xisto Community
Nelson Blogs

Thinking About Life/etc. Outside The Solar System Is it possible?

Let us enter my fantasy world for a few minutes.? Let think about what lies beyond the solar system right now.? Let us not think about hate comments after reading this.? Think about these following questions in your head.? After the questions, I will give my own opinion about each of the questions.? :) Do you believe in life existing beyond our solar system?? I believe that there is life that is found in other solar systems.? The universe is a pretty large and I bet that there are tons of different life forms everywhere.? Some are probably thinking the same questions that we are thinking.? Maybe some of the other life forms have discovered each other. How intelligent do you think the life forms are? Do you think that they are smarter or dumber?? I believe that some life can be smarter than us humans but most of the other life forms are probably dumb.? As in dumb, I mean illiterate, ignorant, etc.? Sort of like sheep.? Maybe some life forms out there have developed technology that you have seen in Star Trek or something.? What if someone is looking at Planet Earth through some advanced telescope? Do you think that someday, we will be able to meet some other life forms?? I do not think that we will be able to encounter them in this generation but maybe in later generations.? They may not greet us nicely.? They might throw a full invasion on us unexpectedly or have them wipe us out in a few seconds.? Maybe someday, a UFO will come falling down and see one of these.? Do you believe that humans will ever befriend any of these life forms? Do you think that humans will be able to inhabit other planets such as Venus or Mars?? Sooner or later, the human population will grow so much that the Earth will not provide enough space for the population.? The human population is growing exponentially whether we know it or not.? Around 1750, the Earth had about one billion people on this earth.? By the year 2050, we expect to have around ten billion humans walking around everywhere.? We are also depleting our resources rapidly. Do you think that humans could develop some type of device to generate resources? How big could other life forms be?? Could they be as large as dinosaurs or small like flies?? What if those life forms were even larger than dinosaurs? Do you think that there are such things as wormholes that can make space travel faster?? I bet that it would be extremely dangerous.? Do you think that wormholes could provide ways of time travel?? There may be such thing as a fourth dimension.? Possibly a fifth or sixth.? The universe is extremely big.? The universe measures billions/trillions of light years.? Maybe the universe is infinite.? Who knows?? Could there be no end to the universe?? We live in the Milky Way galaxy.? The milky way galaxy is extremely large and could take light 100,000 years to travel through it.? The solar system is a microscopic spec when looking at the milky way.? Also, there are millions and trillions of galaxies existing throughout the universe. I want to hear your ideas on this subject.? What do you think about this.? Do you think any of this is possible?? Do you think I am crazy?

I think it's possible for life to exist beyond our solar system. As for intelligent life, I have some doubts and if there is, it might have already exist millions of years ago or will exist millions of years ahead. These are questions that will take several lifetimes to answer.

How intelligent do you think the life forms are? Do you think that they are smarter or dumber?

I hope they'll be more intelligent that we are. They'll visit us and teach us what they know. I don't believe an intelligent extra-terrestrial civilization would want to conquer us and destroy earth, as dumb as we might be to them, we're still a 1 in a trillions of trillions of possibilities.

Do you think that there are such things as wormholes that can make space travel faster? I bet that it would be extremely dangerous. Do you think that wormholes could provide ways of time travel? There may be such thing as a fourth dimension. Possibly a fifth or sixth.

According to physicists, there are 11 dimensions..4 of which we can perceive.. 1. Up and Down 2. Left and Right 3. Forward and Backward 4. Time. The other 7 are so small we can don't feel their presence. If by dimension you're referring to other universes, a new Physics theory suggests the existence of other universes just right beside our own, this is M-theory. Which makes the space not the "new frontier" anymore. The other dimensions are now the new frontier.

Do you think any of this is possible? Do you think I am crazy?

Anything is now possible. We may just not live to see any of them. Don't worry, we're all crazy that makes everyone of us normal. :angel:

This probably isn't as technical as your theories but I do believe that there is more intelligent life in the universe, possibly even in our galaxy. However, I don't think that we will ever be visited by it, at least not in the near future.

Do you believe in life existing beyond our solar system? I believe that there is life that is found in other solar systems. The universe is a pretty large and I bet that there are tons of different life forms everywhere. Some are probably thinking the same questions that we are thinking. Maybe some of the other life forms have discovered each other.

sounds like MIB. But yes, God can make more planets like earth and knows our limits. After all, he thought about TIME before us and made us with a natural clock inbuilt.

