xisto Community
satish_gsk

Racial Discrimination Against Indians In Australia Is the racial discrimination correct against INDIANs in australia...

Racial discrimination and other race related violence have been popping up everywhere. To ask is it correct to beat or kill guests in Australia would be a poor choice in words. Obviously it's incorrect to beat or kill ANYONE!Why have many Indian students been beaten in Australia lately? Have they done something to invoke this highly charged emotions of Australians? Or, do Australians care less about outsiders because of their own particular reason(s)?Is it similar to how Americans view Mexicans (or any other race) because of the fear of Mexicans may take all the jobs away from Americans? Or, is it similar how Jews were isolated and targeted by Hitler and his followers?Hatred and race purity always sparked these kinds of violence. And the misconception fuels frustration that explodes in crime against another race. I fear that the world will never unite as one. Because we will always try to be unique and self serving for our own vanity. And the notion that somehow "I" is better than "YOU" will never keep "US" together. And there's not 1 country/race that escapes this--someone will always promote superiority over other's inferiority.

Discrimination against Indians in Australia? First time I've heard of this...and aren't they Aboriginies (sp)?It'll always exist in the world however, it is natural. It's how we as humans try to say we are better than eachother.

Racism is not something that will ever go away. No Matter were you go racism will always be there. Its a shame when it gets to a point it starts affecting people on a large scale for instance with immigration and the negativity that people associate immigration with. Ther are so many racist statements around us that some we have come to live and accept. Some are actually statements that people think are a proud label but hey are down right racist. I will give an example. I am english and from England. Now THis will also apply to America I think based on some stuff I have seen on TV. Not sure if what is on Tv is a true reflection of reality. United Kingdom is the area which covers countries Wales, England, Scotland and Northrern Ireland. and if you are Black you are refered to as Black British but white people are refered to as british not White British. I believe in America there are Americans and Black Americans who are now labelled african Americans for political correctness someone will say its because they are originally from africa but the white arent native to America either they are from Europe how come they arent not european americans.In England I have also realised that If say there was a fight in a club and being reported you hear these guys started up on us and hit us. (this automatically means they were white. if the people were black its some Black guys started on us and beat us up. With the illegalisation of racist remark and political correctness we have all become political correct lest we get arrested lol. What I love though is that the newer generations are not as racist as the older generations we are more tolerant of each other and inter racial relationships are everywhere and are a common thing now and no one really even notices them now because they are now an accepted part of society. We will always have that few select group who will be extremely racist and push the envelope when it comes to skin color and origins but hey every society has its bad eggs otherwise the world would not be so colorfull. Australia should seriously look into the issue of racism against Indian or rather Asian people because they seem to be paying a blind eye to it. I have a lot of friends from Australia who have migrated to England and they all complain about the illtreatment of Asian Nationals. England has the same issue but with people of Middle eastern Origin calling them Pakies (short for Pakistanies) But this is a crime in England and they take any racist reports very seriously and that has made a lot of people very conscious about derogatory words. Then you have countries in Africa were they dont care if you are black or white. THey will say you are Zambian and it doesnt matter whether you are black or white. Its gonna be a little while before we are all color blind so the authorities especially in countries that are first world should realise that the world is waching them and that the international community will not take kindly to blindness againnst racism

Is it correct to beat/kill the guests in Australia?????

What kind of question is that? It is never OK to kill someone because of their race. I am American and they teach a lot about racial discrimination in our schools growing up because, lets face it, America is a breeding ground for racism. It is never right to discriminate against anyone for anyreason. We all have our flaws. It is the discrimination like that that causes the perpetual hatred in our society. It is what caused the 300 plus years of slavery in the United States. It is what caused the holocaust in Germany during World War II. It is what continues to cause many countless deaths all over the world every single day. As hippi-ish as this will sound we all just need to learn to love and get along.

I see the irony here. I'm from india and i see that indians are more racial and religion,regionalist. Many politicians have agenda here not to let person from another state to enter into theirs. So that way indians deserve to call aussies racist ? Nope. Besides looking at the rate of religion and regional extremism i feel that my own country is more into discrimination than any other(except islamic countries where no other religion is tolerated).

