xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
-Sky-

Knowledgebase For Newbies A knowledgebase for all the new Trappy members

Posted Image
This Guide is for all of our new members of Xisto!

OK, well to start of with the most efficient tool for a hosting company to have is a KnowledgeBase System. It should hold all helpful guides, tutorials, FAQs, How-To's and all other things related to this system. The knowledgebase is organized into different categories set by the company Administrator(s). As a proud Xisto Advanced Member, I'd like to say a big thank you to OpaQue and BuffaloHELP for providing and administrating Xisto to it's fabulous state as is of now. :o

Pre-Sales
Anything you'd like or need to know about Xisto and Xisto - Web Hosting can be found in our Pre-Sales section.

Support
Help Articles related to Shared, Reseller, VPS/Dedicated, Free, Windows, and Corporate E-Mail Hosting can be found in our Support section.

General
General information related to basic questions and queries such as "why we call our features unmetered" like (this) article for example.

Web Host Ordering & Activation
Ordering and getting your webhosting activated is simular to Domain Registration. All you have to do to get webhosting is purchase a hosting package from the "Order" form and wait till support activates your product.

Note: It can take up to 24 hours to get your product activated. patience is required.

Domain Registration
Information all members should know about before purchasing a top-level Domain name for their website using MyCENTs or any other billing method.

Domain Ordering & Activation
After purchasing your domain, you will have to wait for a few hours for the Support Team on Xisto - Support to activate your domain name. This process may possibly take more then 24 hours as the team are very busy with all members requests and queries. They do their best to make sure everyone gets the same amount of support as others. Absolutely no members get different types support then others. They are all given the same support as everyone else!

DNS Changes
Members should take note that registering a Domain name can take up to 24-48 hours to make changes with the DNS Servers.

How to change NameServer Details

Follow the steps below to change your NameServer details:

1) Login to Xistosuppport Billing area here.
2) Click on My Domains tab at the top navigation bar.
3) You'll be redirected to My Domains page where you'll see nameserver details.
4) If the lock on domain is not set, then you can edit the nameserve details here.
5) After entering the nameserver details, Click save changes.
6) It takes some time to update nameserver, so you have to wait for few hours to let results take effect.
^ By Mahesh2k

Forum Related

Helpful Links

Xisto Client Area - View & update your account details.
Xisto Readme - The entire guide upon Xisto.com!
Company News & Announcements - View our latest news & announcements.
Server Status - View live status info for our servers.
Support Ticket Submission (<- Click this link to submit a ticket to the Support Team. -|You may need to login to your account|- ) - Submit a trouble ticket.
Support Tickets - View and respond to existing tickets.
Downloads - View our library of downloads.
Order Form - Place a new order with us.
Domain Checker - Check the availability of a domain.
Pre-Sales Contact - Place any pre-sales enquiries here.
KnowledgeBase - Browse the KnowledgeBase for FAQs and answers.

Administrators:
Our humble Admins (OpaQue & BuffaloHELP) are the key's to what makes this hosting company a big success. Without them, well lets just say Trap would never be the same. So we must gracefully respect them in all ways possible, and give big appreciation for all of the work they have but into Xisto! :D
Moderators:
Our Moderators are the key's to what protects this community from Spam, n00bs and Rule Breakers. Without their great moderation, this forum would be such a mess with all the spam and rule breaking n00bs. :D

Members:
Us Members are the key to the success of this company as we are spending our time here to contribute many many things. Just think, without us and our contributions, the forums would have nothing but Staff posts/topics in. B) So we must keep doing our best to ensure the activity of Xisto by posting and contributing! :)

OK, since most of it is here, this thread comes to an ending point. I ask members

Thank you for reading and I hope this was very helpful and handy to you! :D
Edited by -Sky- (see edit history)

i absolutely LOVE your dedication and your effortswhat i don't love is you posting about this publically to gain mycentsthis should have been handled privately between you and admin and admin deciding wether it's good to impliment or not and reward you as they see fit.but still i have to say i admire your efforts. it shows in some ways your loyalty and caring for trap. good job.

All are posting here to gain myCENTS, there is nothing xtra-PUBLIC about it, this is an Open Discussion forum. I asked Sky to help us start a topic to get Questions & Queries from members, which I will add in the Xisto Knowledgebase.

Let me add some information to thread to let it move ahead on-topic.

How to change NameServer Details ?

Follow the steps below to change your NameServer details:

1) Login to Xistosuppport Billing area here.

2) Click on My Domains tab at the top navigation bar.

3) You'll be redirected to My Domains page where you'll see nameserver details.

4) If the lock on domain is not set, then you can edit the nameserve details here.

5) After entering the nameserver details, Click save changes.

6) It takes some time to update nameserver, so you have to wait for few hours to let results take effect.

Please, guys, take this up in our Xisto Knowledgebase Discussions thread.

Thanks OpaQue for telling him straight, it's really annoying to see him reading my posts then saying things about me and my contribution just because he's not gaining much myCENTs..

@ Mahesh2k: Thanks mate, I have added this into my first post above. :)