How intelligent do you think the life forms are? Do you think that they are smarter or dumber? I believe that some life can be smarter than us humans but most of the other life forms are probably dumb. As in dumb, I mean illiterate, ignorant, etc. Sort of like sheep. Maybe some life forms out there have developed technology that you have seen in Star Trek or something. What if someone is looking at Planet Earth through some advanced telescope?

Possible.

Do you think that someday, we will be able to meet some other life forms? I do not think that we will be able to encounter them in this generation but maybe in later generations. They may not greet us nicely. They might throw a full invasion on us unexpectedly or have them wipe us out in a few seconds. Maybe someday, a UFO will come falling down and see one of these. Do you believe that humans will ever befriend any of these life forms?

May be some humans have already met aliens and agreed to keep their visit a SECRET. who knows? lol.

Do you think that humans will be able to inhabit other planets such as Venus or Mars? Sooner or later, the human population will grow so much that the Earth will not provide enough space for the population. The human population is growing exponentially whether we know it or not. Around 1750, the Earth had about one billion people on this earth. By the year 2050, we expect to have around ten billion humans walking around everywhere. We are also depleting our resources rapidly. Do you think that humans could develop some type of device to generate resources?

Humans have always proved to be smart. They will take care of themselves.

How big could other life forms be? Could they be as large as dinosaurs or small like flies? What if those life forms were even larger than dinosaurs?

This purely depends on the SIZE of the Planet and the number of Animals living on it.

Do you think that there are such things as wormholes that can make space travel faster? I bet that it would be extremely dangerous. Do you think that wormholes could provide ways of time travel? There may be such thing as a fourth dimension. Possibly a fifth or sixth.

This is Possible, but what if WORMHOLES are only ONE way travel. and you need technologies like TELEPATHY to deliver messages once your friend is across the other world.

dDo you believe in life existing beyond our solar system?

I dont believe that life exists in other planets. Since i am NoT an Atheist and i am into Christian belief, Biblically there is no other planets other than earth that has life. But if i take you question in a broader sense, then outside earth there is life in one place , thats "Heaven". The Heaven is filled with God's presence and His Glory, so there is fullness of Life there . Still you cant say Heaven is another planet.

From Wikipedia :

The Universe is very large and possibly infinite in volume; the observable matter is spread over a space at least 92 billion light years across.[17] For comparison, the diameter of a typicalgalaxy is only 30,000 light-years, and the typical distance between two neighboring galaxies is only 3 million light-years.[18] As an example, our Milky Way Galaxy is roughly 100,000 light years in diameter,[19] and our nearest sister galaxy, the Andromeda Galaxy, is located roughly 2.5 million light years away.[20] There are probably more than 100 billion (1011)galaxies in the observable universe.[21] Typical galaxies range from dwarfs with as few as ten million[22] (107) stars up to giants with one trillion[23] (1012) stars, all orbiting the galaxy's center of mass. Thus, a very rough estimate from these numbers would suggest there are around one sextillion (1021) stars in the observable universe; though a 2003 study by Australian National University astronomers resulted in a figure of 70 sextillion (7 x 1022)[24].

now from the last line the no of stars are (7 x 1022) and hence the probablity of life existing only on earth is inverse of it which would be around 10-22 which is a very very low number. Going by this mathematical logic , clearly we have a probablity of life existing only on earth very very verryyyyyy small. why does one want to think that only on earth life exists ?? what special status does earth have it merits life only on earth ??

I'm pretty neutral on this one. life is possible to exist if we think about it, we are like a pice of a dust particle in the sahara desert!If life is there then if they are to find out about our existence first then it would seem as if they are the most advanced or the y could be just lucky.It's also possible for use to find out about them first, which means we might be lucky or superior than them.Another point is communication, lets say we communicate differently(they cant understand our frequency of speech), to presume if they use sound.they may even use their brains to communicate through thought or they can communicate with their body, lets say a twitch of the muscle.Another point is hierachy, they can see us as an ant or even a god. it all depends.Another thing is this existence of life on other planets is based on hollywood. they are the ones who started all this. no offence but to an extent i don't believe it. to the otherextent the universe is so big existence of other life form is very possible. I would give it a 90%.truth is all we can do right now is rely on the faith side of life. this topic to me is very long and tiering.

