xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
cnfir

XP2 will be out today....

ha.... :lol:

I read that in the SP2 they modified/improved(mah) many things, and they added a "Security Center", an application that connects to microsoft for "security" pusposes... HMMMMMMMM this smells VERY bad (is this a Palladium preview?)

wow i think it will be great with all those features. it will increse the usability. ad it will be more user friendly too..

I don't get it why Microsoft makes a big deal out of a "patch" or "service pack", it only underscores the fact that their products are indeed major security risks for consumers. Also, for all the hype to this XP2, I wouldn't be surprised if new security loopholes crop up in the next few weeks.

I am running the beta version of 'XP2'. The correct name is SP2. Its not really a big deal. The most significant change is the 'Security Centre'. It dosn't really do much. It just tells you if you have a firewall or anti-virus installed on your com. It also encourages you to activate the in-built Windows Firewall.

Anywa,y I disabled the firewall.....its not really that good. You need alot of manual configurations. You probably would be better of with Zone Alarm free version.

o ya...lastly, beware...YOU HAVE TO RE-ACTIVATE WINDOWS AFTER INSTALLING SP2!! PIRATES BEWARE!!Haha, anyway mine is...*ahem ahem* too.

Patches and updates are free...well relatively free that is, coz you have to have internet connection to get it, worth some 80MB! :lol:

On the subject of re-registration that Shackman brought up, since there are now pirated XP OS's available with integrated SP2 (beta), that wouldn't deter anyone from buying bootleg copies and having SP2 at the same time. :P

Just about everything to do with Windows, or anything else from Microsoft, has at least four critical 'bugs' in it at the time of release.That's what Service Packs are for - to fix the old bugs, and create new ones. :D