xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
rob86

Canadian Olympic Athletes Are Going To Hell

The dramatic topic title isn't my opinion, this was the general idea of an outrageous opinion piece I read in our local newspaper today. I couldn't believe it was even written, let alone published. Someone wrote in and said (I'm paraphrasing here not directly quoting, but it's pretty close and I kept the important words the same):

"I guess that proves Canada is a Pagan country, our skate team is now worshipping a pile of rocks, praying to the Inukshuk (the olympic symbol google it for more information), an object that doesn't talk, that doesn't hear, yadda yadda, instead of our Creator - God, hoping to win a medal. Should I now pray to my shovel, and hope my drive way is cleaned of snow? I don't wish the young, impressionable athletes any harm, but I pray that God has mercy on them for these AntiChrist beliefs.. I can't enjoy the olympics any longer, because of this. I thought Inukshuks were (historically) meant to show the way North, but it appears they are now guiding to the other place."

I found the opinion of this person very disturbing. Can you believe it? Because some Athletes are 'praying' to our olympic symbol, they're "impressionable" read: stupid people that God should have mercy on? How ridiculous is that? I highly doubt that the athletes are going to start sacrificing animals to win medals. I've played sports, and I've 'talked' to the ball in important moments, "Don't fail me now!" or whatever. Some people take stuff a little too seriously.

Notice from BuffaloHelp:
Use QUOTE bbcodes

yup i do agree that Idol worship is wrong, the Bible clearly instructs us not to do that, The Bible clearly tells us that we shall not make for ourself an idol, whether in the form of anything that is in heaven above, or that is on the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth. This is a commandment given to us. Here Canadians worship that Inukshuk, the olympic symbol ? Yeah it is definetly an idol worship. But on the other hand i want to add some thing along with this . In this world having an Inukshuk or any stone and bowing before that alone is not an Idol. Having anything in our heart which takes the place of God then it is an Idol !! Eg. at times for some his girl friend may be his idol because he has given place for her in the place of God. So Idol cannot be categorized to stones alone but also to things as mentioned above. But now in America i dont know why it is like that we openly call stars as Idols ? Is it for name, fame and popularity ?? I have come across this term "so and so is an American Idol" which means many worship him ?? because he is a star ?? Yeah America has no more stars, we call them Idols !

yup i do agree that Idol worship is wrong, the Bible clearly instructs us not to do that, The Bible clearly tells us that we shall not make for ourself an idol, whether in the form of anything that is in heaven above, or that is on the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth. This is a commandment given to us.
Here Canadians worship that Inukshuk, the olympic symbol ? Yeah it is definetly an idol worship. But on the other hand i want to add some thing along with this . In this world having an Inukshuk or any stone and bowing before that alone is not an Idol. Having anything in our heart which takes the place of God then it is an Idol !! Eg. at times for some his girl friend may be his idol because he has given place for her in the place of God. So Idol cannot be categorized to stones alone but also to things as mentioned above.

But now in America i dont know why it is like that we openly call stars as Idols ? Is it for name, fame and popularity ?? I have come across this term "so and so is an American Idol" which means many worship him ?? because he is a star ?? Yeah America has no more stars, we call them Idols !

Speak for yourself Nirmal, this isn't a freakin' 'Christian section' its the 'Spirituality section' , so its ALL religions and just christian. But anyway thats the topic i don;t like one bit, the newspaper is just making up something to make us all hate the Canadians or something! Seeing is believing !