xisto Community
Nameless_

Updating Drupal Core Problem I knew it. It always happens... :(

I'll delete the folder right away. :) I don't see any use for engines to index it and degrade my SEO. :D

Hey, don't worry. How do you expect search engines will index some backup on your desktop? :( And even though your folders are in your public_html folder, you can block search engines to index them by adding a DISALLOW in robots.txt file.

Hey, don't worry. How do you expect search engines will index some backup on your desktop? :) And even though your folders are in your public_html folder, you can block search engines to index them by adding a DISALLOW in robots.txt file.

Ah... OK... How do you do that?

Also, I have tried deleting my backup folder, but the sites folder could not be deleted due to some "permission" errors. I tried to change the permissions to 777 (ticked everything), but it didn't work. How do I delete it? I don't know, but I can easily delete the sites folder in the public_html folder, but not in the public_html/backup folder. This is so weird.

(By the way, I think I really need luck. Of course, the same thing happened to my friends site, but I accidentally wiped out her public_html folder with the backup folder. The sites folder couldn't be deleted though.)

I need to delete the sites folder. :D

Sorry for double posting: I guess ten minutes has passed already, huh? I only replied to one other thread before I came back to change this, but just looked up in my FileZilla files and I found to robot.txt, so I guess that is one questions solved. The remaining problem remains: How do I delete my annoying sites folder? Haha, thanks. :) I thought it was the settings.php so I went in and deleted the whole entire thing IN the text-file, and so now I only have a blank page in my settings.php but I still can't delete the file!!! (and the rest of the folder as well). This is really bugging me. :D

As per your new post I'm assuming you have added a disallow to your robots.txt file. So I'm not going to discuss it. Coming to this folder deletion problem, yes this sometimes happens with drupal. The sites folder is the most troublesome when deleting. You cannot delete that through normal File Manager and FTP clients.

So, try this instead. Instead of normal File Manager, Open Legacy File Manager in your CPanel. Now delete that sites folder from this legacy file manager. And empty the trash. Everything will go smooth.. try it and tell me if it gives any problems. :)