xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
wonderfullygifted

Is It Possible To Be Tall With Nutritions/exercise

Alright, my problem is, I want to be healthy and exercise / get taller.But I do have like, like a draw back.I'm about 16 almost 17 years old.I weigh 115lbs, and i'm 5'3My girlfriend is 5'7.She always tells me my height is awkward, and I feel like it is too.I mean, I'm just really short.I drink coffee and I eat a lot of junk, but it's so hard cause my favourite food is chinese food lol.It's like, I don't know which nutrition to intake.I take nutrition pills everyday, but I drink a lot of coke/soda.I walk like probably about 10 minutes a day to come home.Then in school I walk I guess.But I'm pretty skinny where like if I gain weight it'll look horrible and you'll be able to see it lol.I've just been searching online and online contradicts itself.So any help with this? Maybe someone is a doctor on here, haha.Any diets?

There are no ways to *make* yourself grow taller, like you can with gaining/losing weightYou will grow until you stop growing, and men stop growing on average at around 21.How tall are your mother and father? How about their parents? It will help us to determine how tall you may be.You may not get taller, and you might shoot up in height. My dad grew about 4+ inches in his senior year of highschool, so don't worry. :)

I'm quite lazy and I'm 6.1" so no, exercise will not make a difference.You could always break your knees and have then stretched, that'll do the trick :) :DBut seriously yes, eating good food and drinking stuff high in calcium like milk will help you grow

Edited by Soviet Rathe (see edit history)

Ah, well I don't know.I'm getting kind of fat, like I gained 3lbs and my face is looking oddly fatter just with 3lbs.. so I was thinking maybe I'm done growing because I never used to gain weight or anything.My mom is about 5'5 and my dad is 5'6.And I'm Italian, so of course i'm going to be short lol.But I was hoping i'd be taller than this.

I drink coffee and I eat a lot of junk, but it's so hard cause my favourite food is chinese food lol.It's like, I don't know which nutrition to intake.
I take nutrition pills everyday, but I drink a lot of coke/soda.

Heres an idea... Instead of paying silly money to morally questionable firms and taking pills mixed up with other chemicals why dont you just eat *real* food? Duh...

Im not a health freak, i assure you. i weigh much more than i should for my height (6ft 4in XD hehe) but seriously, why would you take pills when you could just have a glass of orange or apply juice (from a carton, not the squash that you mix with water) its just senseless.

And coke... Damn that stuff is nasty, diet coke is good, but normal coke is like drinking glue, it just makes your mouth and teeth stick together, damn...

You will not grow taller due to food or nutrition. For the same reason that my arms arent 10 feet long. Your body is pre-programmed to reach a certain maximum size, sure if you stop eating your body would get smaller due to not having enough energy to grow, but eating more wont make you any taller as your body will just hit its limit and then all that unused energy turns to fat.

All you have to do is stop putting yourself down, there are billions of people all over the world and i can assure you, they are perfectly happy and adept at putting you down that you really dont need to bother.

If your girlfriend doesnt like it then tell her to cut her feet off and then she would be shorter than you :)
Edited by shadowx (see edit history)

Genetics suck man, trust me...I'm not the smallest guy but I'm not the tallest either at 5'8. Most of my friends have atleast 3 or 4 inches on me, so I guess I look like the "little person" of the group. Whatever happens happens, and you just have to learn how to accept and appreciate your body. Just don't take things for granted, there are thousands if not millions of people who are even shorter than you are!One thing my doctor always said when I was growing up was to not start weight training unitl I was around 18 years old, since mass muscle could hinder and prevent bone growth. The only problem is, I never weight trained anyway so I guess it didn't apply to me. If your girlfriend can't accept you for who you are then she needs to get the boot. You are young anyway so I'm not sure the seriousness of your relationship is, regardless, that probably is insignificant...

sigh. well, i pesonally don't think you have stopped growing. height can be awkward whether you'r 5'3 or 6'3. i'm almost 6'5. there are pros and cons to whatever height you are at. don't let the cons get to ya. concentrate on what advatages you have.just don't grow up have that little man syndrome where you feel inferior and you need to make up for it by making other people feel inferior. and as long as you aren't sitting at the kiddie table 10 years from now, i wouldn't sweat it. but if you are, might i suggest practicing a circus act?there is absolutely NOTHING that will help you grow taller. NOTHING. all you can do is eat healthy. don't slump, always stand and sit up straight, try buying some modiefied shoes if you are that insecure. as far as your girlfriend. obviously she isn't with you because of how you look....so be gratefull she is with you for the more important reasons. i am a UCLA bruin fan, and 10 years ago, the shortest man on the court made the winning basket to give UCLA another NCAA basketball championship. one of the greatest shots in a national championship.try and look at things different. that's your best bet. be happy how you look and feel. be confident. believe me. the more confident(without arrogance) you can be, people will actually see you taller. it's just like love. the more you love someone, the prettier they become.again, i don't think you have stopped growing. i have known lots of people who spurt up during high school. if people are making fun of you and making you more insecure, just know, they have to down you to feel better about their own selves. they probably have their own insecurities. just roll with the punches(no- that doesn't mean getting in to fights over stupid crap).you seem like a cool guy....just a little overly concerned about things you shouldn't be....

I think a man will stop growing on its 21, xD thats what they said but yes its true that you can be tall with eating some nutritious foods like protein rich food and doing exercise and the best thing to be tall is sleeping xD, also stand straight will help you to be tall, good luck then