I grew up watching shows like Star Trek, so not only do I think it is possible, I am reasonably sure there probably is other life out there. It seems almost normal to me to accept it as fact. Hopefully not Klingons, as they would most likely come here and kick our butts! :D I don't know how anyone could look up at the night sky and see the millions of stars and ever be so concieted to believe that our earth is the only one with life on it. What is out there we can only imagine, but I'm sure there is something. Maybe smarter than us, maybe not, maybe even more people just like us. I'm not real sure on the worm hole thing. It has become a popular theme for lots of Sci Fi shows. Since there has to be a way to get a lot farther out of our own solar system in a manner that would not take a humans entire life time, hopefully they do exist, or hopefully we will some day discover some way to explore much farther away areas of our galaxy. I do hope I live long enough to see it too.

I believe that it is pretty possible that life could exist anywhere else even if they are microscopic. Earth is like nothing compared to the size of the universe so it is very possible that life can be found on other planets.

I'm not real sure on the worm hole thing. It has become a popular theme for lots of Sci Fi shows. Since there has to be a way to get a lot farther out of our own solar system in a manner that would not take a humans entire life time, hopefully they do exist, or hopefully we will some day discover some way to explore much farther away areas of our galaxy.

I do hope I live long enough to see it too.

I took a quick look at wormholes at wikipedia and maybe they aren't that much of a fantasy. It seems like a very logical (and very possible) theory. Who knows? I bet there is stuff out there that we cannot even begin to grasp. Anyways, if wormholes did exist, I would like to know more on how they worked. I doubt that it would be possible to enter one way and come out alive anyway. It looks kind of dangerous if there was such thing. Imagine traveling through a tunnel at superluminal speed (faster than light).

By the way, it could be also possible that if you lived long enough to see it but at that time, it could be possible that you wished you'd never see it. :)

By the way, it could be also possible that if you lived long enough to see it but at that time, it could be possible that you wished you'd never see it.

Yea, it would be just about my luck that the aliens would look like big hairy spiders and their favorite snack food would be dogs, and when I ran out of ammo, I'd be the first to go.

I think that there are a lot of possible other types of life in all the universe but we maybe dont have to lose our time thinking of that. First of all the humans are destinated to be destroyed by ourselves because we are hurting the only planet where we can live with all the pollution and all the oil like in Mexico Gulf, the life in another planet is possible and more than possible maybe is unrefutable but maybe in another galaxies or solar system the life maybe is not smartest than us. If there are aliens who are coming to the earth is doubtful because for the nature maybe all the types of life like the destruction and maybe they can come to destroy us not to help us like a lot who believe that in the area 51 the aliens are making conpirations with the US goverment.The another question maybe more interesting is how close we have these types of foreign life in the world maybe in all the solar system have to be another piece of life maybe in Mars where some type of life can be living...These questions are completely logical but until this time they don?t have any answer....

Humans created synthetic life and that way there is chance of life on other planet as well. Keeping deluded religious books and their circular logic offensive statements, we can easily see through things that there is big chance of life outside this solar system. Why i'm discarding that ? Because unless you manipulate religious texts, all point to thing that life only exist on this planet. While some people may manipulate texts and can say wildly about god created time(lol, cause time could be different in space and on earth). Let's keep deluded religious thinking aside.This doesn't mean i go with line of thinking that says UFO abductions, visits etc. I see very slim chances of UFO visiting this planet. I'm more of opinion that other species in universe are made up of entirely different chemical composition. Not only that their capacity of manipulating information and implementing will differ as well. Who knows they could be less intelligent than us or they could be more smarter than us. Few more things about other universe : how many life forms are living without oxygen ? how many life forms can't survive in oxygen etc. This is counter thinking cause we're type of people who think that life should be like us which is where our thinking is stagnated. We always think that aliens are supposed to be carbon based life forms which is wrong way of approaching it. That's why i think always avoid religious input to such topics. Like this we can come up with various assumptions about life in the universe. We've managed to find a lot of evidence of "abiogenesis" and like that this will differ a lot for other planets. One more point is how close we are with those planets or solar system. I think we didn't managed to get a system working for faster space travel. Because of this reason i think there is no way to find out how close we are to other planets or species. So best this thing our generation to think about terraform and fast traveling mechanism in space.

Let us enter my fantasy world for a few minutes.  Let think about what lies beyond the solar system right now.  Let us not think about hate comments after reading this.  Think about these following questions in your head.  After the questions, I will give my own opinion about each of the questions.  :)
Do you believe in life existing beyond our solar system?  I believe that there is life that is found in other solar systems.  The universe is a pretty large and I bet that there are tons of different life forms everywhere.  Some are probably thinking the same questions that we are thinking.  Maybe some of the other life forms have discovered each other.

