xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
filmdesire

Logitech's Warranty Service And Department we are here to satisfy your experience with Logitech

An obviously great customer service representative, and a company which selectively employs not only great people but great policies.You will not believe how hard it is to find such services. Not all of the companies at the top offer such pleasant services. Usually the ones abroad carry more delicacy when handling their customer queries - usually to portray a friendly and pleasant image of their company to westerners. However if you look closely, many HIGH STATUS companies like Sony, GHD, Samsung find that quarrelling with the customer and facing a small court charge is to much hassle, instead to confess your sins and pay out or replace.It leaves the customer happy - and helps word of mouth.Weird thing is, NOT EVERYONE will realise how important customer service can be!:)

Not so long ago I purchased Logitech's wireless keyboard and mouse combination. Model EX110 is the combination I purchased. I have been using it at one of my workstations and have been fairly satisfied with the product. Nice soft keyboard action, smooth but precise mouse movement and good signal reception considering that I have so many things around this workstation.A week ago my keyboard stopped working. I cannot say what caused it but all I know was certain key groups were not working. Groups like ASDF, JKL; all side number pads, couldn't use left side shift, control, alt etc.Faced with few possibilities I decided to call the tech support. I went to the website and all I found was non-800 number. I'd figured I had nothing to lose I called and waited. The reason I was prepared to wait was because we all have been there: "We are experiencing unexpected amount of calls and your call will be answered by one of our customer agents in X number minutes.""Thank you for calling Logitech. Please chose from the following menu..." Just 4 clicks later, I was talking to a customer agent. Yes, a live customer agent! I couldn't believe it. The customer agent asked me few questions like when I purchased, if I registered the product, my model number, product ID number, my operating system and what's the problem.After explaining my issue the customer agent wanted to walk though just few steps. She asked me to run the software that was installed and asked me to perform few steps. After which, she concluded that it was a hardware failure and asked me if she can send me a new one as a replacement. A replacement? What now? I have never experienced this quick turnaround with a warranty department. She also asked if the model EX 110 is not available it would be alright to send the next version in the similar product. "Sure" I said! Twist my arm and try to give me a new and updated keyboard and mouse.An email arrived the next day my item was shipped. The email provided with a tracking number which was scheduled to arrive the following Tuesday. I called Logitech on Tuesday, just before Christmas.Can I say, WOW??!! With the product support like this, how can I NOT go with Logitech next time? This one, maybe insignificant call, has made me Logitech user for life!And you know the best part? While I was on the phone with the agent I jokingly said, "you are awesome! I really appreciate taking care of my issue this quickly." And she replied, "oh that's no problem. We are here to satisfy your experience with Logitech." How cool was that?

Extremely bad customer service from logitechLogitech's Warranty Service And Department

