xisto Community
Nameless_

I Can't Update Modules In Drupal Especially the Views module

Thank you SO much, xpress!!! I didn't realise that you had to create another module folders in the sites/all directory for non core drupal modules... Now it works!!! I'll have to move the modules one by one to the correct folder when they need updates from now on.

You are welcome Nameless.... :P

Yes, we have to copy all new non core modules to sites/all/modules folder. We have to do that because we don't want to lose all our installed modules and themes if we upgrade Drupal to a new version. We'll back up our sites folder, which has our modules and themes.

When we upgrade drupal to new version, the core modules folder will be overwritten (not just that, we have to delete all other drupal installation files and folders), so if we have our modules in that folder, we will lose them. Our modules and themes will be in our sites folder. After upgrading drupal, we'll just replace the new sites folder with our sites folder. Thats it.

I wonder how many errors I have made in installing drupal? :D Well, this is the first one, and I suppose there will be many more to come. :P

Do you also have to create a templates folder in sites/all for non-core templates?

Nameless_

As BCD told, you have to create a folder themes in sites/all for your customized themes. Post all your problems and we'll try our best to solve them. :D