xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
longtimeago

Adding A New Sub Forum In Trap17 By Name "vacation Note" what do you say ?

Here in Xisto many of us are stuck up here if we have nothing else to do. On the other hand at times when we are busy we spend least amount of time coming over here and reading the posts and everything. Now there might be situations where some one cannot come over to Xisto for a month or so. He might go for some training outside, or for some vacation. For example say, i need to leave for a 46 days training from next monday. In that case i wont be able to access Xisto and be active. In such a situation i just dont want to create an idea among people over here that i might have left Xisto once for all. In such a situation each one cannot be creating seperate topics under Real Life sub forum.If there was a sub forum by name "Vacation Note" Every one who are under situations as explained above can just leave a note over there. This may help people over here to get to know each other more and more and have a healthy relation between Trap users. If there was a sub forum like that, definetly it needs to be visible only to members and not to guests. People will be given an oppurtunity of expressing their vacation ideas and how long they are gonna go etc. By doing so they will keep other Trap members informed that they have not left Xisto once for all but they have gone out due to some work. And by doing so other Xisto members can give their suggestion on that particular vacation note if they are familiar with the area in which the note has been made. Eg. If i make a note that for next 46 days i am going for a training on Main Frames, so i wont get much time to be on Xisto. In such a case the one who is skilled in Main Frames will give me ideas on how to go about. Else if i leave a note like i am going to Goa(Tourist place in India) for 10 days, then the one who has visited Goa already can give his suggestion about how to go about and so on.So i personally find it worth that if something like a "Vacation Note" Sub forum is created in Xisto it might be benifitial for many users :)

Sections like Life Talk, Real Life Experiences, General Talk, Regional, or Holiday, Festivals, Vacations will be the place for posting such events. Looking at the forum and subforums you'll find just about all necessary sections for everything.

I feel this is nice idea. But like buffalohelp said, a member can make a topic about his vaccation anytime and anywhere. Other members interested in him can check his posts and find his vaccation post at the top as that would be the most recent post.This is a good suggestion. I will wait for others response.

I think this is good idea. Some people go to offline mode every one or 6 months. and many people need to do that in order to maintain with real life. ( :angel: as if many have offline life left after such online participation).Anyway, nice idea. this should be under life talk category i guess.