xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
rob86

The Spy Next Door Jackie Chan movie

Wow. I can't believe how bad this movie (Spy Next Door) was. Jackie Chan is one of my favourite actors and I've seen almost every movie he's been in and Spy Next Door could definitely be the worst by far. I can't see how this movie could be good on any level. It's a family movie, but that doesn't mean it has to be completely lame. I don't think there was anything memorable worth repeating, except Chan saying Frankenstein when he tries on masks and the woman looking at him like he's an idiot. It's not that funny, but it's better than the rest of the film which is complete garbage. This is the first time I ever saw Billie Ray Cyrus act in a movie, and I hope it's the last. Is the only reason he is an actor because his daughter is a star? Embarassingly bad movie, that's about the only way I can sum this up. I can't imagine what Chan did to deserve his last years of acting to be so anti-climactic. He starred in so many popular movies, he's an international superstar loaded with talent, and he's starring in trash like this. Most of the American films he stars in are below the high standards he set in HK but they're at least somewhat entertaining. I don't know what Jackie Chan is thinking when he agrees to make movies like this. I guess he's probably thinking about money! He used to do death defying stunts and get paid a fraction of what he does in the US. Surely, there must be some role for him that's worthy of such a legendary star though. He's capable of drama (barely) but I don't think Americans know how to direct him or something. A side note, Jackie Chan is doing a musical about his life. He sure is an experimental guy, you gotta give him that.

Yea the second I saw commercials for that I already knew it was going to be crap. Jackie Chan is also one of my most favorite actors. Hes badass and hilarious at the same time! I would really want to see a 4th Rush Hour. Not meaning to go off topic but for you Rush Hour fans I heard some talk about the director of Rush Hour 3 saying they might replace JACKIE WITH SOMEONE ELSE!!!!!! I think that's stupid. Anyways I cannot believe Jackie even bothered to do this movie. If I was him I would of been like HEEEEELL NO! IF he was some crappy actor well I wouldn't even be replying but hes Jackie Chan for christ sake. He has so much talent and acting skills. He better star in another movie quick because if he was to end his career in this crap I would cry.

i was never a big fan of jackie chan movie. i have seen him on a couple talk shows though and he is a very funny, interesting and overall nice guy.i LOVED shanghai noon though. and i can deal with him in rush hour. other than that, i tend to avoid his movies....

I wasn't a fan of him until a few years ago, what I like most about his movies is that they are very much like the old slapstick comedy of the three stooges combined with amazing stunts. It was his stuff that introduced me to Chinese films in general, which seem to be the kind of thing I like. Silly fast paced comedy. His HK films are usually low on plot and high on action and silliness. You really have to watch his chinese films to see why he's so famous world wide (without english dubs.. it's too weird to hear a bunch of chinese guys yelling at eachother in deep british accents). His stunts are really impressive in his early days, when he was trying to make a name for himself.If you really like Jackie Chan Zagubadu, you should watch his older films and check out some films by Sammo Hung too.. he's a legend of a director and actor. Once you get past the whole reading subtitle thing, you can enjoy the movie. There's something I noticed about the subs in chinese movies, the characters often say "Bad!" which seems to be a nice way to say "SH!T!" or something, but it's really weird when they're like - "Bad! My arm is cut off!" "Bad, we're dying!" The weird translations kind of add to the charm though..Some of Jackie Chan's best movies are Drunken Master 2 (and 1 but 2 is popular), the Police Story series, Winners and Sinners, Armor of God, well heck, there's a whole lot of them. The Rush Hour series is way down in the favourite list for me. It was probably the film that introduced me to him, and I liked it at the time, but it doesn`t compare to others. Films to avoid (unless you insist on seeing every film) are Rob B Hood and ARound the world in 80 days. Rob B Hood is one of those `Tough guy takes care of lost baby`stories and Around the World is a lame re-make of the classic. Both are ten times better than Spy Next Door though.

It is almost a given to have a film starring Jackie Chan over the Lunar New Year. It is as such since I am a small kid. But I have to add that ever since he had decided to venture into Hollywood, his movies are getting crappier. I would prefer any of his pre-hollywood movies.

Ok, I tooke my niece to see The Spy Next Door and as a fan of Jackie Chan myself, I wanted to see it. Some people hates the idea of seeing Jackie in a kids movie, to be honest I think his movies are for kids because he makes people laugh and has moderate violence which I enjoy. J...( read more)ackie is a charismatic actor more than the most of actors that I know, last year he made a violent dramatic film called Shinjuku Incident and now he plays like a father character in this one. Anyway, I don't want to spoil the movie, it's a hilarious movie, and those who criticized Jackie for be in a kid movie are fan-boys expecting Jackie Chan to fight in Drunken Master III or Police Story 6 or Project A III, etc...