xisto Community
FouGilang

Custom Nameserver And Advanced Dns What Are These Feature For?

I'm on my way in the billing, looking at the package when my eyes got interested in these words on logic plan: Setup custom name server ($4.49)Advanced Dns ($9.95 annually) What are those feature for? Are they important? And must i order it on the first bill or i can buy it on later upgrade? Thanks :)

don't forget about $2.50 or so for a dedicated ip. i like the idea of cutom name servers. it looks more professional. if you are going to be running a business, i suggest paying extra for the custom name servers and dedicated ip. if not, then i wouldn't worry about any of the extra services for now. you can always upgrade later. advanced dns is a nice llittle feature but not essential unless you plan on continuously updating your dns records.

I'm on my way in the billing, looking at the package when my eyes got interested in these words on logic plan:
Setup custom name server ($4.49)
Advanced Dns ($9.95 annually)

What are those feature for? Are they important? And must i order it on the first bill or i can buy it on later upgrade?

i'm planning to take yearly billing cycle , so dedicated ip cost me more $29 yearly, it will take more time to get :)anyway, how are those two works? you haven't explained what are those feature for .___.

when you originally sign up for hosting and purchase a domain name, the name servers you will be point to would most likely be something like...

ns1.computinghost.com and ns2.computinghost.com. custiom name servers will allow you to use your own domain name instead of Xisto - Web Hosting.com (ns.yourdomain.com).

this is a good option because when people do a whois search to see who you are, it looks more professional and legitimate rather than having your name servers point to another companies domain.

the didicated ip is good because you are sharing your ip with every other website on the server you are hosted on. if certain ip's are banned on a server, having a dedicated ip would prtect you. it also protects against spam and such. if you are in business, a dedicated ip is the way to go. also, there are some services on the web you cannot use without a dedicated ip.

advanced dns, i am not too sure about. you should write a support ticket and ask them directly what the advantages are. i'm assuming you just have more control over your dns account than you normally would and possibly less time to propogate when you change your dns settings(sometimes it takes 2 days for your changes to occur).

i'm planning to take yearly billing cycle , so dedicated ip cost me more $29 yearly, it will take more time to get :)anyway, how are those two works? you haven't explained what are those feature for .___.

hey, what's with all those line breaks? O_o

when you originally sign up for hosting and purchase a domain name, the name servers you will be point to would most likely be something like...
ns1.computinghost.com and ns2.computinghost.com. custiom name servers will allow you to use your own domain name instead of Xisto - Web Hosting.com (ns.yourdomain.com).

ah, i see... now that's great! even my paid hosting didn't give me that @_@a

the didicated ip is good because you are sharing your ip with every other website on the server you are hosted on. if certain ip's are banned on a server, having a dedicated ip would prtect you. it also protects against spam and such. if you are in business, a dedicated ip is the way to go. also, there are some services on the web you cannot use without a dedicated ip.

i would love to use it, but it costs too much for me. maybe some years later i will take it :)

advanced dns, i am not too sure about. you should write a support ticket and ask them directly what the advantages are. i'm assuming you just have more control over your dns account than you normally would and possibly less time to propogate when you change your dns settings(sometimes it takes 2 days for your changes to occur).

well they say something like optimized, globally distributed, redundant to ensute 100% uptime DNS. i'm not too familiar with DNS thingy though, maybe i'll just have to wait for their answer >.>

i say just start small. if you ever make any money with your website, then you can invest it in other features. all those features aren't really a neccessity...but are nice to have if your website ever starts to grow.

hey, what's with all those line breaks? O_o

ah, i see... now that's great! even my paid hosting didn't give me that @_@a

i would love to use it, but it costs too much for me. maybe some years later i will take it :)

well they say something like optimized, globally distributed, redundant to ensute 100% uptime DNS. i'm not too familiar with DNS thingy though, maybe i'll just have to wait for their answer >.>

Does having dedicated IP or advanced DNS or custom nameserver give a custom mail server address like mail.<domain name>.com instead of gamma.xisto.com? It would be great if someone would clear about my doubt.Edit:I am not talking about 3rd party providers like google mail integration for site, where we have mail.<site name>.com to access their mail service. I am talking about the internal mailing, that is through sendmail or php mail. How can we have a custom mail address instead of the gamma servers address? Does any of the features mentioned in the above paragraph enable us to do this?

Edited by BCD (see edit history)