xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Nameless_

Nameless_'s Thread On Making Money On The Internet The journey of a newbie that needs help getting started

Hello... people!!! :) I guess I'm going in circles, over and over and over again. :D It's a never ending circle with NO solutions whatsoever. For me, that is. :( But anyway, today, I am opening this new thread, where I hope I can post my questions on how to make money online for charity purposes and all that, as well as getting a steady income over a period of time, that does NOT include useless making money sites like PTCs at all. :PFeel free to comment. Currently, I am stuck on GDI, but thanks to a Dr. Phil Wannabe member, I am led astray from this path. I don't know if it is a good thing of a bad thing, but I guess trying out the seven day trial thing wouldn't hurt. But then, I still don't know what domain I should get, even if it's for the 7 day trail. :DI am hoping that I will be able to get a steady stream of income that isn't like, pennies, and it seems to me that most of the members here are rather, if I might say, experienced, in this field... and this forum is also very friendly and helpful. :D I owe you a lot. So please don't mind if I add some more owe-ing into the pot of nameless debts that I have already. :P Feel free to comment, and give suggestions in making a proper money making income?Thanks a lot!!!

We'd all like to make money online, but it seems so difficult to star with. Everybody says that all you need is a good website and update it often but, I don't know anymore. It seems like the trick is in the Search Engine Optimization (SEO) but that's a tough subjects for beginners, even if they've got good websites. I'm starting over with my site and I'm going to work on it for the next 3 years and hopefully make some income. If I had a chance to work on it full-time(7-8 hours a day), I think that I would of got far. But most of the people do this as a hobby and don't take it seriously and that's why all of our websites are forgotten.

Edited by ackotheadvertiser (see edit history)

When I first read Google webmaster guidelines, through the tutorial it was often repeated a phrase like this "high quality original content", and write for people and not search engines. Just make sure to make a often updated and with lots of original content, and you'll get traffic and earn some money, but thats the hardest part.

Google AdSense is the Google program where you can host pay-per-click ads on your Website. When someone clicks an ad, you earn money. Simple as that.

To make money with Google AdSense you need alot of of traffic coming in to your site or there won't be anyone to click the ads.

If you offer products or services on your Website, the first thing you'll notice when you begin hosting PPC ads is that many of the ads are coming from your competitors. Therefore, you'll want to put ads on pages that aren't earning you any money, or do like I did and not put ads on your site until you're so busy anyway you'd rather make a few dollars off of your competitors than to continue turning business away with nothing to show for it.

It's also important to have good ads that relate to the content on your site and that people will probably click. (or there will be no point, will it?) You can also make money from Google Adsense (content,search) or Google Referrals.

Yahoo and MSN have similar programs, although those programs aren't as well-developed as Google AdSense and there aren't as many available advertisers to display ads on your site. The fundamentals for making money are the same: You still need plenty of traffic, you still need high-paying ads, and you still need to design your site to harmonize with the ads to get people to click.

There are plenty of sites to choose from , so if google denies you , try yahoo or clickstor.

Tips & Warnings
Be patient and focus on building content and traffic and the advertisers will come
This is not a ban on Google. If you have a Google Adsense account then use it to make money also.
Avoid clicking type clubs that promote clicking on ads to make more money. This is fraud and how I lost my Google Adsense account. I was led to believe that it was legit. Don't make the same mistake.

Hmm... OK, that's great. I'm still trying to figure out a way to earn some money off my blog without spamming it full with ads and make the whole thing look spammy. It looks OK to me now, but I don't think it will soon. And other than making money via making a website, are there any other making money techniques that I can use? Like Internet Marketing or something else like that?

Hmm... OK, that's great. I'm still trying to figure out a way to earn some money off my blog without spamming it full with ads and make the whole thing look spammy. It looks OK to me now, but I don't think it will soon. And other than making money via making a website, are there any other making money techniques that I can use? Like Internet Marketing or something else like that?

There are many different ways to make money on the internet, the most obvious being, of course, selling products. If you would like to make money on the internet by being a seller, you have a few choices. You can set up your own business and sell directly from your own website, you can sign up for an affiliate program and sell on behalf of other businesses, and you can sell on eBay.

If you have your own products or services, and you want to sell and run your own small business, then the first option would probably be your best bet. Youll need to select a catchy, easy-to-remember domain name for your website. Keep it short, simple, and to the point, but at the same time, make it interesting. The more simple yet interesting you make your URL, the more money you can make on the internet.The another way you can make money on the internet is by selling on eBay. In case you havent noticed, almost everything is sold on eBay these days. You can either establish a good relationship with a wholesale and dropshipping service, or you can stock up on flea market and garage sale items. Some are even making tons of money on the internet by buying foreclosed homes at cheap prices and then reselling them for twice as much on eBay.

