xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
deadmad7

Ralph The Rabbit The Worlds Biggest Bunny

As the son of the world's biggest bunny, it was always likely that Ralph the rabbit was going to be a big buck.
But he has well and truly proved a chip off the old block after breaking the record set by his mother Amy - weighing in at more than three stone.

Ralph, a continental giant rabbit, is just 12 months old but already weighs more than Amy did before her death in 2009.

Owner Pauline Grant relies on handouts from neighbours to feed Ralph - who weighs more than an average three-year-old child and has already become too heavy for her to lift.

'He is just so big. You do not fully realise until you pick him up and he has quite the appetite,' she said.

'It really hits us in the pocket having to feed him but thankfully Ralph is so famous in the area people stop me in supermarkets and offer to fit the bill.'

'I have no idea how big he is going to get, it could be a ridiculous size but everyone loves him and he laps up the attention.'

Pauline is waiting on Guinness World Records to confirm Ralph as the biggest rabbit in the world after they changed their rules on measuring animals for size.

Ralph's dad Roberto is also a previous record holder for the world's biggest rabbit after weighting in at 35lb and measuring 3ft 1inches.

TV medium Derek Acorah, star of 'Most Haunted', visited Mrs Grant at her home in Sussex, believing the rabbit was 'possessed.'

'We are pretty sure our house is haunted by something or other, so Ralph went up to London with friends of ours to meet Derek Acorah,' Pauline said.

'They said it was pretty spooky and he had a good old chat with Ralph about the spirits in our house. He seemed to think Ralph was channelling the spirit of a ghoul.

'It sounds like a load of old nonsense but Ralph isn't your average rabbit.'

Read the article here

I got really surprised when i saw this, as i saw in the news last year about how the mother rabbit died from 'Stage fright', and i thought i should post it over here. Ralph is probably the biggest and most cute bunny i have ever seen! I hope he doesn't die young like his mother. What do you think about this?
Edited by deadmad7 (see edit history)

What do you think about this?

Well, you may not like my answer, but.....I think that would really make one fine Bar B Q!!! :angel:

Seriously, I still have some deep scratches not healed on the back of my hand I got from my rabbits last week while moving one to get her bred. Some folks think rabbits are cute, and make good pets, but to me they are a food animal. And a quite tasty one at that.

LOL, who would ever wanna eat some Rabbit BBQ! :angel: Makes me sick just thinking about it, even I who eats all kinds of meat from chicken to squid. And to top that off, you have a sheepdog as your username and avatar! :P

But, I do agree, rabbits can be aggressive sometimes, but who would ever want to hurt this one?

Posted Image

Well, you may not like my answer, but.....I think that would really make one fine Bar B Q!!! :D

Seriously, I still have some deep scratches not healed on the back of my hand I got from my rabbits last week while moving one to get her bred. Some folks think rabbits are cute, and make good pets, but to me they are a food animal. And a quite tasty one at that.

shame on you to promote are pets as food! haha you might as well talk about how good DOG is to eat since that is common to raise for food in other coutries.
AHS- don't let sheepdog near your puppy! haha now guinea pig is a whole other story. they eat those too in other countries. that's ok though because they are just UGLY! :angel:

Well, you may not like my answer, but.....I think that would really make one fine Bar B Q!!! :P

shame on you to promote are pets as food!

Ok, just for the record. Dogs are pets. Cats too, maybe. But bunnies, cute as they may look, are tasty food animals.
Funny how much difference there is in all the various cultures around the world. Lot's of different cultures eat dogs too, some consider them to be filth and vermin, and Americans nearly worship them. Strange eh? Guinea pigs? Food? Well, I don't know about that one. They aren't very big and it would take a lot of them to make a meal. And they are kinda cute, and not nearly as ill tempered and dangerous as a rabbit. The one I really can't figure out is not eating cows. Beef....it's what's for supper!

In this part of the world, rabits are good food for both animals and social animal aka human. Rabits in this part of the world are more of small size and are very aggressive as well. very less people use them as pets. so i guess that's what explains about them. besides i heard that rabits are too much into breeding so that is another negative point here. parakeets, cats. dogs and fish is what preferred here. By the way, just put cat and that rabit in one room and see the experssion made by cat. Lol. :angel: