xisto Community
Zagubadu?

Latest Sig Tell me what you think of it

Hello everyone. I think I'm getting better. I'm not really proud of the text. Tell me what you think. Its okay to be honest I can take criticism. Do you think I should not have used two renders? I think you'll all agree with me that the text is bad, right?

Posted Image

Wow..It's pretty neat. You could have added more details and stuff, cause it looks kinda bare and simple. The text is could have been better, choose a better font or something. Overall, its awesome! It blends in with the blue people (lol) I would rate it 7/10 , if there was a rating system. Keep the awesome sigs coming!

You should probably enter the Sig for SOTW#5! Follow this link.

Edited by deadmad7 (see edit history)

I am no expert, but I think that signature is actually very nice. The text is a bit blurry, and could be better, but overall it is a very nice signature. I give it a 8/10.

Yea the more I look at the text the more I hate it :D I still have it saved as a PSD so I might edit it later. I just don't get how some people are so good at making them. I've tried to find good tutorials but for the most part I haven't been able to find any.

Wow..It's pretty neat. You could have added more details and stuff, cause it looks kinda bare and simple. The text is could have been better, choose a better font or something. Overall, its awesome! It blends in with the blue people (lol) I would rate it 7/10 , if there was a rating system. Keep the awesome sigs coming!
You should probably enter the Sig for SOTW#5! Follow this link.

I would do more details and stuff. If I knew how. :) Yea my knowledge so far is brush brush brush, colorize, render, some what try and do some effects to make the render blend ( Outer Glow ), pixel border, and then suffer through the text. Thats literally it. Maybe you could teach me some stuff? :(

I would do more details and stuff. If I knew how. :D Yea my knowledge so far is brush brush brush, colorize, render, some what try and do some effects to make the render blend ( Outer Glow ), pixel border, and then suffer through the text. Thats literally it. Maybe you could teach me some stuff? :)

Go to some tutorial sites such as http://www.deviantart.com/ and look for some signature techniques tutorial or try downloading some new vectors. They also have some tutorials on putting text on the signature. The main thing is, just blend the render and text into the background.

Lol, I'm that good at teaching stuff (i try to stay away from teaching people stuff), but might try to write some tutorials someday.

Go to some tutorial sites such as http://www.deviantart.com/ and look for some signature techniques tutorial or try downloading some new vectors. They also have some tutorials on putting text on the signature. The main thing is, just blend the render and text into the background.

Lol, I'm that good at teaching stuff (i try to stay away from teaching people stuff), but might try to write some tutorials someday.

How about you write a tutorial on how to do that really sweet looking effect you have right there? It looks really cool and I have never seen anything else like it. How'd you do it? Don't keep it a secret. :) Yea its a really cool effect I would love to learn on how to do it.

I'm not really proud of the text.

I'll be honest with you. The text is the weakest part. It looks like you just slapped it on top of the sig as an afterthought rather than including it in your original idea or design. As the focal point of the sig, it really appears to bring the whole look down - without the text it would look much better. The font you picked is a fairly tall font, and the effect you've applied only makes it look even taller. To me, it makes the font look stretched and out of proportion (even if it isn't) simply because of that added effect. The effect itself (the blue lines around the borders of the text) also doesn't fit with the rest of the style of the sig. The renders and background, while featuring strong lines, are actually fairly soft and blend well together. The text effect is too jagged and jarring and detracts from that.

Do you think I should not have used two renders?

No harm in using two renders. Each works well with the background behind it and they both work well together on the same sig. The outer glow doesn't work that well at blending the renders in to the background - take a look at brushing, perhaps even some subtle erasing, etc. to blend them slightly more at key points. The background is good, and works very well with the renders you've picked, especially the colours you've used.

Sorry to be so critical, but I've tried to offer what I see as constructive criticism :)

I'll be honest with you. The text is the weakest part. It looks like you just slapped it on top of the sig as an afterthought rather than including it in your original idea or design. As the focal point of the sig, it really appears to bring the whole look down - without the text it would look much better. The font you picked is a fairly tall font, and the effect you've applied only makes it look even taller. To me, it makes the font look stretched and out of proportion (even if it isn't) simply because of that added effect. The effect itself (the blue lines around the borders of the text) also doesn't fit with the rest of the style of the sig. The renders and background, while featuring strong lines, are actually fairly soft and blend well together. The text effect is too jagged and jarring and detracts from that.

No harm in using two renders. Each works well with the background behind it and they both work well together on the same sig. The outer glow doesn't work that well at blending the renders in to the background - take a look at brushing, perhaps even some subtle erasing, etc. to blend them slightly more at key points. The background is good, and works very well with the renders you've picked, especially the colours you've used.

Sorry to be so critical, but I've tried to offer what I see as constructive criticism :)

No sorry needed this actually is all I needed to fully realize how crappy the text is. I just got really lazy with it. Its saved as a PSD so I will be sure to update it soon and put it in this topic. Thanks for all the help.

Ok I like the render, it is cool, I also do like a little bit the background its in over bright sorry xD I have a differenttaste and maybe adding some glossy effect into it, and the text? mmmm did you rush that and put only wind into it?well thats the worst for me, maybe if you change the opacity of it a little bit, maybe it will look good a little :),but its a nice sig although

I think the sig is really nice.You could maybe improve more unique things, coz I've seen these sigs like that everywhere.I'm thinking maybe if you cut it out so it looks 3Dish.I think it's a nice graphic, you did a good job.Maybe also it's too blue, like maybe maybe it POP out like put more emphasize in the text so it all doesn't blend in together.I like it though :Dkeep up the good work :)

Your signatures are missing a focal point and it needs depth.The text seems to stick out more than the render (which isn't that great of an idea) and the render itself seems a bit lowquality.I'd suggest Topaz-ing the render or just getting another one overall.The signature colors are nice and I think the effects are a bit over sharpened.Hope this helps a bit.