No matter how you choose to make your money on the internet, just remember to stay focused and calm, no matter what. Dont become frustrated if you start out slow; remember: even the top entrepreneurs go through slow periods at times. Youll succeed eventually, just as long as you stick with it!

@eddygavin: I know of a great PTC business that doesn't scam people and actually pays well. It's the only thing that gave me my $30 bucks in my account in two months. :P Other than that... well, as you can see, I'm still finding other ways to make money online. :D I can't rely solely on that PTC business, can I?

If you have your own products or services, and you want to sell and run your own small business, then the first option would probably be your best bet. You'll need to select a catchy, easy-to-remember domain name for your website. Keep it short, simple, and to the point, but at the same time, make it interesting. The more simple yet interesting you make your URL, the more money you can make on the internet.The another way you can make money on the internet is by selling on eBay. In case you haven't noticed, almost everything is sold on eBay these days. You can either establish a good relationship with a wholesale and dropshipping service, or you can stock up on flea market and garage sale items. Some are even making tons of money on the internet by buying foreclosed homes at cheap prices and then reselling them for twice as much on eBay.

That is great!!! But the point is, I don't think I have anything to sell. And I have to ask for permission first. Plus, this isn't making money from nothing. It's making money from the stuff I have at home. I don't think my parents will approve though. :) But I like the domain suggestions. :(

I believe that eBay is a great way to sell online. But only if you have something to sell. If you don't? Well... I guess I just have to stick to affliate marketing and other stuff. :P Still working on it.

Talking about being a seller, that is currently what i am doing right now, and just got my very first IDR 50000 (that's about USD $5) on my first week. I don't know whether there will be the second one though, well i do hope it will worked out good :P'Selling' is not only about 'what you have'. Now, in this funny world, you can sell ALMOST everything as long as there is someone who will buy it. It doesn't matter what the thing is. It can be food (make some tasty ones and sell then), games (distribute or create), software and hardwares, or even your computer (ok, don't do this unless you're desperate).Well that's the thing here: sell what they (maybe) want to buy. People at this era are kind of lazy and think that they are so important and always busy to do things, so there are chances where you can also sell your time for them. Again, it's about what they want to buy, not what you have to sell. :)And Isn't it nice when you have connected to the internet? You don't have to have huge space to open your shop or huge storage to put your stuff in. That is, if you just want to run small business for maintaining your site.You can also be the affiliate/middle-man/third person (sorry, i don't know what it is called in english, those people who be the connector between the customer and the supplier) and take some commission there. At this rate, you don't even have to have 'something' to sell, what you need is people trust so they want to make business with you :( Anyway, good luck :D

I would love to make money online, easily. But the truth is, it is not easy, AT ALL. AdSense works for some people, but you need a lot of traffic to your site daily, or you won't be making anything. And online surveys? Heck no! Those are all scams. They force you to fill out all these forms, and you barely get paid anything, and a lot of them require you to buy something. Or, they want your credit care ##'s, but claim they won't charge you. If they aren't going to charge you, what do they need your credit card numbers for? Until the day I find a legitimate money making online website, I won't believe that it is possible.

Hmm... thanks for the reply, guys. :) I mean, the only way that I make money online now is working on a certain PTC business that pays 0.25 dollars per click and pays out at 60 clicks. It's really cool, but that is only because I don't have any other ways to earn money online. I get around $15 bucks per month and that is all. I think that is enough to host my blog, but I still need more for other ways to earn money online and stuff.

well GDI is old and many users/persons already knows about it and mm its hard to sell something but you cando try it if you want and share the good news to us if your successful into it :).you can also do blogging in that domain you purchase into GDI and in case of choosing domain namesbe sure to choose the right one, think of what will you blog about? whats your blog all about? in what genre your blog?and what contents you will put into your blog? Maybe it can help you out on thinking the right domain name you want :D .Domain name is a big and really help SEO and so choose wisely my dear ok?

Yea make a website interesting enough that you get good traffic. Ads on the site. I wish it was as simple as how I just said it. But its not and I have failed miserable multiple times at it. I guess there is just too much out there. This time when I try I am going to post a lot more in the forums before jumping right off to making a site. So I can see other peoples website how they design and made them. To maybe give me a better idea.