xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
manish-mohania

Save Tigers In India Discusses how we can save tigers in India

Hi,Recently, there are lots of advertisements in media about the number of Tigers left in India. There are only 1140 tigers left in India. The rate at which we are using our natural resources, it seems as if everything is in danger - land, water, air, petrol ... . The list is endless.When I see from my point of view; I feel helpless and feel I can do nothing. These tigers live in forests. How can an ordinary citizen living in capital city protect tigers ? I may not even see a real tiger in my entire life. What is the point of these advertisements ? Are not they wasting money on these ads. Why do we give money in the hands of the government, just to waste away on ads each year. What are they doing to protect these tigers ? I certainly am angry and every Indian should be; Tiger is our national animal.If anybody knows; what I can do to save our tigers, I would be very happy to know. Please, share your views/suggestion.

I too saw the same advertisement which you have seen. It is from AIRCEL service provider. They are campaigning on saving Tigers. Mostly tigers are hunted for their skin. So dont go for any products made out of tiger skin, like jackets etc. But i dont think that alone will really help to save the tigers . There has to be some other way more that that. So im also looking out for the same :)

Well there is lot of talk about save this and that. But how can we're going to save tigers just by awareness . We live in country where celebs and politicians kill animals in jungle and easily get away with it. They even get awards despite of such actions from them. So what's the point in awareness. People are not crazy these days to hunt animals and getting screwed with government. People who have upper hand from government,money and power are the one's left who want tiger skin, or want to hunt the tiger. I'm yet to come across any tribe in india which hunts tigers for food(unless those people funded by businessman for tiger skins, bones).

Well, here is what we do in the good old USA.First off, the government sets aside gazillions of dollars to study the tiger situation. They pay for numerous reasearch groups to study life cycles, climate change, habitat availablity, disease problems, tiger reproduction, parasites that plague tigers, preditor problems that effect tigers, food resourses available to feed the tigers, and probably a few dozen others, then they put tigers on the endangered species list, and then, if all the tigers have not died out while congress was screwing around, next thing you know, they are rebounding as a species, killing people again, and have to be removed from the endangered species list so people can once again start to harvest them to keep them from killing us. Don't ya just love government intervention? :)

@sheepdog

ya, me love'ng it ... :)

@mahesh2k

It is sad, people who have power and money, do such things even when they know its repurcusions; just for fun and entertainment. We need to raise not just awareness but consciousness as well. We are "humans" - there are better ways to express that.

@nirmaldaniel

I got to know that they have a blog site as well supporting this campaign. Well, good to know that there are people who care about their surroundings. At the very least we can grow more trees around us. It may not help those endangered tigers ... but still ... :D

Cheers !!! We are not alone.

City-dweller sure can do their part in saving tigers. If every city-dwellers stop buying products made out of tigers, ie, coat, meat, gall, penis even, then the demand will drop. There will be less incentives for the poachers. As for the government intervention, thou I am a big fan, I have to admit, that sometimes, people need law and order to be in place before heeding the "advises".

strength of a tigerSave Tigers In India

I would like to say that tiger is in our nature and they give us the strength to fight we always say tiger have strength courage and knowledgeand they and defat any  body .

-feedback by saket gupta