I see the irony here. I'm from india and i see that indians are more racial and religion,regionalist. Many politicians have agenda here not to let person from another state to enter into theirs. So that way indians deserve to call aussies racist ? Nope.
Besides looking at the rate of religion and regional extremism i feel that my own country is more into discrimination than any other(except islamic countries where no other religion is tolerated).

As you says some worst politrics ;) made some invisible laws and support @ some regions in India as you said 'religion and regional extremism', but freedom for movement is high compared to countries like china or Pakistan or in Arab countries (see this http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/). 'Guests are treated as gods' made India to serve the people, from abroad and let them to misuse Indians freedom.
One of the major discrimination is cultural difference, as like rituals which are not much acceptable for an average brain activity
makes some arrogant creeds to response against those Indians, thinking that all Indians are like those idiots following this type of stupid rituals
who even worship cow as god. Belief should reside deep inside not to expose much in public that is one of the negative think i found in Hindus but much far better than insha allahs :P

As you says some worst politrics ;) made some invisible laws and support @ some regions in India as you said 'religion and regional extremism', but freedom for movement is high compared to countries like china or Pakistan or in Arab countries (see this http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/). 'Guests are treated as gods' made India to serve the people, from abroad and let them to misuse Indians freedom. One of the major discrimination is cultural difference, as like rituals which are not much acceptable for an average brain activity
makes some arrogant creeds to response against those Indians, thinking that all Indians are like those idiots following this type of stupid rituals
who even worship cow as god. Belief should reside deep inside not to expose much in public that is one of the negative think i found in Hindus but much far better than insha allahs :P

Hindus only want intellectual superiority because they were tortured by mongols and british and other rulers in past. That aside, they have no issues with fundamental islamics and christians who are preaching "have 5 kids and get 10k ruppees per child" in kerala(indian state) newspaper ads. Hindus here are much tolerant but they created castes within their religion for structured dominance in society. Slowly even hindus are becoming more negative like Christians and forcing their beliefs on localites here. I have seen racial comments by aussies in cricket and we all know how many and which cricket players are racist.

I don't know but is it just me or some racist countries like AU feel uncomfortable with india or other third world countries ? i have seen even one of my friends friend who is into labor commenting in health group how she feels good not to be admited in any third world hospital. I don't understand one fact that why developed nations assume that there are metro cities which are developed enough with facilities in india. Why compare your countries facilities with villages in india ? Also why compare at all ? if you're developed nation, why you feel proud when you compare ? aren't you at the top already ? or you feel uncomfortable somewhere that third world countries are progressing ? sorry for the rant but that's my recent observation.

It appears that this or the majority of the problems happened about two years ago. According to some of the news articles, there were many attacks against Indian students in Australia while "racial" attacks are relatively few compared to the total number. They state that the vast majority of attacks were simply robberies or the like. So, what is the truth? Obviously, it is not correct to attack or kill people.

Many Australians have been tracking muslims in the past .I remembre since 2 or 3 years ago that Australians have conducted a movement to kill and track all muslims in Australia , they have exchanged racial and descriminator text messages SMS , and the police or the government didn't do a think to prevent that.

Obviously, the question "is it correct to kill/beat..." is ridiculous, as it is never correct to do this, for whatever reason.

However, I do have some thoughts, and strong points of view when it comes to the subject of racism:

To start with, there is obviously no denying that racism really exists, and no question about the fact that it is wrong, unfortunately, it is a term that gets used and especially abused more and more lately, and it is a term that is never seen in its proper context.

It is beyond doubt that many people play the race card in order to get what they want, or to get away with wrongdoing.

A few examples:

A teacher who fails a non-white pupil is often branded a racist

A policeman who gives a non-white person often ends up being called racist.

A business man who hires a white member of staff after interviewing a white and a non-white candidate often gets the same treatment.

What is more, these situations often arise because the law and the gone mad political correctness helps and encourages non-whites to act in this way.

Unfortunately, racism is also something which, according to those things mentioned above, only works one way. According to the political correct squad, only whites can discriminate non-whites, the opposite is never possible.

