xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
unwanted_flower

Why Do People Cheat ? is it that they are not happy with one there with ?

why do people cheat ?or why do they have diffrence in cheating respects ?it is sad to be in relationship and find out you are not perfect and the one you love is searching for that perfect mate .then why committed to relationship when not sure that is love of your life ?can anyone offer advice on this ?

Well I agree cheating is a big problem and having never cheated on anyone and to the best of my knowledge been cheated on I can't say for why exactly. I will add that Humans aren't sexually monogamous. Social monogamy is in our nature however, which is what cheating falls under.

Thats the scientific reasons, and if your interested this article: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ you must remember that we are products of evolution and although we have the ability to go against our own nature, it doesn't make it easy. and it doesn't make you any less guilty of wrongdoing it's just a scientific viewpoint on it.

Well I agree cheating is a big problem and having never cheated on anyone and to the best of my knowledge been cheated on I can't say for why exactly. I will add that Humans aren't sexually monogamous. Social monogamy is in our nature however, which is what cheating falls under.

Thats the scientific reasons, and if your interested this article: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ you must remember that we are products of evolution and although we have the ability to go against our own nature, it doesn't make it easy. and it doesn't make you any less guilty of wrongdoing it's just a scientific viewpoint on it.

I will not hijack this thread and turn it into an creation versus evolution debate. But i am going to say that i do not agree with the evolution theory. Just because you believe you evolved from a monkey doesn't mean it is true. Or that I and everyone else are required to believe it.

I think it is more simple, such as people cheat because they are unsatisfied with their current partner. Because if you are truly happy with your current relationship then you aren't going to risk ruining that happiness with someone. It also has to do with self respect and respect for your partner.

well what happens most of the time is that people lose focus and drift away in different directions.I've been part of a relationship that i really was into at first and wanted to do whatever to keep it afloat but after a few months, i was really fed up and wanted something new, the perfect soulmate.making it past the honeymoon phase is not at all easy!! Its the true mark of a true relationship and once people overcome and accept each other for what they're...together with the good and the bad...then everything will be good.Another sad reason is that people pretend at first and give an impression of being the perfect match when deep inside they know they got issues. this can really force the other person to cheat. The reason behind the cheating is not to hurt the other by telling them its over but rather thinking, i'll stick around with her and just find someone to try out if it works or not. of course this is bad...i'd appreciate if people just came out in the open and discuss whatever issues on the table.

But i am going to say that i do not agree with the evolution theory. Just because you believe you evolved from a monkey doesn't mean it is true. Or that I and everyone else are required to believe it.

I don't believe we evolved from modern day monkeys or monkeys in the sense you are speak and neither does anyone else who has any basic understanding of evolution, the "Monkeys" we evolved from are in fact now extinct, and are referred to casually as Old World Monkeys. Secondly, you're right just because I believe it doesn't make it true, what does make it true however is the insurmountable amount of evidence among many fields within biology that has established evolution i.e. change over time is a fact and micro evolution and macro evolution have both been observed and you can look all this up for yourself.

You aren't required to believe it however, you are required to admit that you are ignorant of evolution. You are also required to realise that by not believing you are disbelieving a scientific fact (Evolution i.e. change over time, speciation and genetic mutation are all fact however, it is a theory as many part of evolution are not facts and are still debated by scientist i.e. aspects of social evolution). There are also countless examples of intermediate fossils and we have a very and increasingly full fossil record showing gradual evolution of species.

So my reason is valid and your reason is also valid but I would say yours is the thought process and mine is the genetic reason, both are related.
Edited by kobra500 (see edit history)

people cheat because they like to prey on weaker people and then as anwii calls them predator will devour the weak. THe reason they cheat is not really obvious some do it to spice up their lives some cause they just cant let a skirt walk past, some people cheat because they have low self esteem and find esteem if they get little bits of approval from here and there and have the 100 units of approval. If only the cheats realised that cheating on a partner hurts the victims big time then they would not cheat because for those victims its real and the pain leaves deep scars.

i can't accept cheating in all kinds or in any way. i know one fact, that if you are not satisfied with your relationship with your partner, either you are married or only in any relationship, then you should be honest with yourself and your partner and tell him/her how do you feel and try to fix things, if you couldn't then just leave him and find you a new life and let him/her to find a one too.but cheating is absolutely no, cheating will hurt you both, and will only left hurt and sadness. and worse it shows how you disrespect the other part and how much your relationship is weak. another point about cheating, if you cheat on your partner and felt guilty and knew you made something wrong then again you should be honest to him/her and tell him/her what did you do and why, this way you will give him the choice to be with you or not anymore, just like you made the choice of cheating on him/her. even that may destroy the whole relationship but better than live in a lie the rest of your life. besides if he/she decided to make a new beginning together then you will have a new life based on trust and respect, not on cheating or lies.

People cheat due to many reasons.Some cheat because they are not able to accept the reality and to run away from that, deny the truth and cheat.Some cheat when they do not want to hurt their partner and for that they hide some of the things which gradually become a habit and the day when the things come out..the pain is more...Some cheat because they get better options and are tempted to it.Some cheat because they enjoy cheating and they find it is really a fun cheating.Some are evil souls and love to bother other so they cheat.Cheating is everywhere in all the relations.If we keep in mind that human hurt is the most delicate thing to hurt we will stop doing that.Be realistic and accept the good and the bad