xisto Community
FouGilang

Windows 7 Freezes (again)

Okay, I think i found it :oIt's the gtown and nyplatform from 'you can dance', and the audacity 1.3 betaWhen they both working and i added one more program or more, it'll be white screen sooner or laterPhew, and it seems that other recording programs causes it too :DOh, and restaurant city seems to crash my fire fox too, but i think it was because my poor driveR of radeon x600 because it was so LAG there :)

I don't have any windows 7 issues in Ubuntu.

Well played. I see what you did there. :)

Similar problems with windows 7Windows 7 Freezes (again)

hi, I've been having this problems too, it freezes for 2 min and then go back to normal. It's a little more exact for me when this happens, it has something to do with .Gif files, when I install a programs with gif files it hangs for 2 minutes for each of those files.. Also all browsers hangs when accessing pages, not all pages, but most of them when they are loading. 

I have a intel quad core w/ 4gb ram, nvidia 9600m gt running win 7 final x64 ultimate.

I've been using win 7 since rc in several machines and only in this one I have this problem. I don't recall installing any driver or software that may cause this. All drivers are up to date and generally the machine runs really smooth, except when browsing the net.

-reply by Juan

Windows 7 KillsWindows 7 Freezes (again)

I've spent more time slamming Microsoft that Popeye has slamming Spinach over the years.

I did NOT jump to Vista at all.

I preached loudly to never buy ANY Microsoft product until a minimum of SP1 was out.

Through my schooling I have access to much Microsoft software - and when I was offered Windows 7 Professional RTM I took a copy on the spot, but I spent (on and off) about two weeks scouring the web for reviews, tips, you name it, before installing it on my old machine in the x86 version.

I fell in love with this OS in about a week, then I started having old hardware issues come up again (thought they were dead - but I had been pushing the system quite a bit). I could not afford to play around with all of it myself as I had certification exams and such coming up quickly, so I broke another rule: I bought a built system from a vendor.

A Dell Inspiron AMDX2 @ 2.8, with 6GB ram. It ran flawlessly out of the box, except for one nagging issue with  the new Windows Virtual PC that I felt was a Dell issue. I've spent the last several weeks trying to correct that. As of last night, the system will not boot under any circumstances - I tried every possible way to do it, and couldn't get past the "Windows is Starting" screen without an dead-stop-freeze.

The rep from Microsoft could get no farther either and he called Dell on a 3-way and told them flatly (as I had figured) it was hardware and they had to deal with it - he's going to call me back tomorrow to see what happened.

The Dell guy made me re-do every single step I told him had already done, and I pointed out 2 he hadn't thought of - all to no avail of course. Well duh!

After leaving me on hold for 10 minutes, he comes back and says that we need to take all of the ram OUT except for one stick, because...There is TOO MUCH MEMORY and it is making the system freeze up before we can load Windows/Repair/Recovery/Safe Mode/Reinstall - etc.

I stalled them off until tomorrow while I try and dig up some other ideas myself first - I'm afraid that more of their clunky poking will truly fudge the system, and I'll lose a BUNCH of not backed up data (especially DOC's and my mailbox).

I am now totally convinced that the whole problem lies with Dell and hardware, BUT, even after 6 weeks of screwing around with Dell etc (and talking to a few know-nothings at Microsoft before talking to a few with brains) - I still would not drop Windows 7 for love nor money, and the tenacity alone of a couple Microsoft guys to get this resolved has gained the company some points back with me.

-reply by loren sanders

Same Issue with Win7 FreezeWindows 7 Freezes (again)

I have had Win7 RC installed for about 5 months now. I am able to replicate the freeze by opening certain flash sites in IE8.  There are no entries in the log beyond "system recovered from unexpected shut down". 

Specs:Windows 7 RC1 Ultimate x64Intel Quad Core 7 Extreem12 GB RamATI 4870X2 2GBRAID 1 WD Raptor 300 GB DrivesASUS Mobo

My system will freeze or shutdown with no warning.  It is random even though I can replicate by visiting the before mentioned sites.

After researching this on many sites, I have come to realize that IT IS A WINDOWS 7 issue.  There seems to be many factors that may cause this... X32, x64, Home, Ultimate, Nvidia, ATI, Flash, WMP...

They all seem to be mentioned.

I do fear what this is doing to my hardware!

If anybody has any ideas to how to fix the freezing please pass it on as there seem to be many of us in the same boat!

Thank youFrustrated Windoze User

-reply by geekiam

Advanced Browser IntegrationWindows 7 Freezes (again)

The issue is caused by Internet Download Manager with Advanced Browser Integration enabled.

-reply by Gixx

Help! Similar ProblemWindows 7 Freezes (again)

I just upgraded my 32bit vista ultimate to 32 bit windows 7 and I have had a similar problem. First of all, it says that my panda antivirus 2010 is off, but I cant turn it off, when I turn it on its like nothing happens at all. Also, it tells me that there is a Java update, but when I press the icon to install it the screen turns gray and translucent like you said. The screen also becomes this way when I try to uninstall or run certain other programs.

With vista, everything worked just fine, I had no problems, but windows 7 is giving me a headache. Does any of you guys have any solutions?