Let me share my very bad experience with logitech customer service...My harmony 525 remote failed on friday 16th apr 2010. I called tech support (mind you they make it so user friendly that you have to login to harmony software in order to find the support number to call.) and after asking me to go through some standard procedures which I've already done myself, they finally gave me an incident number 100416-003989. I was asked to head down to challenger superstore where I purchased my remote to get the replacement done.Come sunday 18th apr 2010, armed with receipt and the remote I went down to challenger. The customer service of challenger checked through their chain of stores and informed me that they do not have a single piece of stock for the 525 model. They were kind enough to loan me a brand new unit of harmony 885 to tide me through while they sort out the warranty/replacement with logitech. Went home with the 885, charged and programmed the remote and discovered that it did not function properly (unlucky perhaps).The following tue 20th apr 2010, got a call from challenger and was informed that logitech told them I've to wait 3 to 4 weeks to rma the remote as logitech also does not have stock as well. They suggested I call logitech again if I need to expediate the replacement.Called logitech on the same day 20th apr 2010. Was asked the same ton of pesky questions to verify my account & incident even though they have already asked me for my incident number. Anyway, after some conversation with the tech support officer marco pangilian, macro told me that there is nothing more they can do and will have to escalate to level2 support. When I asked him for an estimated timeline for a reply, he couldn't give one and just told me to wait. I wasn't pleased with that answer and asked to speak to a supervisor. Surprisely, there wasn't one available even though its their working hours. Marco managed to find a supervisor from peripherals by the name of lynnet and she assured me that she will escalate this incident to level2 and will get a supervisor from harmony to call me. She asked me when I'ld like to be contacted and I told her 7pm after learning from her the next supervisor is supposed to come in at 7pm and 9pm another.Waited till 7:30'ish pm and no one called, frustrated, I called back tech support as tech support will close at 8pm sharp in my timezone. Joyce kalasu (or something) a technical support officer answered the call and told me there are no supervisors around and the 7pm didn't come in. She asked me to wait for the 9pm supervisor and if no one calls, someone should call me the next day.Waited again and at about 9:15pm, a supervisor - Mia from harmony called and at approximately the same time, I received an email informing me that I've to get my remote replaced at a ban leong which is a different company from where I purchased my remote. I asked mia to make arrangement for the replacement to be send to challenger instead because of the following reasons1. Challenger where I bought my remote from and ban leong whom they arranged for me to get my replacement is very far away from each other, and2. I've to return the remote which challenger loaned me, and3. I shouldn't be asked to collect the defective unit from challenger and bring it to ban leong to get replacement as this should be done by logitechMia said that's all she can do and anyway this case is off her hands (in her own words), so I have the option to either do the legwork myself and get my replacement from ban leong OR to wait 3 to 4 wks for a replacement which logitech is not even sure to commit. I told her since its off her hands, I need to speak someone who can make the decision and help me out. Mia simply ask me to reply to that email which I received and someone will get in touch with me to help. When I asked her if I'll get a response immediate via the email channel and is it realtime because I'm done waiting, to this she replied "yes". Unconvinced, I've asked her to get someone else who can make decision to call me instead and she said she will put in a remark. I've also asked for a channel I can go to to file a customer complain, to that she said there is none available. To that end I told her off that if logitech is expecting the customer to sort out the logistics, then it is only fair that logitech compensate me with an higher end model remote for all the work that should have been done by logitech themselves, but are not willing to. After ending that conversation, I've replied to the email as suggested by mia and also mentioned that if they want me to hand the logistics, then I should be compensated. Waited till 1212am (21st apr 2010) and unsurprisingly, there was no reply or calls. No one cares I guess.About 1:51am my time, I recieved an email reply and the customer support told me that if I want an upgraded remote, then I have to call HK to sort things out. There was NO mention that logitech is going to sort out the logistics issue in that email (which I'll attached later on).21st apr 2010, 9'ish am, I called tech support again...This time I asked them who or which department I should ask for if I do call HK. No one knows.Frustrated, at 11'ish am to 12'ish pm I attempted to call HK out of my own expense. After listening to some cantonese and some button pressing, finally got through to someone from sales & customer support I think...Mareen (spell correctly?) was the person whom I spoke to and after some struggling with language problems...She managed to tell me to drop an email to rma@star-ww.Com as Tony Tong the manager in charge is out for lunch. She also mentioned that she will inform Tony and I'll get my reply once he is back. I dropped an email to that account and...It's 4:37pm now and I've not gotten any reply either through emails or calls. I've tried calling HK just a while ago and was put on hold for more than 5mins! Who is going to pay for the overseas charges?Now, I'm seriously very unhappy with logitech service and the way the support personnel handles this incident. As stated previously, I'll post this whole incident to other forums and websites and keep the progress updated. From now on, I'll not be buying anymore logitech device.If I'm unable to get this issue resolved in a satisfactory manner, I'll make it a mission to spread this incident to all related forums.PS: it's 5:17pm and I've just called HK again and after putting me on long hold many times, Mareen told me she will get her manager Tony to drop me an email. Anyway I was given a HK numbre and it ended up in Guang Zhou. I spent a total of more than 22mins with her trying to figure what each other is saying...My God what an experience.