xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Profaris

Satanism bring the satanism spirit out of you here

Satanism comprises a number of related beliefs and social phenomena. They share the feature of symbolism, veneration or admiration of Satan (or similar figures). Generally, those Satanists who believe in the Judeo-Christian concept of Satan are linked into the belief system of today's Judeo-Christian religion, as they believe in the same theology presented in the Hebrew bible. Satan, also called Lucifer in many Christian religions, first appeared in the Hebrew Bible and was an Angel who challenged the religious faith of humans and the rule of Yahweh. In the Book of Job he is called "the Satan" (meaning "the accuser") and acted as the prosecutor in God's court. A character named "Satan" was described as the cosmic enemy of the Lord and temptor of Jesus within many of the Gospels of early Christians. It was further developed in scope and power as the bringer of Armageddon and Apocalypse as featured within the Book of Revelation. Religions inspired by these texts (Jews, Christians and Muslims) typically regarded Satan as an adversary or enemy, but extensive popular redactions and recompositions of biblical tales inserted its presence and influence into every aspect of adversarial role back to the Creation and Fall. By Christians and Muslims especially, the figure of Satan was treated variously as a rebellious or jealous competitor to human beings, to Jesus, or to the Lord, and characterized as a fallen angel or demon ruling the penitential Underworld, chained in a deep pit, wandering the planet vying for souls or providing the impetus for all worldly travesty. At points during the development of the Christian religion, Satan became its outspoken enemy, and this served the interests of all those who would use this to their advantage, inclusive of those who fashioned or recomposed the mythos of Satanism. Additionally, particularly after the European Enlightenment, some works, such as Paradise Lost, were taken up by Romantics and described as presenting the Biblical Satan as an allegory representing a crisis of faith, individualism, free will, wisdom and enlightenment. Those works actually featuring Satan as a heroic character are fewer in number but do exist: George Bernard Shaw and Mark Twain being two authors whose works include this prior to the pen being taken up by religious Satanists. Anti-witchcraft laws such as the British Witchcraft Act 1735 (not repealed until 1951), reflected public sentiment against witchcraft and Satanism. Although Religious Satanism began in 1966 with the founding of the Church of Satan, there was also a late seventeenth century French moral panic against alleged satanism during the Poison Affair (1675-1682), which occurred during the reign of Louis XIV and dealt with accusations of widespread poisonings, infanticide and forgery, presided over by an alleged satanic social network, which had no actual substance but reflected the aforementioned pre-Enlightenment popular religious anxieties Modern Satanist groups (those which appeared after the 1960s) are widely diverse, but two major trends which can be seen are Theistic Satanism and Atheistic Satanism. Theistic Satanists venerate Satan as a supernatural deity. In contrast, Atheistic Satanists consider themselves atheists and regard Satan as merely symbolic of certain human traits. This categorization of Satanism (which could be categorized in other ways, for example "Traditional" versus "Modern"), is not necessarily adopted by Satanists themselves, who usually would not specify which type of Satanism they adhere to. Some Satanists believe in God in the sense of a Prime Mover but, like Atheistic Satanists, still worship themselves, due to the deist belief that God plays no part in mortal lives. Each "type" of Satanist will usually refer to themselves only as a "Satanist" Theistic Satanism Theistic Satanism (also known as Spiritual or Traditional Satanism) is the worship or reverence of Satan as a deity. It comprises several viewpoints, and typically includes a belief in magic, which is manipulated through various rituals. It may also include the usage of meditation and self expansion. Traditional Satanists will often find inspiration from older sources (preceding the Satanic Bible of the 1960s), such the 1862 book Satanism and Witchcraft. Luciferianism Luciferianism can be understood best as a belief system or intellectual creed that venerates