xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

my window xp sp2 key is being rejected, why. Hard Drive Lock Problem ?

my window xp sp2 key is being rejected, why.Hard Drive Lock Problem ?

my laptop is gateway, with window xp 2005, but I want to format it with window xp sp2, but it is rejecting the  window xp sp2 key, what can I do or am still not having the right key,

it start the installation but when it get to enter product key it stop automatically.

pls help me out.,

I try to go to the bios but the hard disk there is lock what can I do. To format my pc 

-question by Adapson

maybe hardisk problem, or your key isn't compatible, or virus in your bios....... remove the battery inside your cpu that will reset your bios. next boot up with windows 98 or xp disk and format the whole drive. even partition and recreate everything anew

Remember that formatting the hardrive deletes EVERYTHING so if you cant get windows to re-install you will need to buy another disc and key.

If the installation process rejects the product key, that means one of two things: You have a fake or invalid key, or you have a valid key but it is not meant for the operating system version you are trying to install.

Or maybe the new Windows-CD is an OEM-Version of a different computer. E.g. you buy a new computer which has Windows on it. Then the registration-key is most likely bound to the serial number of the mainboard. If you want to use it with a different computer, or a new mainboard, you need a new key. Microsoft has a hotline for that, I did that years back, but now I can't find the number anymore, sorry!If you don't have a Win98 CD you can also use any Linux Live-CD to format the drive. I like Ubuntu most for example.

Follow these steps for reformatting your harddrive:1) Insert the XP disc in your drive.2) Restart Computer.3) Keep tapping F12 as your computer powers back un until you hear a beep.4) A list of options will show up, go down with your arrow keys to the option "Run from CD or USB drive" and press enter. (This option may be different, but means the same thing)5) Follow the wizard for installing the new OS, you must install it on C://This will install the operating system and it will not ask for a key.

Well my recomendations are these... First if you have the enough money go to a store and buy the new version of vista or try to buy a new license in the internet in the windows update page... My other recomendation is go to a warez site and search for a script that allows you validate your windows illegally...I did it but it worked only one and I decided to buy a new license of windows 7 because I was tired of all that messages where you are asked to buy a new license with windows.If you have problems when you are trying to install the windows please go to a forum and search for some corporative key that usually works and restart the installation process once you installed the windows illegally go to windows update and send a message to the microsoft support explaining your problem and ask them for an update of your product key that usually is send to your e-mail.I hope my tips can help you.Regards