xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Taf12

Internal Hard Drive Problem Western Digital Hard Drive Problem

Hi all, please help....I had a western digital network hard drive and it does not show up on the network anymore. The ethernet port is nackered. So i have opened up the drive and have connected it to my pc, but it does not show up on my computer. I have checked device manager and its there, I cannot assign the drive letter as its all greyed out and only allows me to delete. I have tinkered with the bios and its showing as disk 1 and is showing it online, but no drive letter.Anyone any ideas please.thanks.

If the external drive worked before but it's not working anymore, there's high probability that your drive might be shot/damaged.But do check to see if you set the master or slave setting properly. Depending on where you connected you should set that and CS (cable select) does not work well with every BIOS.Check to see if you hear your drive click when you start the computer (since you've connected it internally) and check to see if it's spinning. And if you still have not gain any access I believe you're looking at one bricked HDD.

I am totally agree with BuffaloHelp if your device doesnt work anymore and all the software causes are descarted the most probable is that your internal hard drive is damage or it simply collapses and I recommed you that if you dont know anything about technical things you have two options go the hard drive to the workshop and maybe the reparation is possible but in the case that this is not possible you maybe will have to put it in the garbage can and buy a new hard drive.And I know that maybe this is not the rigth forum to post this question but i am happy to help you and by the way welcome to the best forum community in all the planet Xisto.com whare you will get a lot of fun and the most important free web hosting for your online projects. In Xisto you will get a lot of information and the great is that the process to get your free web hosting is simple and you will post and get fun and be earning the MyCents in the same time.So get the information and please visit the forums for the begineers to learn all the process to get your free web hosting and please do it. Don?t let this for tomorrow and keep posting and posting and in a close fututre you will get your professional web hosting like the paid hosting with professional support.So, welcome to trap 17 and remember keep posting free quality post and in a little time you will get your free web hosting for your web pages.Regards.

Thanks for the advice, The drive is spinning, and showing up on the BIOS. I also have tried to access it with linux system, it shows the device, but no access into the device.I would like to exchange it, but it has some data that I really wanted to keep.....Any other ideas please....