the essential and inherent characteristics that are affixed and commonly given to Lucifer. Luciferianism is forever identified by some people as an auxiliary creed or movement of Satanism, due to the common identification of Lucifer with Satan or other of its wide-called names . Some Luciferians accept this identification and/or consider Lucifer as the light bearer and illuminated aspect of Satan, giving them the name of Satanists and the right to bear the title. Others reject it, giving the argument that Lucifer is a more positive and easy-going ideal than Satan. They are inspired by the ancient myths of Egypt, Rome and Greece, Gnosticism and traditional Western occultism. Palladists Palladists is a name for an alleged Theistic Satanism society or member of that society. The name Palladian comes from Pallas and refers to wisdom and learning. It is of no relation to the palladian style of Andrea Palladio. LaVeyan Satanism LaVeyan Satanism is a religion founded in 1966 by Anton Szandor LaVey. Its teachings are based on individualism, self-indulgence, and "eye for an eye" morality. Unlike Theistic Satanists, LaVeyan Satanists are atheists and agnostics who regard Satan as a symbol of man's inherent nature. According to religioustolerance.org, LaVeyan Satanism is a "small religious group that is unrelated to any other faith, and whose members feel free to satisfy their urges responsibly, exhibit kindness to their friends, and attack their enemies".Its beliefs were first detailed in The Satanic Bible and it is overseen by the Church of Satan. Symbolic Satanism Symbolic Satanism (sometimes called Modern Satanism) is the observance and practice of Satanic religious beliefs, philosophies, customs and rituals. In this interpretation of Satanism, the Satanist does not worship Satan in the theistic sense, but is an adversary to all spiritual creeds and religions, espousing hedonism, materialism, Randian Objectivism, antinomianism, rational egoism, suitheism, individualism, Nietzschean and some Crowleyan philosophy and anti-theism. The Church of Satan The Church of Satan is an organization dedicated to the acceptance of the carnal self, as articulated in The Satanic Bible, written in 1969 by Anton Szandor LaVey. First Satanic Church The First Satanic Church was re-founded on October 31, 1999 by Karla LaVey to carry on the legacy of her father, Anton LaVey, author of The Satanic Bible. On Walpurgisnacht, April 30, 1966, Anton LaVey founded the "The Satanic Church" (which he would later rename "Church of Satan"). After his death in 1997 the Church of Satan was taken over by a new administration and its headquarters was moved to New York. LaVey's daughter, the High Priestess Karla LaVey, felt this to be a disservice to her father's legacy. Ms. LaVey re-founded the Satanic Church and continues to run it out of San Francisco, California, much in the same way as her father had run the organization when he was alive. [edit] Temple of Set Main article: Temple of Set The Temple of Set is an initiatory occult society claiming to be the world's leading left-hand path religious organization. It was established in 1975 by Michael A. Aquino and certain members of the priesthood of the Church of Satan, who left because of administrative and philosophical disagreements. The philosophy of the Temple of Set may be summed up as "enlightened individualism" – enhancement and improvement of oneself by personal education, experiment, and initiation. This process is necessarily different and distinctive for each individual. Some people who are not members of the Temple of Set find spiritual inspiration in the Egyptian god Set, and may share some beliefs with the organization. The belief system in general is referred to as Setianism. Setianism, in theory, is similar to theistic Satanism. The principle adored deity of Setianism is the ancient Egyptian god Set, or Seth, the god of adversary. Set supposedly is the Dark Lord behind the Hebrew entity Satan. Set is worshipped by his followers through the ritual of the Black Flame. [edit] Order of Nine Angles Main article: Order of Nine Angles The Order of Nine Angles (ONA) is a purported secretive Satanist organization which has been mentioned in books detailing fascist Satanism. They were initially formed in the United Kingdom and rose to public note during the 1980s and 1990s. Presently, the ONA is organized around clandestine cells (which it calls traditional nexions) and around what it calls sinister tribes.

