xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Zagubadu?

Alien Hand Syndrome Yea Its not just a Movie

Alien Hand Syndrome (AHS) is a neurological disorder that basically makes the hand act own its own. People who suffer this report they can feel things with the hand normally but have literally no control over it. Depending on what causes which could be a side effect from brain surgery, head trauma, a stroke, tumor, and many other related injuries can effect what the hands behavior is. It could just be doing grasping motions. Or it can be doing other things that make it seem science fiction unbuttoning cloths, unzipping pants, tearing clothes. The person may be totally unaware that its doing these things. In some cases the person actually cut off the hand. I'm really glad I do not have this even though the chances are very slim. AHS is a very rare disorder and not many people suffer from it. More serious cases of it have included stuffing food in face, punching or pinching one self, and often preventing the other hand from doing simple tasks. The though of trying to reach for the door to your car to have your other hand grab, slap, or just attack it may seem funny, but could you imagine having it? I was trying to look for any cases in which the hand grabbed a weapon and committed suicide or murder and couldn't find any. I find just the fact that something like this could exist enticing. I just started thinking of this because of a movie I saw a long time ago about the same thing. Except he cut it off and it started to continue murdering people.Any thoughts or comments on this?

wow so the hand has its own life and free to do what the hands want xD well this is so bad imagine your hand will move anddo things even if you didn't want it and control it? what if it do some bad things? xD hands at lose :)

Alien Hand Syndrome (AHS) is a neurological disorder that basically makes the hand act own its own. People who suffer this report they can feel things with the hand normally but have literally no control over it. Depending on what causes which could be a side effect from brain surgery, head trauma, a stroke, tumor, and many other related injuries can effect what the hands behavior is. It could just be doing grasping motions. Or it can be doing other things that make it seem science fiction unbuttoning cloths, unzipping pants, tearing clothes. The person may be totally unaware that its doing these things. In some cases the person actually cut off the hand. I'm really glad I do not have this even though the chances are very slim. AHS is a very rare disorder and not many people suffer from it. More serious cases of it have included stuffing food in face, punching or pinching one self, and often preventing the other hand from doing simple tasks. The though of trying to reach for the door to your car to have your other hand grab, slap, or just attack it may seem funny, but could you imagine having it? I was trying to look for any cases in which the hand grabbed a weapon and committed suicide or murder and couldn't find any. I find just the fact that something like this could exist enticing. I just started thinking of this because of a movie I saw a long time ago about the same thing. Except he cut it off and it started to continue murdering people.
Any thoughts or comments on this?

It does not sounds real to me to be honest.

How could a syndrome cause someone to slap them self? I could understand if it causes hand flinching or ticks, but I don't think it could cause you to punch yourself or slap yourself, or throw food in your own face (laugh).

Where did you even get this information from? It sounds to me like an excuse for a pervert to expose themselves out in public. I doubt any syndrome would actually cause you to inflict harm unto yourself. It sounds more like to me that you made this article up. Could you cite the link for this article? I have never heard of anything like this. If this syndrome is actually true, then this is the funniest syndrom I have ever heard of. It seems to me like it is from a science fiction movie or book though, and you may just be trying to earn posts, or trying to trick us. And cut your own hand off? Come on, that just sounds completely, and utterly, ridiculous. You would have to be completely insane to cut your own hand off, I doubt anything could *make* you do it. If this were true, it would be much more widespread across the world about this bizarre condition. I just could not believe anything like this could be true.

I am curious, did this come out of a medical dictionary, or off a medical tv show? Because it really soudns farfetched.

It does not sounds real to me to be honest.

How could a syndrome cause someone to slap them self? I could understand if it causes hand flinching or ticks, but I don't think it could cause you to punch yourself or slap yourself, or throw food in your own face (laugh).

Where did you even get this information from? It sounds to me like an excuse for a pervert to expose themselves out in public. I doubt any syndrome would actually cause you to inflict harm unto yourself. It sounds more like to me that you made this article up. Could you cite the link for this article? I have never heard of anything like this. If this syndrome is actually true, then this is the funniest syndrom I have ever heard of. It seems to me like it is from a science fiction movie or book though, and you may just be trying to earn posts, or trying to trick us. And cut your own hand off? Come on, that just sounds completely, and utterly, ridiculous. You would have to be completely insane to cut your own hand off, I doubt anything could *make* you do it. If this were true, it would be much more widespread across the world about this bizarre condition. I just could not believe anything like this could be true.

I am curious, did this come out of a medical dictionary, or off a medical tv show? Because it really soudns farfetched.

Ah yes it sounds unbelievable right? How about PSAS? Permanent Sexual Arousal Syndrome? Constant blood flow to the sexual organs which causes the people the have it to be sex addicts. This one woman has about 200 orgasms a day. But she climaxes easy thats what PSAS does. The girl who was allergic to water and broke out in hives almost instantly to even the touch of it. Even people who have permanent hiccups for years. I must say I hate the hiccups so much if I had that I would kill myself. These things are out there try and be a bit more open about them Smiley. :)

Heres one

And another

Last one

Believe me it is real and it sounds ridiculous and far fetched. But its real.

