xisto Community
Ash-Bash

My New Dog :)

Hello,

After having a dog for a while then moving on to old age, It was time to bring in a new dog. This was a family decision to call it its name and the breed we should get. The photos are taken by me on my iPhone so please expect medium quality.

Name: Mr. Mac :)

Breed: Cavalier King Charles Spaniel

Colour: Ruby.

Below this text are photo's of him getting older, Only a few will be added each week so you can see the stages of him growing.

Pictures:

8 Weeks old 28/1/10

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

More coming soon.

:) oh its adorable !i love the pictures ,he looks so sweet and adorable and masculine in bone structure .I bet their personality is proud and sensitive at same time with tons of loving pouring out of his entire body ,towards the whole family .i would appreciate you sharing many more pictures ,to see how he is growing and doing ,it placed big smile on my face ,as i waited for pictures to come clearer in viewing .the whole family ,must be filled with complete happiness having this adorable puppy sharing your lives .he is very lucky puppy have his new family too .best of wishes ! :D

wow xD its soo cute is that a boy? or a girl? what his/her name :( can I have it? aha I was just kidding.that puppy will surely grow up as a though dog I can see it that he/she is so healthy and thanks for its owner :)hey take care of him/her ok? don't let that puppy get sick :) treat him/her as your baby.. because animals have feelingstoo, some owners or pet owners maltreated their animals which is bad for the animals :D

Strange I didn't put that on there, He is a Boy. However I did put the name on there "Mr. Mac" and Errrrrmmmm never :D. I will be posting lots of pictures here to show the growing stages of him. He seems to be having fun with my new shoes :). Keep checking the topic every couple of days for more pictures.

Indeed, He will have a mad run around for a slipper or he bone. Then he will jump on your lap and doze off to sleep for an hour then do the same like a cycle.

getting a animal to share your life is most precious gift anyone could ever ,have in ones own life .as to me it a gift of love .that never stops becoming a gift that becomes more precious and cherished ,through out the years of your life and all that becomes shared with others .they love attention and love to actually bloom to full potential in whom that precious dog ,is meant to be ,he will always be there ,by your side ,offering that magical love ,even when your life gets to busy to notice it .he is proud animal of beauty ,his pictures show .it is life time friendship.keep him close to you through out your own Journeys . :)

Awww, so cute! :) He seems to make a mess when eating, much? :)

I know :D, Indeed his food seems to be everywhere though he is a very playful dog.

getting a animal to share your life is most precious gift anyone could ever ,have in ones own life .as to me it a gift of love .

that never stops becoming a gift that becomes more precious and cherished ,through out the years of your life and all that becomes shared with others .

they love attention and love to actually bloom to full potential in whom that precious dog ,is meant to be ,he will always be there ,by your side ,offering that magical love ,even when your life gets to busy to notice it .

he is proud animal of beauty ,his pictures show .

it is life time friendship.

keep him close to you through out your own Journeys . :D

Indeed we spent Ł150.00 at the pet shop so I guess he is now part of the family spending that money on his food and stuff. He cost Ł650 :( But he is a very nice dog to be with.

Congradulations! Very cute pup. Cavalier King Charles Spaniels are good natured, gentle dogs, I'm sure he will make a great family pet for you. Remember to use positive reinforcment training methods, nothing harsh, these dogs are pretty sensitive. Hopefully you've had him vet checked, heart murmors and bad patella's are very common in this breed. Also, don't forget to check his ears and clean them as needed. Some Spaniels have a pretty fair amount of hair that grows in the ear canal, make sure it is kept clean and dry.

would they be prone to the same eye disease cocker spaniels get? cataracts are a HUGE problem so if they are, maybe ash and the family need to be aware of that. i haven't researched it since you're the animal expert :)

i can agree that at least most spaniels if not all are very sensitive so the positive reinforcements are highly advisable. so sensitive that if you don't treat them especially right, they may cower over time where there is no reasonable explanation. they just need more love and attention than other breeds...especially when training them.

my last two dogs were golden retrievers. although VERY VERY smart and easy to train, they are also very sensitive

btw ash, at first quick glance, it almost looked like you had a golden retriever pup. your dog is beautiful and very cute! enjoy this time because they don't stay that way forever haha!

Congradulations! Very cute pup. Cavalier King Charles Spaniels are good natured, gentle dogs, I'm sure he will make a great family pet for you. Remember to use positive reinforcment training methods, nothing harsh, these dogs are pretty sensitive.
Hopefully you've had him vet checked, heart murmors and bad patella's are very common in this breed. Also, don't forget to check his ears and clean them as needed. Some Spaniels have a pretty fair amount of hair that grows in the ear canal, make sure it is kept clean and dry.

Very nice adorable dog. I'd like to have a dog, but I don't like the idea of having one inside my house. I still have an idea of dogs being unhealthy and dirty. I prefer cats and have one inside my house. But though there must be a way to have a clean dog around my house. Still very lovely dog, I bet it can be hard to loose it, even by accident or by stealing.

How is your Ethernet cables Ash? If I recall correctly you dog chewed through it, yes? :D Some puppies just cant help chewing things..even some full grown dogs...they have to have their moments of chewing something, like a slipper or so.. :)

haha i think that's why my dog always had plenty of toys to chew on including tennis balls. he rips 'm to shreds, but he loves 'm and i don't have to worry about him chewing on or destroying anything important. when i clean the apartment, i put his toys(he has about 15 of 'm) in a pile. the next day, he has carried all his toys from one room to the other where i am usually at on the computer. he's funny. he's over 2 years old and still a little kid..... like me :(

How is your Ethernet cables Ash? If I recall correctly you dog chewed through it, yes? :D Some puppies just cant help chewing things..even some full grown dogs...they have to have their moments of chewing something, like a slipper or so.. :)