xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
filmdesire

Pope 'knocked' Down By 'crazed' Woman! A Christmas Eve Shocker

During the Christmas Eve mass at Vatican - the Pope was unexpectedly put off balance by a woman jumping the barriers, causing the Pope to go off balance and fall to the ground at the walkway.

The woman and the Pope were taken to hospital after which the woman was arrested for questioning, suspected of mental illness - and may have links with a previous attack.

The Pope (Benedict) was unhurt, however questions about security in Italy have been raised, recalling the not-so far gone events that resulted in the prime minister Silvio Berlusconi's injuries - which raises further questions about crowds, violence and security.

Here is the video and full BBC news coverage on the website.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/8430118.stm

Really knocked over in such a fashion? He must be a wimp!

Well inverse_bloom, he is 82 years old! Being 'young', I rarely worry about falling down. I slip on the ice, fall down stairs, trip over rocks while jogging, and go on with my life like nothing happened. My grandmother on the other hand, who is about the same age as the Pope, tripped on something while walking around at a grandma's pace and was out of commission for months, and she was "lucky" to heal so fast! When she stubs her toe and almost falls over, it's like a near death experience for her. It's hard for me to imagine what it's like, but old people are quite frail and falling down is serious stuff. I guess that's why they took him to the hospital. At first I was like, he fell over and they rushed him to the hospital? What a wimp! But then I remembered he was old and fragile!

Why can't I edit posts anymore, geez that's annoying! Take a look at this, In August 1992, on a vacation in the Alps, he fell and struck his head against a radiator.On Friday July 17, 2009 Benedict was hospitalized after falling and breaking his right wrist while on vacation in the Alps. You think the guy would take a hint! Don't go to the Alps, man!

Wow that really suck. They really do need to tighten up security for him. I mean, he's the Pope for gosh sakes, he should be much more protected then what he is currently :P

Nah only kidding! actually that was my first thought though. Really 83? that "is" rather old i thought he was a least 20 years younger. As soon as i see him on T.V i automatically tune it out, its almost like an instinctive reaction. I guess the previous one cruising around in his buggy thing held little entertainment value for me, to be honest id rather switch channels and watch starwars or something.... :P

Edited by inverse_bloom (see edit history)

I heard on the news that it was the exact same woman that attacked him in the same manner a year ago. The news comentater even mentioned it looked like she was wearing the same red sweater. You would think if she had tackled him before they would of been watching for her. Anyway, why on earth would somebody want to tackle the pope? Due to the fact that he is so old, he could of been badly injured, I think one of the cardinals with him actually got a leg broken in the ensuing scrambling about. What a shame! I hope they don't turn her loose again. Heck, even if he wasn't the pope. anybody mean and nasty and cruel enough to tackle an old man ought to have a A$$ whiping.

You would think that after the same woman attacked the same pope that she'd be on a "watch list" or something.Also, whats the point of security if they are all the way in the back instead of lining up against the barriers? I mean seriously... thats a major vounerability there...