How intelligent do you think the life forms are? Do you think that they are smarter or dumber?  I believe that some life can be smarter than us humans but most of the other life forms are probably dumb.  As in dumb, I mean illiterate, ignorant, etc.  Sort of like sheep.  Maybe some life forms out there have developed technology that you have seen in Star Trek or something.  What if someone is looking at Planet Earth through some advanced telescope?

Do you think that someday, we will be able to meet some other life forms?  I do not think that we will be able to encounter them in this generation but maybe in later generations.  They may not greet us nicely.  They might throw a full invasion on us unexpectedly or have them wipe us out in a few seconds.  Maybe someday, a UFO will come falling down and see one of these.  Do you believe that humans will ever befriend any of these life forms?

Do you think that humans will be able to inhabit other planets such as Venus or Mars?  Sooner or later, the human population will grow so much that the Earth will not provide enough space for the population.  The human population is growing exponentially whether we know it or not.  Around 1750, the Earth had about one billion people on this earth.  By the year 2050, we expect to have around ten billion humans walking around everywhere.  We are also depleting our resources rapidly. Do you think that humans could develop some type of device to generate resources?

How big could other life forms be?  Could they be as large as dinosaurs or small like flies?  What if those life forms were even larger than dinosaurs?

Do you think that there are such things as wormholes that can make space travel faster?  I bet that it would be extremely dangerous.  Do you think that wormholes could provide ways of time travel?  There may be such thing as a fourth dimension.  Possibly a fifth or sixth. 

The universe is extremely big.  The universe measures billions/trillions of light years.  Maybe the universe is infinite.  Who knows?  Could there be no end to the universe?  We live in the Milky Way galaxy.  The milky way galaxy is extremely large and could take light 100,000 years to travel through it.  The solar system is a microscopic spec when looking at the milky way.  Also, there are millions and trillions of galaxies existing throughout the universe.

I want to hear your ideas on this subject.  What do you think about this.  Do you think any of this is possible?  Do you think I am crazy?

I am absolutely certain that life exists elsewhere in the universe. But, to give it a slightly different view, I dont know if they'll be on planets. They might be on satelites. They might be in raw space. We never know. We are making too many assumptions by comparing other life forms to us. We assume they'll be on some extreme. Either that they'll look exactly the way we do, or that they are little green monsters and the like. My perspective is that we have absolutely no perspective. Like someone mentioned, the universe is so huge that we can be absolutely certain about life existing elsewhere. Put in also the dimension of time, and you get a much bigger number. Basically a probability of 1/ (Infinity(space) * Infinity(time)). For the question of whether we'll ever make contact with alien life forms, I think the answer is no. This is because I do not expect any life forms in a distance that we are capable of perceiving in the near future, and we will be extinct by the time we get that technologically advanced. I believe any life form that evolves will get extinct at some point or other, probably by killing themselves or because of natural events and not have an infinite technological advancement. The only way in which life forms from two different planets have met is if they happen to be very close in space, say like mars for us. While I agree that is not an impossibility, this will reduce the number of alien species contacts in the universe by a very huge number making it a single or double digit number in my opinion. But I do agree that there is a very slight chance that alien contact has already been made in earth and a handful of people know about it. Lets see. In case we ever get lucky enough to meet them, say a "Hi" :)

Do you believe in life existing beyond our solar system?

Yes, I believe in life beyond our solar system. I doubt them being humanoid, but maybe some plant-like, gooey stuff. :)

How intelligent do you think the life forms are? Do you think that they are smarter or dumber?

Humans are the smartest species, according to me and my religion (Islam).

Do you think that someday, we will be able to meet some other life forms?

If humans can invent practical space travel methods, who knows what we'll find.

Do you think that humans will be able to inhabit other planets such as Venus or Mars?

I doubt that. Even with great power sources like nuclear power, it would be very hard to get things going on those 'space colonies'.
And having a natural habitat would not really be possible, at least not with the current technology.

How big could other life forms be?  Could they be as large as dinosaurs or small like flies?  What if those life forms were even larger than dinosaurs?

Way bigger than us. Considering that some stars a lot bigger than our sun, the species on their planets might be bigger too.

Do you think that there are such things as wormholes that can make space travel faster?

Doubt it. If you consider the science behind matter, it doesn't seem very possible.

The universe is extremely big.  The universe measures billions/trillions of light years.  Maybe the universe is infinite.  Who knows?  Could there be no end to the universe?

There is still a limit to our understanding of the universe.

P.S. Just my opinion. :)