xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Zagubadu?

The Shoutbox Now more broken then it was before

I know there has been some complaining about the Shoutbox about incorrect timestamps and some lag. :) Ooooooh. How about not being able to talk and causing each of your shouts to simply duplicate the shouts of other people. Furthermore finally being able to send and see a shout ( But sometimes able to send shouts which other people can see but you yourself cannot ) just to have it disapear the next time the page is reloaded. I am kind of annoyed that I cannot send shouts or anything. Messaged Opah Q and I think he ran away before being able to read my message. So Im sticking to pming the people I need to talk to and would really like for this to be fixed.Currently using Firefox most current version. Windows 7. Not sure if this matters just want to try and get this problem fixed. ( Old shoutbox? )

Can't we remove the timestamp in it and install just plain chatbox without timestamp arrangement. Post that gets posted should be ordered i mean whatever ways old chatbox used to work. I think this time SB needs serious fix. Maybe those who have any idea of Shoutbox (IPB) should start suggesting alternative to this shoutbox so that Xisto coders can't waste time fixing this.

They should go dig out the old Shout Box from where they threw it away. I kind of want a reason for the changing of the shout box. Its hard to remember, but I think the old one by default there was no timestamps but you could make it so there was. And besides a few visual things it was the exact same. I am just really frustrated no being able to say anything at all in it.

They should go dig out the old Shout Box from where they threw it away. I kind of want a reason for the changing of the shout box. Its hard to remember, but I think the old one by default there was no timestamps but you could make it so there was. And besides a few visual things it was the exact same. I am just really frustrated no being able to say anything at all in it.

yeah I also experience the chatbox is bug and have a lot of error xD sometimes i cant see my own chat and sometimes
when i want to shout a message will pop up that I must wait 700 seconds in order for me to shout.. but I am not spamming la xD
sometimes the other users when I see their shout its more than 10? is it me? or they are just shouting ridiculously? maybe
its me I know Old trap members are not spammers in chatbox I hope this problem will get fixed soon so that we can enjoy it more

Instead of 'digging out the old shoutbox from where they threw it away' a Admin such as Opaque or BuffaloHelp can install the original script in the shoutbox located,probably in the index.php, i don't know really now where it is , but it might just help. Also, you can update the current shoutbox with a newer edition or we might as get a new shoutbox, as i am sure there are plenty of free shoutboxs available and we can adjust them to our liking. Or, we can fix this bug with a help or a expert (unlike me) and or by tutorial.

Now that i realize it, we even might as well edit the script so the time stamp doesn't come. :)
Edited by deadmad7 (see edit history)

Instead of 'digging out the old shoutbox from where they threw it away' a Admin such as Opaque or BuffaloHelp can install the original script in the shoutbox located,probably in the index.php, i don't know really now where it is , but it might just help. Also, you can update the current shoutbox with a newer edition or we might as get a new shoutbox, as i am sure there are plenty of free shoutboxs available and we can adjust them to our liking. Or, we can fix this bug with a help or a expert (unlike me) and or by tutorial.

Now that i realize it, we even might as well edit the script so the time stamp doesn't come. :D

maybe theres a new updated chat script? no? maybe the admin must go look at it so the newer the version the better
isn't it? and the forum uses IPB if am wrong? theres a lot of chat script there compatible with this forum script
correct me if im wrong thank you :)

Now let's help the admins find such script which is much better and has no such issues of timestamping. Anyone have any idea of script like that ? Post your ideas and give some suggestions to admin instead of chating on other things on threads.

One i found one, maybe that will work for now. They just need to edit and add it to login system so that we can have chat immediately instead of having to type nickname as well. I guess there are some other coders who knows about some good shoutbox that we can add here.

Edited by mahesh2k (see edit history)

There are quite a few errors present in the shoutbox. Though, I'm not sure if there are any better ones for IPB 2.3. Furthermore, I think Opaque should go ahead and update the forum software to 3.0 and then use the shoutbox that is out for that version of Invision Power Board.

Can't we remove the timestamp in it and install just plain chatbox without timestamp arrangement. Post that gets posted should be ordered i mean whatever ways old chatbox used to work. I think this time SB needs serious fix. Maybe those who have any idea of Shoutbox (IPB) should start suggesting alternative to this shoutbox so that Xisto coders can't waste time fixing this.

wow I feel ignored http://forums.xisto.com/topic/69664-new-shoutbox/

Glad I am not the only one receiving major malfunctions from the shout box. Yea some people are having some trouble with the timing but I still cannot even shout at all. I have been silenced. :) Yea its weird because I don't think we've gotten any feed back by any admin right?

'ohh you open up a poll regarding this buggy chat box? ehe thank you sorry if I didn't saw it the first timeIm going to raise that topic of yours up by replying to your thread lets all support the poll guys
for us to have a better and new chat box so that our head will stop shaking about this annoying bug :)

Jhaslip has informed that you can just use Firefox 3.5.5. I recently switched back to Google Chrome and I had no problems. Now for whatever reason the shoutbox is once again messing up for me. So what about us Google Chrome users? I say the admin just change the shoutbox in whatever way that needs to be done in order to fix these problems.