I can give an example of the first point I mentioned:

When I was teaching a year 7 class (11 year olds), I had already made a number of remarks to a half cast boy in my class who was constantly misbehaving and disrupting the lesson.

When I gave him a final warning, I got from him "You're only doing this because I am black", I hadn't even punished him, just warned him.

I am sure if children did not hear those things at home, they would not say them.

However, because of situations like that, and the race card often being played in certain situations, it has already come to a point where non-whites are being treated with kids gloves, because people fear being branded racist.

Then, about the one-sidedness of things, an incident that happened just two days ago here in England:

Diane Abbott, a black MP for London, in other words, a woman in a function where she should set an example, the first black woman who was ever elected for Parliament, found it necessary to send a tweet saying: "Whites love to play divide and rule. Do not play their game".

Obviously, Ed Milliband, the Labour Party Leader, defended her through thick and thin, but still made her apologise.

Just imagine the shoe had been on the other foot, the country (especially the PC squad) would have been up in arms, and the politician in question would almost certainly have been sacked.

It is, by the way, not the first racist comment the woman gets away with.

The same thing for positive discrimnation: by law, companies are now required to have a certain number of staff from ethnic minorities, which means, they have to bend over backwards to hire non-whites to meet the quota, there is obviously nothing wrong with hiring non-white staff, as long as they are the best persons for the job.

But, the law almost forces companies to discriminate whites in favour of non-whites, while it should be, the best suited candidate gets the job, irrespective of his skin colour.

In other words, when you look at "positive discrimination", there is still that one word in it, yes, you read it right, positive or negative, it is still discrimination

The fact is: nobody is born a racist, but by taking measures like that, the powers that be just create and induce racism.

It is like the Afro-Caribbean friend and fellow musician I know: he went to record in a studio which was ran by Jamaicans, and, he himself said "i am never going back there, as the owners of that place are as racist as anything, especially against whites".

Now, these words were spoken by an Afro-Caribbean, does that not tell you something?

I just thought I had yo reply to this post, just to put a few things into context, not to justify racism (I said in the beginning it is wrong), but also to show it is not as black and white (pun intended) as some people want to make it seem.

Therefore, it is high time some laws were revised somewhat, and high time it stopped trying to give people a guilt complex because things like electoral gain warrant it.

Edited by mrdee (see edit history)

Here's my two cents for what they are worth...During 2009 and 2010, almost all national dailies carried reports of racial violence against Indians in Australia. Protest marches and demonstrations were held in both countries condemning all acts of racism and seeking action against those guilty for the crimes. Student enrollments from India to Australian Universities dropped by about 46 percent. Concerns were raised by Indian politicians regarding the safety of Indians in the Australian continent, the Indian media was accused for hysterical reporting and Australian authorities were blamed for not doing enough.There is no smoke without fire. However, people like to believe far too much.While racial discrimination is a sad reality, it is not limited to one country or targeted towards people of a certain origin or nationality. And just because the perpetrator committing the crime belongs to a different race than that of the victim, the crime does not necessarily become one motivated by racial hatred. Crimes whether committed for passion, greed or racial hatred are by their nature crimes which have to be dealt with strongly by the law. Where law and order does not prevail, crime does. And ever so oven, crime is a coward seeking its most vulnerable prey.Racial attacks, though more unfortunate, are much easier to prove and bring to justice than racial discrimination which has firmly asserted itself in almost all walks of life. Administered in various degrees of subtlety, it leaves little evidence of the crime committed. And then, there are those who like to take advantage and cry foul without cause.Sadly, they get away with it too. While we all hope for a society built on peace, there are, amongst us, some who will want to disrupt it for their own selfish gains. Racism, either in its subtle form of racial discrimination or in its heinous and violent avatar of racial attacks, is a crime against humanity. Men and women in power can help to combat it, by formulating strict laws and ensuring that justice is carried through. But the onus of fighting against racism rests amongst us.We, as people, must fight racism together. As a society and as an individual. From the outside and the inside. By being more tolerant of ideas we have not grown up with. By willing to change. By being the change.