xisto Community
Baniboy

Finally! It's Here! my website

Give me your opinion about the new look I've designed, please.

Posted Image

Looking good, though that WordPress logo in the background seems a bit odd being there. I would only suggest a slight modification to the navigation, the margin or padding used to spread the navigation items apart, make that padding for the anchors themselves. And for the ones in the blue area, have the padding stretch from top to bottom. The turquoise-like "bar" at the top, are you going to be using it for something? If not, i would recommend reducing its height.

If you visit the site (hahaa, I'm luring people in there), you can see that the images are related to the articles there. So I have the WP logo there next to a WP-themed post, I have the final product of a graphics tutorial next to its introduction etc. I moved the images to the right to make it easier to understand.I reduced the height of the bar to 16px. I'm using the padding for the anchors now and resized the padding. Is power tasting good, tf? Me doing everything you tell me to do :D Just kidding. :)

Edited by Baniboy (see edit history)

If you visit the site (hahaa, I'm luring people in there), you can see that the images are related to the articles there. So I have the WP logo there next to a WP-themed post, I have the final product of a graphics tutorial next to its introduction etc.

Oh, i get it now. And i noticed you moved them to the left of the post now. That makes it more obvious.

Is power tasting good, tf? Me doing everything you tell me to do :P Just kidding. :)

Do you cook? :(:D

Hey Bani!!! Congratulations on your site. I guess it's going very well. :) I think it would be better if you took away the shiny, angelic feel of your site though. I think it's the gradient that's the problem. I makes your site seem angelic. The black banner at the bottom would be better of as a more solid banner as welll. Other than that... I have no comments. :( Nameless_i'll leave it up to the experts. :P:D

I enjoy the simplicity of it, actually.However... the only thing I don't like (it's a very minor thing, and it's just a matter of preferance) is the "click" and "w" pictures in those certain places. Maybe it would look better on the right side of the text? Or above? It's just my personal view on it though. :)

Nameless, the angelic feel is kind of intentional(heavenly blue :) ). You don't have to worry for long tho, a new layout is coming soon!(yes, again). In the meantime, why don't you try out some of those tutorials there, birds whispered to me that you want to learn more about web development.DevilMade, the images are placed there because they are related to the article. I had placed them on the right, but another member said that they look weird that way. Putting them above the text is even more weird. Anyway, I'm not going to change that yet, but I'll try to find a way to present them in a way that doesn't annoy people.Thanks for your comments!

Edited by Baniboy (see edit history)