personal choice, just the financial constraints of my parents..I'm desperate to visit the USA, regardless of how much of my image of it is pure fantasy.I'd love to visit Russia for historical reasons, particularly Moscow. Unfortunately, having signed up for History of Art next year, I've discovered the annual Moscow trip has been withdrawn after the teacher in charge left.. Bugger.In Europe, my favourite places so far have been Italy and Norway. I'm half-Norwegian so I have a lot of family over there, but it still feels like another world (perhaps a more civilized and expensive one). I love Scandinavian architecture, particularly the multi-coloured wooden houses; and I love the towns that feel like they've grown naturally from the side of a mountain.I love Italy because of the people. I'm cold-blooded and usually hate hot places, but Italy's climate was just right- and I love their way of life. The Italians are some of the friendliest Europeans I've met. Each city is drenched in history (even Milan with its towering brutalist structures) and it really feels like little has changed for hundreds of years.I've also been to Germany. I connected best with the people and immediately understood everything about them. People often find it odd, but I'd say the Germans and the British are very similar in their mannerisms and outlook. Even the climate matched England's, and the post-war architecture reminded me of my own local streets that were destroyed in the 40s.. The Italians were the friendliest nation, but I really felt comfortable amongst the Germans..

ohhhhhh i LOVE traveling, if i had the money, i would have been everywhere in the world already. i've been to most u.s. states. if you draw a line from illinois to north carolina, then you can have an idea of the north eastern states i have yet to visit. i would have found my way up there if my friend didn't flake on me when he was going to sell his house in new hampshire!the place i want to visit the most in the states right now is alaska. the place i want to visit more outside the states is ireland.Naehqwien put up a pretty good list. yosemite is just an awesome place with a lot of places to explore. i haven't been there since i was a kid, but i remember it well. i think my two favorite places though(which are totally different would be wyoming and hawaii(specifically maui), but picking favorite places doesn't do the other places justice. especially the places with the most culture like the southern states. i loved mississippi. louisina, alabama, south and north carolina, and georgia....even though i was told by the police to leave their state and never return haha. a lot of culture in some parts of those states. i like to visit the poorer parts of the towns only because life isn't hidden by how much money you have. it was also a shock to see that segregation is still apart of america today. the white neighborhoods would have their shutters drawn while the black neighborhoods would have kids playing in the streets. some of my best memories were driving through some of the smaller towns in the southern states. i even learned how to crab fish off a bridge....and also eye the aligotors eyeing any crabs you catch.to me, there isn't anything more rewarding than traveling and experiencing different cultures and the ways of life that people have lived for generations. especially when they don't consider ya an outsider and willing to talk to you. i just LOVE treveling. it's sad though because you come and go. you can only hold down your roots in one place at a time. everywhere you travel offers something good and different..... and it's always sad for me when i have to leave.i hope one day i will get to travel to the north eastern states, alaska, and ireland(for at LEAST a couple weeks) before i die or at least well enough to travel :angel: i'm 41 now and time is not on my side haha. at least i met one of my dreams already which was to drive from coast to coast. what an AMAZING experience! most of the time, sleeping in the back of the pickup without a shell. but that doesn't cut it when it rains or when you are in swap territory down south and you have to get away from the billions....yes....BILLIONS of mesquitos. there was one place where you couldn't even open your mouth without one flying in. what a nightmare! haha but was an experience i will never forget.

If i had enough $$ I would travel to each and every corner of the world and can see with my eyes the splendid Glory of the Creator. But i know that i cannot visit each and every place in the world, That is practically not possible. I wanted to Visit the United States of America and live there and understand their culture and way of living. Another place which i really wanted to visit is Israel. I love Israel more than any country. I Love the Jewish people. I dont know why, I am not a Jew. Still i love them. I salute them for their Intelligence. It is such a small country , still a MIGHTY one . Its God's chosen country and no one can ask God why He has chosen them because it is God who chose that Nation. Nations and terrorist may rage against Israel, but i am very sure that the Holy Ghost of Israel ( God ) Neither sleeps not slumbers. I love Israel soo much that i wanted to visit that country once in my life.

the last three years of my life i moved a lot, so right now i am not so fan of travailing. but i am always dreaming of visiting France, Italy and Spain. i love being for at least a month in each country, and visit every city, in France i would like to go every where from alps mountains to Normandy. i think traveling to these three countries, will make me experience many types of people living, many cultures and most of all i can satisfy my passion in art.

Having travelled all over India only till now , my favorite place in India is Himalayas. They are just endless and one life is less to explore them fully. Our side India would want to see the Masai Mara and London :)

Having travelled all over India only till now , my favorite place in India is Himalayas.

That is so true.Himalayas and the ladakh region is the one even i wish to travel.The mountains and the Gangotri and the Mansarovar all look so amazing...Although i haven't seen it.I even want to travel Egypt and Italy.The world holds a lot of possibilities .I think one birth is will be small if u list the places to be visited.All the places hold something interesting to be seen at least once

I got a span of places and all consider my 'long term mood'.CyprusJust to kick back and enjoy the scenary. Breathe in the sweet atmosphere.BrazilThe feeling of enjoying the good traditional ways. Generaly the portuguese culture to me rocks.JamaicaGo to the part house and probably gain alot of life changing events such as the 'shottas' in the streets and visit the slums.AustraliaJust for the wild life.I know there is alot I got to see down there.

I love to visit the holy cities of Makkah and Madinah. They are the most peaceful areas in the world. Although, you'll have to be a Muslim to enter them.I also like Munich in Germany, especially in the Autumn season, when all the roads and paths are covered with brown, crunchy leaves. I like its museum too.I also like the northern areas of Pakistan a lot, especially those with a river or lake, like Kalam.From the place I have not yet gone to, I would like to visit Japan to see its neony high rise skyline.I will also like to visit a snowy area, like Siberia.Perhaps the plains of Switzerland will also make for a nice trip.

If I could travel absolutely anywhere, I would choose to go to Alaska. I don't really know what my fascination is with it but I've always wanted to go there.A second choice would be Hawaii.

We were discussing traveling about a week ago in the chat room and I mentioned that I had never been outside of the South (United States). Its great to see you guys talk about your love for different places across the world. Maybe while I am on college or afterward, ill have a chance to visit some of those great places such as Egypt, France, Italy, Spain, India and even other places within the United States. When I was in high school, there were trips organized to Europe, but the price was too high for my family to afford. Living in a single mother home, $2500 is simply not available to take a trip to Europe. I wouldn't even be so selfish to ask for something like that, when $2500 could be used towards college or something that is more important.

Yes, Egypt..I would love to see the pyramids but for now. I want to travel, all the beautiful places in our country (Philippines) because there are a lot before I go out of the country.