xisto Community
-Sky-

Domain Forwarding Problem

Domain Forwarding Problem

Hi. My friend bought a domain named thegtasector.net from another host, and is trying to forward it to my site here at Trap. However it's saying that the Xisto - Web Hosting nameservers are incorrect. He's tried both the NAMEservers, and the IPs, but gets an error.

The error is as follows:

Error from park wrapper: Using nameservers with the following IPs: 62.58.71.202,217.170.2.195 Sorry, the domain is already pointed to an IP address that does not appear to use DNS servers associated with this server. Please transfer the domain to this servers nameservers or have your administrator add one of its nameservers to /etc/ips.remotedns and make the proper A entries on that remote nameserver.

HELP !!?

The whois data for the domain at the moment states the following:

Server Name: THEGTASECTOR.NET IP Address: 208.87.241.124
Registrar: REALTIME REGISTER BV
Whois Server: whois.yoursrs.com
Referral URL: https://www.realtimeregister.com/

Domain Name: THEGTASECTOR.NET
Registrar: REALTIME REGISTER BV
Whois Server: whois.yoursrs.com
Referral URL: https://www.realtimeregister.com/
Name Server: NS3.FIRSTFIND.NL
Name Server: NS4.FIRSTFIND.NL

Before you are able to add the domain to your hosting with Xisto you'll need to delete the nameservers already related to the domain, then add the Xisto - Web Hosting ones. The two IP addresses shown in that error appear to be used in the Netherlands, and aren't the ones for the Xisto - Web Hosting nameservers. The problem would appear to be with the domain provider rather than your hosting.

Heres the quote from our MSN conversation:

????[/tab]????Sky???????? says:*Thomas
Thomas says:
*YEs
???????? Sky???????? says:
*UPDATE on Domain Forwarding Issue
http://forums.xisto.com/topic/69428-domain-forwarding-problem/
*A moderator replied with a solution
*He says: Before you are able to add the domain to your hosting with Xisto you'll need to delete the nameservers already related to the domain, then add the Xisto - Web Hosting ones. The two IP addresses shown in that error appear to be used in the Netherlands, and aren't the ones for the Xisto - Web Hosting nameservers. The problem would appear to be with the domain provider rather than your hosting.
Thomas says:
*Okaay
*Now we got some
*But I got those IP's form you, lol.
*I will check on it
*Soon.
???????? Sky????[tab] says:
*k
*Well, I'm going on SA:MP
*I can't do anything until my Database has been restored
Thomas says:
*Tell him
*That I removed the existing nameservers
*And we still get that message

Hee guys, thought I jumped in.First off I can't remove the nameservers at my hosting, however, I can change them.So, heading over to "Change Nameservers"Nameserver 1: [Name, this case; NS.COMPUTINGHOST.COM] Ip Adress: [iP, this case: 67.19.253.52]Nameserver 2: [Name, this case; NS2.COMPUTINGHOST.COM] Ip Adress: [iP, this case: 208.87.241.124]"Save".Error: "NS.COMPUTINGHOST.COM" is invalid. Thanks. :)

The nameservers should be valid. Here is an example from one of my domains:

CONSOLE
Domain name:
rvalkass.co.uk

Registrant:
Rob Valkass

Registrant type:
UK Individual

Registrant's address:
The registrant is a non-trading individual who has opted to have their
address omitted from the WHOIS service.

Registrar:
Webfusion Ltd t/a 123-Reg.co.uk [Tag = 123-REG]
URL: https://www.123-reg.co.uk/

Relevant dates:
Registered on: 16-Jan-2007
Renewal date: 16-Jan-2011
Last updated: 07-Jan-2009

Registration status:
Registered until renewal date.

Name servers:
ns.computinghost.com
ns2.computinghost.com

You shouldn't need to put in both the nameservers and the IP addresses, and most domain registrars will accept the domain version rather than the IP addresses (which allows Xisto to move the nameservers to new IPs and they'll still work).

A support ticket to whoever is providing the domain seems to be the most logical solution at this point.

The nameservers should be valid. Here is an example from one of my domains:

CONSOLE
Domain name:

rvalkass.co.uk

Registrant:

Rob Valkass

Registrant type:

UK Individual

Registrant's address:

The registrant is a non-trading individual who has opted to have their

address omitted from the WHOIS service.

Registrar:

Webfusion Ltd t/a 123-Reg.co.uk [Tag = 123-REG]

URL: https://www.123-reg.co.uk/

Relevant dates:

Registered on: 16-Jan-2007

Renewal date: 16-Jan-2011

Last updated: 07-Jan-2009

Registration status:

Registered until renewal date.

Name servers:

ns.computinghost.com

ns2.computinghost.com

You shouldn't need to put in both the nameservers and the IP addresses, and most domain registrars will accept the domain version rather than the IP addresses (which allows Xisto to move the nameservers to new IPs and they'll still work).

A support ticket to whoever is providing the domain seems to be the most logical solution at this point.

Thanks for the help, I contacted the hosting provider. :)

dude, if ytou can't change your name servers, you got a big problem. contact the registrar who sold you that domain and tell them to change it on their end through asupport ticket. it's the only way you'll be able to get that domain hosted over here. i wouldn't waste anymore of your time though because it's obviously not allowing you to change the name servers(or at least the first one you said). also, remember to allow 24-48 hours for dns changes to occur. but contact support right away. this should be their issue now

Yeah, that's what we can't get working. the first nameserver name doesnt respond to the request.

I had a similar problem while trying to redirect a co.cc domain to trap but I think I was to blame coz I messed up somewhere - later I contacted support (at co.cc) and it was rectified so I think as anwiii suggested the best help can be given only by the registrar in this case