xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ikoolo

Change Your Apple Ipod Touch Or Iphone Into An Ipad!

Ever since the new Apple iPad came out, there have been mixed responses.

Some people say that it's the greatest thing in the world! That they are definitely gonna buy it.

Others are disappointed that it doesn't have a camera, or that it doesn't have many new features.

Apple hasn't been authorised to ship them yet.The Apple.Com site says:

This device has not yet been authorized as required by the rules

of the Federal Communications Commission. This device is not,

and may not be, offered for sale or lease, or sold or leased,

until authorization is obtained.

But, If you can't wait the extra 50 days until the release, I'll show you a video:

You will need to have a jailbroken iphone/ipod touch to get it all to work.

Follow the instructions posted here to first jailbreak your iPhone

if you havent already and then download and install the following in this order.

Winterboard app via Cydia

Simple iPad Theme via Cydia

MakeItMine app via Cydia to Change the Carrier logo to iPad. More details here.

Shrink app via Cydia to reduce the size of all the icons on the springboard.

ProSwitcher via Cydia for Multitasking. More details here.

NYTimes The New York Times app for iPhone via App Store

Classics The iBooks lookalike app for iPhone via App Store

Kindle for iPhone via App Store

Here is the video, showing each and every step in detail on how to turn your iPhone and iPod touch into an iPad.

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

ikoolo

Yep I thought the same thing. Its just a bigger iPhone and thats all there is too it. Sure it has a few new features, but at the same time it doesn't have things that it definitely should. ( Camera ) still think its kinda cool. I am definitely not buying this.

Why is everyone so impressed with the iPad I have seen many videos on it today and just now and it looks a total disappointment from Apple and many on Youtube and other community forums agree. Its just an overgrown iPod Touch. For me I think this is apples worst product as yet.

Why is everyone so impressed with the iPad I have seen many videos on it today and just now and it looks a total disappointment from Apple and many on Youtube and other community forums agree. Its just an overgrown iPod Touch. For me I think this is apples worst product as yet.

Agreed. It is ridiculous how popular this item is. It is nothing special but an over sized ipod touch. Definitely NOT worth 500-800$, I would not even pay $300 for this thing.

Great. That means that we are just paying for the big screen. AND that IPAD doesnt have anything new other than the big screen.I mean, They should have put more on it.I just hope they have a USB Port. A real one to plug in big USB keys at least. as well as the Pro-Duo Type ones.In my opinion, if they sell or not just depends on what have they come up with on the HARDWARE side ONLY. the ipad is just a big iphone;)I wonder if there is going to be a iPad Mini or iPad Video or iPad Nano. Apple sucks, iPhone rules and iTouch is ok.

The ipad is an iphone without the phone. It fails most epicly... It doesnt have flash, it doesnt support multitasking (want to send an email? Fair enough, but i hope you dont want to listen to music, run a download or have another browser window open, the ipad cant do that...) And no, it doesnt have USB, though it does have a proprietary apple connector thing, that no-one uses and a huge array of converters that are big, bulky and ugly. Basically, all you apple fan boys have been ripped off. Apply know how foolish you all are and how desperate you are to get on your knees for an apply logo that it releases a crap piece of kit and you will all buy it.On the other hand you could get a nice netbook with a swivel touch-screen which folds backwards turning into a slightly bigger tablet device and still have a full operating system like Win7 or linux on it AND have all the connections you want AND a full, normal keyboard and touchpad mouse. Plus it will be cheaper.. Oh wait, sorry it doesnt have a fruit related logo.Fools! Though im glad to see that some people hate apple as much as I :)