Ah yes it sounds unbelievable right? How about PSAS? Permanent Sexual Arousal Syndrome? Constant blood flow to the sexual organs which causes the people the have it to be sex addicts. This one woman has about 200 orgasms a day. But she climaxes easy thats what PSAS does. The girl who was allergic to water and broke out in hives almost instantly to even the touch of it. Even people who have permanent hiccups for years. I must say I hate the hiccups so much if I had that I would kill myself. These things are out there try and be a bit more open about them Smiley. :)

Heres one

And another

Last one

Believe me it is real and it sounds ridiculous and far fetched. But its real.

It just sounds extremely far fetched to me. I don't understand how something could make you cut your own hand off, or slap your self. To be honest, reading that part made me laugh out loud. But those other cases I think I have read about a few of those. Permanent hiccups is usually caused by something worse then what causes the normal hiccups. I read in a book one time about a guy who had multiple heart attacks, and it caused him to have hiccups for years. They were so bad at night, it raddled his bed, and he had to get surgery to fix it, imagine that? I try to be open about thngs when they don't make me laugh so hard about what happens if you have it.

No no it doesn't make them cut their own hand off. They cut off the alien hand because it drives them insane. Not saying they all did but people who have had AHS on the serious side of it causing harm to them. They have removed the hand. Yea I know sounds unbelievable but a lot of unbelievable things happen in this world of ours.

No no it doesn't make them cut their own hand off. They cut off the alien hand because it drives them insane. Not saying they all did but people who have had AHS on the serious side of it causing harm to them. They have removed the hand. Yea I know sounds unbelievable but a lot of unbelievable things happen in this world of ours.

But if it were a neurological thing, why would it only affect that certain hand? Would it not cause the other hand to go "crazy" too, so to speak? If I had that, I think I would just go to a mental hospital or get some kind of treatment instead of cutting my own hand off. It just is the most crazy and ridiculous thing I have heard in a while, but I guess I should be more open minded about this, seeing how I am not a doctor (and I don't play one on tv).

Yea I tried looking around for treatment and the only thing I have been able to find is that sometimes the person with AHS will give the alien hand an object to fiddle with and it seems to keep it occupied. So funny watched a little bit of this documentary of this guy that had it and his hand was a *BLEEP* so to speak. He walks past a table at a restaurant and his hand just tips over this lady's drink. She gets so pissed its hilarious. I think being allergic to water is a bit more far fetched. Impossible for it to just be H2O must be something in water.

Alien hand syndrome is a rare neurological disorder in which one hand functions involuntarily, with the victim completely unaware of its action. While the example above may be extreme, people who suffer from AHS have exhibited similar symptoms in certain cases. Less horrifying symptoms include involuntary reaching and grasping, touching the face or tearing at clothing. More extreme cases have involved involuntarily stuffing food in the mouth, preventing the normal hand from completing simple tasks and self inflicted punching or choking. While it's viewed as more of a nuisance than a medical threat, its sufferers often experience psychological problems and embarrassment and are occasionally put in harm's way as result of the renegade limb's actions

Gosh, that would be creepy. I mean, it could beat you up when you're asleep and try to choke you are something :) I would probably get it amputatedbecause i wouldn't feel normal and its like another person or something that thinks and acts on its own , as if it lives, is residing inside your body (that was a little bit complicated). I mean, it could really ruin your life and topple it over in one shot. Imagine your writing a test and your hand tears up the paper or slaps your friend or your teacher. I wonder if there is a cure for this or medication.

Gosh, that would be creepy. I mean, it could beat you up when you're asleep and try to choke you are something :( I would probably get it amputatedbecause i wouldn't feel normal and its like another person or something that thinks and acts on its own , as if it lives, is residing inside your body (that was a little bit complicated). I mean, it could really ruin your life and topple it over in one shot. Imagine your writing a test and your hand tears up the paper or slaps your friend or your teacher. I wonder if there is a cure for this or medication.

:) Slaps your teacher. How about slaps your boss the day you were getting a promotion? :) I could go on forever about the funny things that could happen with an alien hand. But its still sad really. Yea I tried looking for remedies for this and only found that some people give it an object to "play with". This way its kind of distracted while you can try and live a normal life. Theres a story where this one guy would use a pool ball. And the alien hand through it at someone. :D Ouch that must of hurt.

Hmm, looks like the connection from brain to hand is unstable and causing something like that. Never seen any person with something like that. But oh well, most of the online work has enough documentation on this one. Not sure how these people drive/ride cars/bike or type on computer. Really weird stuff that can happen to any person.

Yea doing simple tasks with that disorder would make them near impossible. Depending on what type they have. Not that some people just have mild twitches and cannot move the hand on their own and thats it. While others with the more serious one can even cause harm to the person. Yea I don't think I would be doing any driving. If its an evil hand it might grab the wheel and drive you right into a tree. :)