xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
StvenWesley

How To Select Right Pdf To Excel Converter

Five tip need to think out.

1. Convenience

It is based on time expense and simplicity of the process. Online programs are not suggested, because it asks you to upload and download frequently and the process is uncontrollable. For convenience, most of the operating button should be in one panel providing direct instructions.

2. Efficiency and Reliability

Efficiency always means conversion speed and quantity. For example, zamzar.com, a free online program, can only convert one PDF to Excel at a time and would take you a long time to download the output document. Besides, reliability could be assured when confidential files are being uploaded online.

3. Advanced Functions

Check out whether the program supports batch conversion and encrypted PDF conversion or not, which usually are the advanced functions of PDF to Excel Converter. Actually few programs embody these advanced functions, just like zamzar.com mentioned above.

4. Budget

Free, as well as high price, is not desirable for users who want to improve efficiency in daily work or study. Free always means low efficiency and quality, like zamzer.com, while high price marks uneconomical for normal users, like Adobe Acrobat. Therefore, a better way is to choose a cost effective program.

5. Output Quality

Actually, not all software can preserve the original data and format well in Excel spreadsheet. Maybe the data is not accurate in Excel as in PDF or some will be lost in the conversion process. Besides, if the format is wrong, the output spreadsheet will be of no use.

Taking these five tips as reference, we would select a right program.

Instead of cumbersome batch conversion process, one can install PDF virtual driver that can interact as TWAIN compliant print driver. The benefit of PDF print driver is that one can print as PDF from any program under an operating system. It's as simple as Print > Print as PDF, which will create a PDF with adjustment to quality, layout, author information and even watermark.One such program is called BullZip, a free program, and there are other programs like this.The reliability of losing information or format is not an issue since if it can print, it will be converted. It's a virtual printer. And, best of all, it's not just Excel compatible. I'm sure there are PDF virtual driver for Macs as well.

I think he is saying that the software does the opposite. From a PDF document into an excel document, which to me sounds A.) pointless (most of the power of excel comes from cell interactions, formulae, graphs and additional data correlation) and B.) ridiculously lossy in that most of the data in a PDF document is not designed for excel, IE it isnt contained in cells or in the form of numbers and whatever data is contained within a table the converter needs to somehow identify the boundaries of the table with some sort of OCR type software and then read the data within the cells of the table and accurately plot that into Excel.Im not convinced. But then i havent tried it so i could be wrong.

Many office files are saved as PDF for distributions or archiving. The original files will not be kept, so if I have a software that can convert PDF back to the original file type, that maybe useful. For example, we sell thousands of products with constant price changes, we have to copy and paste page after page of price lists. But to the scanned PDF, OCR is needed, and usually the converted files are crappy, even if I have the Adobe Acrobat.