xisto Community
sheepdog

Posting Woes

Why is it I can read and post on Xisto just fine for a little while, but after a few posts every time I try to answer or even make a new post I get this error message:

Flood control is enabled on this board, please wait 15 seconds before replying or posting a new topic

I get this sometimes when I just try to read a message, and other times when I have already typed up a response. It’s getting pretty old, I am getting into my busy season and don’t have time to waste when I make a post and then can’t add it. Very annoying.

yea, i hear ya! i have experienced this problem too and it's VERY annoying. the only thing i can think of is the settings are set to a certain # of seconds before you are able to post again. this is to prevent spammers. but i have experienced this before when i hadn't posted in a while. i will actually get done writing my post. when i send it, i get the error. sometimes it wont even let me reply. i am used to it though:) i just take it with a grain of salt. nothing's ever perfect

Why is it I can read and post on Xisto just fine for a little while, but after a few posts every time I try to answer or even make a new post I get this error message:Flood control is enabled on this board, please wait 15 seconds before replying or posting a new topic
I get this sometimes when I just try to read a message, and other times when I have already typed up a response. Its getting pretty old, I am getting into my busy season and dont have time to waste when I make a post and then cant add it. Very annoying.

winter may be over, but the rainy season is upon us. i hate that worse although i LOVE the thunder storms. you work to hard. maybe try sticking with just the kennel....sheeeesh.

Thanks for replying, I at least feel better now knowing I'm not the only one. My computer is getting pretty rickety and I never know if it's just me or what. I really didn't think I was posting too fast. Not as slow as I type anyway. And sometimes I can post like crazy and not have any trouble, and other times I can't even make one reply. I'm not taking it as good as you, I have enough trouble finding time to get in here this time of year as it is. Kidding has started, soon it will be warm enough to start grooming, and then garden planting......I used to love spring, anymore I almost dread it. Ok, not really, at least it means winter is over!

Thanks for replying, I at least feel better now knowing I'm not the only one. My computer is getting pretty rickety and I never know if it's just me or what. I really didn't think I was posting too fast. Not as slow as I type anyway. And sometimes I can post like crazy and not have any trouble, and other times I can't even make one reply. I'm not taking it as good as you, I have enough trouble finding time to get in here this time of year as it is. Kidding has started, soon it will be warm enough to start grooming, and then garden planting......I used to love spring, anymore I almost dread it. Ok, not really, at least it means winter is over!

Yea it would appear that there is a big problem with Trap 17's time zones or time whatever its hard to explain maybe you guys can get a better understanding when I explain my problem. So sometimes after a shouting a bit in the shoutbox I get a error that tells me I must wait 1600 seconds to shout again. At first I disregard this error and I believe it will go away after a few seconds ( Like the normal 15 second or 5 / whatever much smaller amount that should have displayed ) but after trying to shout again it just displays like 1578 seconds. So I think that this problem relates with the one your talking about. Same thing with the shoutbox displaying the wrong times and also if some people are behind the clock enough their shouts are not even shown. Needs to be fixed.

Hmm.. I have never experienced this problem. To be honest, I never realized that there was a flood control on posting either. How about one of you guys PM's a Opaque or a super moderator so they can try to fix this issue.