xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
rob86

Snoopy Named "top Dog" Of Pop Culture Top ten list of Pop Culture dogs.

Snoopy the famous beagle (who either is in denial or isn't really a beagle, he's insulted by being called a beagle in the earliest strips) was voted Top Dog of popular culture in an American Kennel Club online poll. I don't think I could disagree with that, Snoopy's image has been around in my life at pretty much every stage since birth, whether it's on t-shirts, stickers, or whatever. Plus, I read Peanuts in it's entirety so I've seen a lot of Snoopy. No matter how old I get, Snoopy keeps his appeal.

I don't agree with the rest of the list however. Who the heck is Reveille? Jack the Bulldog? You can tell this list was mostly voted on by Americans.

Scooby dooooby doo is definitely a familiar pooch for me, I'm not sure if he deserves to be so high, but maybe.

What about Cujo? I thought he was a pretty memorable dog, but maybe AKC was going for a little less bloodthirsty candidates.

I guess the paintings are pretty memorable, as is the doggie in the window song.

What about the Border Collie's in Babe? They're very memorable for me, I'm a BC owner.. always been fascinated by this breed. I wouldn't mind adding some more BC's to the list.

What about old classics like Lassie? Old Yeller? How the heck could they not be on the list? Who voted for these, kids? They were old when I was born, but I still realize the impact they had on American culture. It's a bit disturbing that these inspiring family classics have been replaced by some of the pop culture icons on THIS list. I'm sure there are a lot more famous dogs, but I can't think of any right now .....

Anyway, the list is kind of weird. Who let the dogs out is one of the top 10 most memorable canine pop culture references? Uh, okay. I thought it was just some dumb song they played during sports practice when I was a teenager. Brian Griffin? Well, maybe, but I'm not sure if he's really a good representative for canine culture, he's more human than dog!

Here's the list:

1. Snoopy
2. Texas A&M's Reveille

3. Scooby Doo

4. Eddie from the TV show "Frasier"

5. Pound Puppy toys

6. Painting "Dogs Playing Poker"

7. Song "How Much is that Doggie in the Window"

8. Georgetown's Jack the Bulldog

9. The song "Who Let the Dogs Out"

10. Brian Griffin from the animated TV show Family Guy

What do you think of this list? Do you agree with it, or do you have any additions?

Snoopy is the BEST! BTW i have snoopy bed , full with pillows, no its not kidish. Heres my list:- 1.Snoopy2. Scooby3. Brian4. Pluto5.Goofy

Eeek, that list sucks! Ok, I can see Snoopy, but good grief Charlie Brown, several on the list aren?t even actually dogs, not even cartoon dogs. You have a couple of songs, and a painting? Which isn?t even a very good painting, I actually have that one, dogs look silly in clothes.Who is Georgetown?s Jack the bulldog? Would that happen to be that bulldog that taught himself to ride a skate board? If that?s who it is, I?m ok with that one, that is a really cool trick especially for something as natural born clumsy as a bulldog.Never even heard of Texas A&M's Reveille. Eddie from the TV show Frazier is pretty cute, but he made for a lot of unhappy pet owners when they got Jacks of their own and found out how full of energy and devilment the breed is. They are holy terrors. Eddie, and another TV Jack Russell, Wishbone, are both extremely well trained dogs, and appear to be calm and very obedient dogs, but I can tell you that is not the case with Jack Russell?s without a LOT of training. I would rather see dogs like Hooch, Rin Tin Tin, Lassie, Old Yeller, and of course, the Irish Terrier from Fire House Dog on the list. Heck, even Benji! Of course in this day and age, a movie like Old Yeller could no longer be made. (those fight scenes were not fake, folks.) Animal rights people would never allow that sort of thing to happen. And after ?Married with Children? and Chuck Norris?s ?Top Cop? Briards should of made the list too. And if everybody wasn?t so hot to Bush Bash, that adorable little Scottie of his that did a Christmas show every year giving a tour of the white house should of made the list too.

And how about one more to the list. Giant George.

Weighing in at over 245 pounds and standing over 43 inches tall, MEET GEORGE, The Guinness World Record Holder for Tallest Living Dog & Tallest Dog Ever.

Read