This is the wikipedia version of satanism its the most sincetific version of satanism i found . There are much more other versions . I'm a spiritual satanism , i made my ritual and meditate every day and i can say that my life improved i see thing more cleary and difrent but no spirit contact me yet :D What is your satanism experience :)?
Notice from rvalkass:
Anything copied must have Quote tags placed around it.

Please dont copy and paste without using the QUOTE tags. Thanks!

RE: Satanism, it isnt actually the worship of Satan or any other god or devil.

Satanism under the church of satan (COS) has nothing at all to do with christians, jews, muslims, satan, god, demons etc.... And only some satanists believe in the ideas of spirits etc...

Satanism as a name was chosen to get publicity and not because it represents the beliefs of satanists.

I am afraid to say that there are many narrow minded people here, and no doubt we are both about to be met with an onslaught of "youre going to hell" *shrugs* so be it... Here are the Satanic "commandments" from the COS website:

1. Satan represents indulgence instead of abstinence!
2. Satan represents vital existence instead of spiritual pipe dreams!

3. Satan represents undefiled wisdom instead of hypocritical self-deceit!

4. Satan represents kindness to those who deserve it instead of love wasted on ingrates!

5. Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek!

6. Satan represents responsibility to the responsible instead of concern for psychic vampires!

7. Satan represents man as just another animal, sometimes better, more often worse than those that walk on all-fours, who, because of his divine spiritual and intellectual development, has become the most vicious animal of all!

8. Satan represents all of the so-called sins, as they all lead to physical, mental, or emotional gratification!

9. Satan has been the best friend the Church has ever had, as He has kept it in business all these years!

See how they use the term "satan" to represent things that society generally frowns upon, such as sex for pleasure and outside of marriage, loving and caring for only those who do so back and not wasting your energy and time on fools who do not appreciate or acknowledge it, vengeance instead of turning the other cheek, EG as i have read elsewhere before: "If you are walking in the park and a man bothers you, ask him to stop. If he does not, destroy him." (roughly anyway)

So satanism isnt inherently evil, it is however selfish as it stands for putting yourself above others, which morally is not "good" however from a happiness/survival point of view it is right.

There may however be other branches of "satanism" that detach themselves from the COS.

basically, the church of satan teaches it's followers to worship ones own self instead of any "god".also, there is a huge misleading agenda that the founders followed to mislead their followers. they used trickery and deception. on the surface, the religion and beliefs don't seem so bad....but that is the surfacy crap to lure the innocent. there is a deeper belief, unwritten rules, and hidden agendas that some followers are still blind to, and most wont talk about it or they will lose the majority of their fellowship.i wouldn't believe ANYONE who believes in satanism or belongs to the church of satan. either they are too stupid to know any better, or they do know better and are in to things that are unimaginable.church of satin brought satanism to a new age. they publicly admit that they don't trust anyone who is not a member of the church of satan. which reinforces what i said earlier. they don't want their true beliefs known.anyway, whatever....i think the religion has something to offer, but for me....offers VERY little. also, there are people claiming to be satanists or belong to the church of satan. i just don't trust them either because their whole TRUE religion and it's members are hidden from the general public.

Aye, i dont see what satanism can offer to be honest... it doesnt seem to be a religion but more of a way of living that most bastards follow anyway. Though its 9 statements arent evil or wrong they dont seem to be much of a foundation either.Im interested to know more about these hidden agendas though :)

very few high ranking members have spoken out publicly. some of their agendas are illegal. BUT, if you research enough and read between the lines, you can find some of their hidden agendas.

i am not sure if this is true for fact, but rumor has it that charles manson belonged to the church of satan, richard ramirez(the night stalker) was a member, and the two brothers who killed their parents belonged to the church of satan. all from california. and incedentally lived very close to where i lived. although manson had a few camps all over, one of his main ones was really close to where i lived at the time.

don't quote me on the membership though because i never found any evidence to make me 100% certain, but as certain as i could be to post it. i have researched as much as i can on this subject without trying to get fooled by people CLAIMING to be satinists or belong to the church of satan.

just like this original poster. he never expressed his own views. he just copied and pasted something from wiki. i didn't read it but i bet it tells the supposed history and not anything substantial in what they really believe. anyone can claim to be a satanist......and i seriously doubt this guy is a member of the church of satan....but people have created many tributaries to the original belief.

Aye, i dont see what satanism can offer to be honest... it doesnt seem to be a religion but more of a way of living that most bastards follow anyway. Though its 9 statements arent evil or wrong they dont seem to be much of a foundation either.
Im interested to know more about these hidden agendas though :)

"You know the devil doesn't really like to be called "Satan". He real name is Lucifer. "
nobody even mentioned the devil. and if your statement is true, then lucifer doesn't like to be called the devil either...
Edited by anwiii (see edit history)

Sky.... Just no...Why would I care what the the imaginary devil likes to be called?! I'll call him pinkfairy for all i care!(plus, aside from the fact it is made up either by you or someone else, what makes you think this?)Interesting to see the links those people have with satanism... As outsiders we can only go on what is publicised and from what i have seen it isnt a bad "group" for lack of a better word, but it seems hollow, it doesnt seem like a belief system at all. At the end of the day if im in a pissed off mood i do most of that anyway, that doesnt make it a religion or system, its just how irritated or self motivated people act!

