xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
zachtk8702

People In The South Moving To The Us Should it be more strict.

Moderator Note: The following message may offend some people

Before I get going I am going to say that I am not racist. I have friends that are Korean, Black, Canadian and Hispanic. Yes my school has quite a few minorities. But you know what. I myself am getting tired of seeing on the news that the unemployment . The Unemployment rate dropped from Deceber to January........ Yet in 2004 we added 2.2 MILLION jobs. Now I believe that immigrants have something to do with this number. I know that within the last several years I have noticed an increase in mexicans here in the US, Or at least in my area. Im in northern arkansas, and Ive seen that the closer you move toward the border the worse it gets. Now, how many of them just have visas to come here and work? Well, I believe that they should have the right to come here and work to provide a better life for themselves, but when you have 5% of americans which may not seem like a lot but IT IS MANY MANY AMERICAN CITIZENS. Are currently unemployed and many living in poverty and not being able to pay their bills, something is wrong. We shoudl restrict and cut the percentage of people that we allow into our country. We should tighten border control so that the illlegal problem isnt as bad. I have heard many people blame the economy problem on the 9/11 attacks of 2001, or the War in iraq......... Well, 9/11 may have slowed the economy but after 4 years things should come back....And the war, should help the employment rate increase. So, Does anyone agree with me that our neighbors in the south may have some effect on our economy today?

Edited by Dooga (see edit history)

I am not from the U.S. of A. nor have I ever visited but I imagine this to be a big problem. 5% is a very large number. That is over 2,000,000 U.S. people who don't have jobs, an income or maybe a family because they are being stolen from by the mexicans.

You aren't racist, right? So how come you're singling out the Mexicans. Anyone can get any job. If you want a job, "white" people are more likely to get hired than Mexicans. I'm Mexican-American and I haven't got hired by two jobs just because half of me is Mexican.. even though I've been more qualified for a position than a caucasian person. I'm an American citizen, my father is an American Citizen but we're Mexican in the eyes of any white person. I am a true blooded American. Just because my skin is tanned all year round doesn't mean I'm not American.

Jobs aren't being "stolen" by any Mexicans. It's just some people are too lazy to put as much effort as some people are into getting these jobs. I'm pretty sure some Mexicans would really much rather do landscaping than work at the ranch down in Mexico. However most Americans think landscaping is a very hard job and are too lazy or "soft" to do it.. including myself, I want an easy inside job. I'll leave stuff like that to people who really need it, those who can't communicate very well can do the labor jobs.. if you're white, black, yellow, or brown, makes no difference to me. I can't do that job as good as them, and they can't do my job as good as I.

Also I'd like to point out a better way to converse this issue. Has anyone seen the episode of South Park in which people from the future come back to the present and take everyone's jobs and the people from the present are complaining about it? Well in it the future people are a mixed race. They speak jibberish and can't speak English. But because they will work for lower wages they're taking the "working mans'" jobs. This episode is addressing U.S. border relations but not being racist, it just generalizes the subject. It also makes fun of us Americans, who just complain and call them racist slurs and devise an idiotic plan to stop them from coming. Then Stan comes up with an idea if we make the present better, the people from the future won't want to come here. ie if we make other countries better, they won't want to come to America. His idea works but our dumb society says forget this way, it's dumb, and goes back to our first idea, which is everyone turning gay so there will be no more future people, to try to solve the problem. Which of course it doesn't.Who knew you could learn so much from South Park, right? :D

i totally agree with what ill said, a a lot of people aren't getting jobs, not just whites. And don't just single out Mexicans because other races have been getting jobs, ok? I bet most of those Americans might be children or something (hey, children can be American citizens XD) and the rest are either too lazy to get a job or drop outs. And it's not nice to ban people from jobs because everyone needs one to survive and it's not nice just to do it to Mexicans or other immigrants.

I agree that people need better lives. We should be able to provide more methods of earning money for these people who escape their countries and bravely come to new places to start life over again. Of course, it always helps to make sure you're not letting murderers into your country, but what are the odds on that? The borders are clogged with people coming in but very few ever leave. I agree that the economy has been hurt but only because it hasn't adapted. Immigrants aren't to blame - my parents came from India so their children could live good lives. Our country has to look at these people's plights. If you can't help them, what can you do for them?

Your little tiff about Mexicans taking white peoples jobs is nothing more or less than racism. You've completely ignored that there are many different people migrating to the US each year. It's not just Mexicans. Besides, this is supposed to be "The land of the free" not "The land of Americans."

If you want to get technical on the point that Mexicans aren't American, take a good look at a map of the world. Mexico is part of the North American continent. That makes every person who lives on it American. I think you meant to say United States Citizens, right?

In any case, people migrating to the states with or without visas have every right to a job as a citizen of this country. They worked hard and earned that job while over half of the US people sit on their every-widening butts. Everyone in the US has equal opportunity, what they don't understand is it's up to you to take advantage of that opportunity. Just because you are born in the US doesn't mean you automatically get everything you desire out of life. You still have to work for it, just like in every other part of the world.

P.S. If you think that I am just flapping my lips about something I know nothing about. I am also a citizen of the US, born and raised. I still believe that a majority of US population is lazy and feel they deserve credit for it. :D

*MEMBERS, DONT BE RACIST AND KINDLY DO NOT CROSS YOUR LIMITS.*MAKE YOUR REPLIES DECENT AND PROFESSIONAL AND REMEMBER, WHAT YOU TYPE HERE IS GOING TO BE AVAILABLE FOR THOUSANDS OF OTHER MEMBERS. SO THINK ABOUT YOUR OWN IMPRESSION.

