xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
FouGilang

Limit Download Slot Per Ip?

Hi again, and here more question from me :) Some web hoster create resource restriction such as 'you may not use more than 20% cpu usage' to make sure that nobody steal other people's resources and so the system stable (i think it was mentioned that way, or something like that.So just as the provider wanted, we also don't want it happened. But we know that people like to use download manager to get more downloading slot and maximize their speed.That way sure make the people with faster internet connection to use more connection slot. Imagine if there's one person download 10 files at one time using download manager. And if managed to make it 16 parallel download per file. That's 160 connections for 1 person!And them It just appeared in my mind when i remember how i was prohibited from downloading more than 2 file at once (and i'm using internet download manager that time...). When i constantly download many files at the same time, i will get "forbidden" error message, and the site will give me the same error, so i have to wait for the download to finish. Do you know how that can be done? Is it .htaccess? I tried using maxclient but i get internal server error...Any suggestion?

To do this you would need really to have control over the server. you could in theory use PHP to do something like:Connection from 142.25.45.10 (AKA 45.10)PHP:Checks if this IP has connected within the last 3 minutes or so, if there was a connection less than 3 minutes ago then redirect to error page> downloadblocked.htmIf there are no connections on the log then redirect to file.exeAdd 45.10 to connection log for 3 minutes.Begin download.But its not perfect im sure. It may not even work but it's all i cna think of without having control over the server itself.