-reply by mits

Facing same problem...Windows 7 Freezes (again)

I'm facing the very same problem! My Windows 7 freeze every time I opened two or more files within Office 2007. I have a i7 920 processor  with 12 Gb of DDR3 (triple channel), and this "space ship" can't deal with three word files???? ***!I have two disks of 1TB under RAID1 structure (fakeraid), but I don't believe that this array has any influence over the W7 problems. I also have Ubuntu 9.10 (in other partition) and the computer doesn't presented problems running with Linux... So...It seems to be a W7 issue...Thanks for the nice work Microsoft! o/

-reply by Dinler

gee, I've experienced the same thing with w7 ultimate. I used an acer 6292 which the ram has been upgraded to 2.5 gig... my intel core 2 duo with 2.0 ghzand 800 mhz fsb, seems not to be the problem... I partitioned my hard drive to dual booting with my original windows vista business that came with my laptop, which every body knew that vista is quite slow for booting. But compare to my w7 ultimate which is also original and been activated at first installation, I left it behind for a while and use my vista business as well. This problem had appear since I used the beta version, rc, and now the ultimate. I like w7 for it's fast booting and exploring. But when it get hangs which quite often and bugging, I think, I'm gonna erase this os from my laps. I've tried several things to fix this I.E, always updating my windows, erase all anti virus program, avg and smadav, clean my ram, change the ram position, I used a ddr2 2 gigs, and 512 mb... Any body please help, because I like this w7 ultimate./

-reply by John

Windows 7 FreezesWindows 7 Freezes (again)

Hello everyone,

I just got a new HP Pavilion dv4-1435dx. IBought it from Best Buy and it originally came with Windows Vista and IWas told I could get a free upgrade to Windows7 as soon as it launched.To make a long story short I finally got the upgrade, installed it andLoved / hated it! I loved the layout but I hated that I couldn't use IEOr Firefox because it would continually freeze. This basically made myNew computer useless. I was so frustrated and continually checked (on my imac) for reviews and comments to solve this problem. A lot of peoplePut the blame on IE, Firefox, and other web browsers. This didn't makeAny sense that all these web browsers were having the same problem butStill, I couldn't find anything out there to solve this problem. So IDecided to check out updates and new patches through HP. I typed in myExact model to narrow the search down and then began to download andInstall all updates and patches one by one. There was only 1 or 2 that I wasn't able to install but the rest went smoothly and once I was done I restart my computer and... Wallah! I can actually browse the web, listen to music, and watch videos without the freezing! I'm not sure which update actually did the trick but go to your computers manufacturers website and try it yourself. I hope this helped and Good Luck!! 

Thanks!

Happy Windows 7 user (now)

-reply by buckeyeomalley

i dunno if it just me or it's another microsoft fault, but when i put that "a lot of windows 7 freeze", i got a hell lot of similar problem without any success repair reported :)
the problem is friggin FREEZE (yeah, you read it right). i don't care about 7 being a brand new microsoft's innovation or whatever, it is freezing me out like crazy and getting worse, and worse, and worse, by every time i use it (i assume that it will be ruined my pc in about 24x7 hours) :o
oh, and if you ask me when it freeze, i would say it freeze anytime, at random. it can be such a sexy, smooth like a jet plane, yet it can be such a disaster, freezes up to 2 minutes to wait by every minutes. i have bored with that box saying "Microsoft Windows : The application is not responding. The program may respond again if you wait. Do you want to end this process?" hell yeah, end the process! (and the windows will be stuck, freezing with that transparent gray screen...) :D

have you guys experience this? i would like to know how you go through this thing. i simply cannot continue my work in windows 7 (reverted back to xp and ubuntu, fortunately they are still there) :D

I know this post is 6 months old, but I had the same problem.

I have a Dell with a integrated video card and also had a ATI Radeon 9700. Unfortunately I had to remove the ATI and it hasn't happened since.

No, i think it's not my computer. I've tried win7 since rc periodically, and now i use win7 ultimate. After those 'smooth days' like 3-5 days, my win7 start to randomly freezes. I said it 'freeze', not 'crash'.Those who tried 7 must know that white transparent screen when your programs not responding. It is like that, but worse. i can't click anything, can't alt-tab, can't open tasK manager. simply everything in my screen is not responding >.>
At first i thought it was because those tune up thingy, so i re-installed. But sadly it doesn't solve anything though.
First it just fire fox, then open office, then internet download manager, then yahoo messenger, then almost everything have 'not responding' issue.

I have 4gb of ram, intel 2 duo @2.20g, ati radeon x600 card
Any suggestion?

Steps to solve:
1. Check for available driver updates for your computer model from the company, and install the driver updates.
2. Delete - Really - Delete Yahoo Messenger. It has been known to cause crashes in Vista, so it may do so too in 7.
3. Disable transparency in your 'customize' section for the window colors in Control Panel.

It should work.

hello... i seem to be having the same problem. i have to be running my laptop in safe mode. i notice my pc works fine but once i manually turn on the wifi and try to access google chrome EVERYTHING stops responding and the pop up asking me to end process!!! its sriving me crazy? would really appreciate some help thank you.