xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Zagubadu?

Few Questions About The Mycents

So couldn't help but notice that there is a still a request free web hosting forum. I thought it was all done through Xisto - Support.com?

It is all done via Xisto - Support.com now. I have absolutely no idea why the old forum is still there :) OpaQue or BuffaloHELP should be able to provide an answer to that one.

Posts and credit counts most likely, because the same could be said about the Army System forum as well since IPBgaming has been done forever and its not even hosted on this site at all either. Xisto dot NET Forum falls under that as well, should just delete it altogether since Qupis is the name that replaced it.

From what I have discussed with OpaQue, it's because if we blank it out or make it go away, we're going to have massive broken links.I am still unsure if we're keeping it this way or after few years OpaQue would know if it's alright to close those sections for good.Guys, remember OpaQue is all about SEO for Xisto forums. Moderators are always focused on contents and activities. What OpaQue does sometimes does not make sense. But he has his own reasons for doing. Therefore, until OpaQue makes the forum change or notifies me to hide sections not relevant anymore, I am not touching anything.

Well thanks for the help. Was just curious and wanted to make sure I wouldn't have to apply for hosting that way. I also second just hiding it. That wouldn't hurt anything and maybe my favorite forum would load just a little bit faster. :)

From what I have discussed with OpaQue, it's because if we blank it out or make it go away, we're going to have massive broken links.
I am still unsure if we're keeping it this way or after few years OpaQue would know if it's alright to close those sections for good.

Guys, remember OpaQue is all about SEO for Xisto forums. Moderators are always focused on contents and activities. What OpaQue does sometimes does not make sense. But he has his own reasons for doing. Therefore, until OpaQue makes the forum change or notifies me to hide sections not relevant anymore, I am not touching anything.

yeah I agree with you :D massive broken links will put this forum to destruction in Search Engines :)
so better not to close it or remove it for safety purpose however maybe you can do put some privilege or rule
where you only pick who can access that section?

broken links? i think it would have to do more about attracting visitors. there is a ton of posts in that catagory. i think opa would be losing a lot of visitors if he got rid of the whole thing. also, after we got rid of the old credit and webhosting system, there are already a bunch of dead links in the serps. those who didn't sign up with the new system.i think you actually create more dead links by keeping the threads open because the pages will include all the subdomains when they first requested hosting. so i think it is for seo purposes. and another way for visitors to find trap. if google were to have found all the dead links, it could hurt seo, but not compared to destroying all the threads in that catagory for visitor purposes because there is still content and the content is related to a few good keywords.it is definately misleading though. and not relevant to the forum, new or old users. people come here still confused about the mycents even though there are posts out there to explain everything clearly.now, in my opinion, trap may have to bite the bullet on seo one day. if that is true, then it's best done sooner than later so you can restore it earlier than later along with other thought out plans for the future of the Xisto forums.

broken links? i think it would have to do more about attracting visitors. there is a ton of posts in that catagory. i think opa would be losing a lot of visitors if he got rid of the whole thing. also, after we got rid of the old credit and webhosting system, there are already a bunch of dead links in the serps. those who didn't sign up with the new system.
i think you actually create more dead links by keeping the threads open because the pages will include all the subdomains when they first requested hosting. so i think it is for seo purposes. and another way for visitors to find trap. if google were to have found all the dead links, it could hurt seo, but not compared to destroying all the threads in that catagory for visitor purposes because there is still content and the content is related to a few good keywords.

it is definately misleading though. and not relevant to the forum, new or old users. people come here still confused about the mycents even though there are posts out there to explain everything clearly.

now, in my opinion, trap may have to bite the bullet on seo one day. if that is true, then it's best done sooner than later so you can restore it earlier than later along with other thought out plans for the future of the Xisto forums.

your also right there are a lot of keywords and rich contents in that section and opaque don't want to lose those
thing :) for visitors purpose since that section is all about requesting a host and a domain because many end users today
use to find free hostin and domain like me I just search on google because many of us wants free right? (like me)
well maybe that opaque is good in SEO and knows what to do mmm

broken links? i think it would have to do more about attracting visitors. there is a ton of posts in that catagory. i think opa would be losing a lot of visitors if he got rid of the whole thing. also, after we got rid of the old credit and webhosting system, there are already a bunch of dead links in the serps. those who didn't sign up with the new system.
i think you actually create more dead links by keeping the threads open because the pages will include all the subdomains when they first requested hosting. so i think it is for seo purposes. and another way for visitors to find trap. if google were to have found all the dead links, it could hurt seo, but not compared to destroying all the threads in that catagory for visitor purposes because there is still content and the content is related to a few good keywords.

it is definately misleading though. and not relevant to the forum, new or old users. people come here still confused about the mycents even though there are posts out there to explain everything clearly.

now, in my opinion, trap may have to bite the bullet on seo one day. if that is true, then it's best done sooner than later so you can restore it earlier than later along with other thought out plans for the future of the Xisto forums.

It should be removed or hidden eventually. When I signed up a few days ago, it was confusing me how the system worked here. I signed up at the xisto, but then I saw the forum to request web hosting, and I assumed you would need both, at first. It might only confuse the new members to Xisto, if anything. I was reading through that forum though, and although it must have been a slight bit harder to attain web hosting, it didn't seem *that* hard. The only rejections I saw were from people who wrote a one-liner request, and had less than 5 posts.