well i do agree with it somewhat, the idea in not worshiping any god or goddess and the idea about worshiping ones self is interesting when you understand the idea behind it. i don't believe in worshiping any gods the same way i don't believe in worshiping myself. i do believe that we are all connected though which is what they believe but take it further to believe that whatever power the gods have, they have in them as well so when they are worshiping themselves, they are indirectly worshoping the gods they believe in. i dunno. that's what i got out of it at least.i also don't worship myself because it would be wrong to put me above any god or any other person for that matter, but i do believe worshiping ones self can create a great strength and one can probably do great things with that strength. unfortunately, like you said, it's more of a selfish "religion"i think the their whole belief system is nasty as a whole, but i do believe in some of the things they say they believe....but only to a certain extent. i like to incorporate my personal beliefs with a little of everything so i just try to take the good out of a belief use it in my own belief system. funny about religions though, before i ever really researched any besides the one i grew up knowing, i already believed in what all the other religions had to offer on some level. i can never believe in any one though. most are just so commercialized and fake. and satanism which lead to the church of satan? they gained popularity the same way howard stern did...and if anyone ever watched his movie, then they know howard didn't believe half the crap he said haha

I can easily understand looking out for number one, i think everyone should look out for themselves first. If you had $1 and were starving and had only enough money for one meal i think you should buy that meal for yourself, rather than for someone else (the exception here is for child etc... but assuming you both have the same situation and same needs) as that money is yours, whether you found it or earned it, YOU did that so YOU should make use of it.That doesnt mean however that if you have the means to help (eg you can buy two meals and only need one) that you should squander it or hide it. You should of course aim to help as many as you can, but in my eyes I come first in a survival situation (again, assuming we are on equal footing and situation).But aside from that i dont think there is anything within satanism that i can bring into myself to improve myself.

interesting you bring that up. about the $1 thing. this will be a little off topic but still an amazing story(at least to me). i was stuck in biloxi mississippi one year(also interestingly enough, 1 week before hurricane katrina hit). i was on the streets for a couple days. i met all sorts. i met this one guy. someone who was homeless and on the streets, drug user, pan handler, etc... anyway, i had money, but i was going to reserve it for emergency funds only so i just pretended not to have any money. we were on the beach and walked over to kfc. he told me to wait outside. he comes back with 5 chicken sandwiches and gives me two of them(he knew my situation). ok. i thought that was pretty cool. well, he offered me the 5th one(the last one) and obviously i refused it. he insisted. just looking at this guy, i knew he was hungry and hardly feeds himself....especially the way he demolished his first two sandwiches in record time. well, i just flat out refused and he flat out insisted. i gave in and we'll split it. i felt bad. i had money in my pocket and this dude was offering something to me that he needed more.

anyway, story goes on. he helped me, and eventually, before i left, i helped him a lot too. i just thought it was amazing that he would give up the last sandwhich to someone else when he needed it the most. i do believe in karma and what goes around, comes around. i also believe you should never judge a book by it's cover.

i've been around, met all sorts of people, this guy stand out in my top five interesting experiences with people due to nature of giving and what it means. not just to the person you are giving to, but to yourself to and what defines you as a human being.

funny though. before i met this guy, i spent almost the first whole day under a shady tree on the strip by the beach and i still got the worst sunburn of my life. worked out to a good tan though :D i was under that tree with 3 bags, a pillow, and a comforter....homeless :) i eventually had to stash my stuff because of the deliquents that hang out at night over there. this guy knew where i stashed everything. he also knew other people living off the streets. he could have stolen my stuff or had other people steal it any time he wanted...sold it for drugs, food, or what not. never did. anyway....

I can easily understand looking out for number one, i think everyone should look out for themselves first. If you had $1 and were starving and had only enough money for one meal i think you should buy that meal for yourself, rather than for someone else (the exception here is for child etc... but assuming you both have the same situation and same needs) as that money is yours, whether you found it or earned it, YOU did that so YOU should make use of it.
That doesnt mean however that if you have the means to help (eg you can buy two meals and only need one) that you should squander it or hide it. You should of course aim to help as many as you can, but in my eyes I come first in a survival situation (again, assuming we are on equal footing and situation).

But aside from that i dont think there is anything within satanism that i can bring into myself to improve myself.

Thanks for informing me on this. I always thought it meant to worship satan instead of god. Imaginary they may be. :) So its just basically worshiping yourself almost. I just live my life. I have enough problems already to be worrying about if I am going to go to an imaginary place when I die or not.