xisto Community
jonnytracker

Free Antivirus best freeware antivirus

Avast and comodo are both 100% free for life, no hidden costs at all. I dont know if they offer optional extras... If they do they are completely unnecessary. The free setup is perfect for home use. The only time you would need more is in a corporate environment where you need remote management etc.... Download and try them, if you dont like them then uninstall them. They are both easy to install and remove with no additional stuff like adverts etc...I can assure you if they had annoying adverts or hidden charges i wouldnt be using them. I believe in 100% free software :P

I can say that the best is ESET Smart Security, but it's not free, but it's good for public computers.For a home user, I used to use Avast, AVG, Avira - it's really crap, even though does something, one which I found better for spyware is super antispyware.But if you really want free antivirus for Windows, try Microsoft Security Essentials. Even though it has microsoft in it, but it really is good, I'm using it for 3 months now, and it simple, works well and is light, just what most users need, it's free for some time now.Beware, that if you want to use it, you need to have legal copy of Windows. :P

Some believe in service and quality software, but also some like me rate software with some qualities like free-ness, light, features, and simplicity and yes 100% free without any charges be it just cents or donation. Thank you so it is Avast

AVAST THE FREE ANTIVIRUS