Mexicans aren't "taking" our jobs. The reason why places like Wal-Mart hire them is because they are willing to do a better job, for less pay. That's why we have hispanics working as janitors and stuff. If us Americans keep complaining about Mexicans taking American jobs, then it might be a good idea for us to be able to perform a better job than them. The people who hire you are usually looking for optimal performance. Ill, I believe he is singling out Mexicans mainly because you usually don't see Russians coming across from Alaska and applying for jobs everywhere. (Replace "Russians" with any other country-man, and Alaska with its corresponding location) It's mostly Hispanics. They have slowly spread from Mexico to California and from Cuba to Florida. I mean, what makes me sad is that here in Georgia, there's a part of the city thats mainly an Asian-place city whatever...and Hispanics have come in over the few years and the place has become very trashy, and I see them working in our little Asian shops... While I agree they should be given the chance to provide for their family, I just feel as if they are diminishing what is left of the Asian culture in that one part. I hope I didn't offend anyone. I mean, all our Asian shops, like when the owner leaves, the remaining workers, who are usually hispanics, change the shop and it becomes some weird whatever shop. I mean, diversity should be spread out, yes, but it shouldn't spread out so that diversity doesn't exist anymore... I just kind of think it's not fair. =(I must also point this out. While this happens with many races, this has happened most often with Hispanics. Everywhere I look, I see shops putting up signs that say "Se Habla Espanol." I mean, great, so you can speak Spanish. The problem is, is this: My mother and father own a store, and they work in an area that has a high percentage of Hispanics. They constantly get customers who speak Spanish, and that's fine. What's not fine, is when they only speak Spanish. I would like to think that, yes, this is America where diversity and all languages exist, but there is also a reason why the official language is English. You don't go to a country and don't even attempt to learn the language. I know this isn't true with all immigrants, because many do try to learn it and I commend them for that. But a high percentage have come into my parent's store, and my parents can only speak Chinese and English. They lose a lot of customers because they do not know Spanish. My mom has attempted to learn it, and she knows quite a bit, but it's just not enough. I believe I heard somewhere in the news that somewhere in the near future, Spanish will be a second official language. I mean....that's great....but what about the people who were not born in Mexico/South America/Spain? We have to make an effort to learn a language just to survive in a country that was originally American English? That's crap to me. But I digress...While I'm not against "Mexicans" 'taking' American jobs because they actually work hard for it, and strive to make their lives better, I'm just totally against the whole language thing. (even though that's not what this topic is about...but it does connect in some way) Well, I hope I have kept an open view about this... But many times, Mexicans and Hispanics really aren't the ones to blame for the unemployment of America.And By The way, Ill, if you were denied a job because of your half-bloodedness(whatever), then that's just full out racism. You should slap the manager. >_>

And By The way, Ill, if you were denied a job because of your half-bloodedness(whatever), then that's just full out racism. You should slap the manager. >_>

49348[/snapback]

I should also slap my girlfriend's mother for not letting us go out.. hehe but we're slick and do go out. :D Shh, her mom hates me and doesn't know about us going out! keep it on the dl!

..and its on the internet, lets hope she doesn't know how to google.. :D

To say you are not racist is like me saying I'm normal.. Its a baldfaced lie.. You have some sort of resentment against Mexicans.. I agree that there are some problems here in the US with illegal aliens taking jobs that legal citizens (this includes whites, hispanics, asians, indians, african americans etc) should have. I do believe that we have a big problem in America in that sense.. But for you to single out Mexicans as being the problem is .. RACIST.. Whether you want to admit it or not, it is.. There are plenty of people of ALL races in America who are here illegally.. Not just Mexicans.. I think that a lot of what you said is very true, but I also believe a lot of what you said needs to be rethought.. A lot of your feelings towards Mexicans needs to seriously be evaluated. Amby

I amazed that some one hasn't pointed out that we don't loose the majority of our jobs to hispanics, or any immigrants in that case (Remember, even native americans migrated here at one point). Besides, the jobs that "americans" (as defined by who I ask myself?) can't get because of the immigrant are not the jobs we need to worry about. These are mininum wage service employments primarily. The majority of our jobs, both well paying, and low wage, arn't being lost to other americans. They are being lost to other countries. Asia has turned into our production facility, and the Middle east (primarily India, but others as well) is now our tech headquarters. Why not? Their children are better educated, will work for a lower wage, and the government's tax rates are extremely low in most other countries. So, I say if you want jobs to return to this country you have one of two options. The first is stop buying foriegn products. If you have to pay more, then remember you are paying an American, and the currency is staying here. If you don't like that idea, then the only other option is a large tarrif on imported goods. One thats adds enough to the price of companies that it becomes more affordable to employ Americans (no matter what color they are) then to employ foriegn citizens. Of course, we coud do nothing and complain about smaller issues like foriegn immigration.

Im not sure... Alot of people here have a point. I live in houston texas and there is alot of minorties here because we are about 8-10 hours from the border. I deffinatlly believe ANYONE has a right to move to america and make a better life for themself not only mexicans but anyone. Though i think they should have a visa and not be here illegally taking jobs from people who are here legally.But i do agree, hispanic men particularry born and raised in mexico do a better job at things because they will do anything to support their family and have a better life for them. Im not really aware of the job issue because i dont follow things like that but i think that there is enough jobs to go around that people sometimes just do look hard enough or something. For the whole racist thing (mostly to replys), its not only 'white' people who are racist. My sisters boss is mexican and she HATES my sister because she is a white girl. If she could have it her way she would fire my sisters *bottom* but thats besides the point. Im agisnt racisim and i dont think the person who wrote this was at all trying to be racist.