xisto Community
Nameless_

Quick Question About Emails More specifically, aboit Google Apps... again... sorry

i just created a sub domain off my .com domain to go through the exact steps again in creating an email account for it in google. it's all set up and working. to verify, i didn't change my cname, but just uploaded the file they told me to and created 2 mx records in cpanel. after i did all that, my mail was working instantly.
i followed the exact steps to create it nameless. i don't think you are following the exact steps given to you. it is not a problem on google's side so i wouldn't start wondering if google loves you or not.

The main problem is that because my web hosting company is a free hosting company, their cPanel isn't a premier one, so therefore, I cannot enter two different MX entries with the same priority. Because it I do that, it will CHANGE the MX entry with the same priority that i have previously entered instead of adding a new one.

It turns out that I am not the only ones with this problem... there are many more that has the same problem as me. And one of the ways of solving it is to change them so that the top one has the smallest number as their priority and the last one as the biggest number as their priority. For me, I followed siteground's advice and entered (1,2,3,4,5,6,7), but apparently if you entered (10,20,30,40,50,60,70) it will work as well... as long as the numbers are increasing as you go down the list... because my cPanel doesn't allow priorities like this (10,20,20,30,30,30,30)...

But anyway, I do hope it works... if it doesn't... well then. :):(:(***

what are you talking about? aren't you hosted with xisto? let's take a vote. who has the same problem as nameless????

like i said. all you need are two mx entries. i will give them to you here.

10 aspmx.l.google.com
20 alt1.aspmx.l.google.com

the first one is set with a 10 priority and the other one set to a 20 priority. those are the only two mx records you need.

entering 1, 2, 3, etc... as priorities are not follpwing the simple steps google gave your nameless. it may work...heck...it may not work. who the heck knows. all i know is your way isn't the way google is telling you to set it up.

i must be insane to continue posting in your threads if you insist on doing things your way instead of the ways that have been proven already to work.

guess what though? xisto offers a cpanel that works that way. so let's just ask this question. is it the cnames, the mx records, or is it just YOU. as much as i try to tell you to keep things simples, you are failing to realize what that even means. you get frustrated for no reason when the answer is right in front of your face when you are unwilling to offer the solutions for yourself. you are always taking the hard route for everything you do.

so you used your credit to buy a domain name, but not hosting because you are hosted somewhere else. when you write your questions, you need to inform people where you are hosted at so we are able to help you better if you insist on doing things the hard way here. i was under the assumption you bought your hosting through Xisto - Web Hosting.

so you have hosting elsewhere and having trouble with it non stop. even with setting up domain email addresses through google. well nameless, that says a lot about your hosting company. why do you even insist on staying there?!?!?

The main problem is that because my web hosting company is a free hosting company, their cPanel isn't a premier one, so therefore, I cannot enter two different MX entries with the same priority. Because it I do that, it will CHANGE the MX entry with the same priority that i have previously entered instead of adding a new one.
It turns out that I am not the only ones with this problem... there are many more that has the same problem as me. And one of the ways of solving it is to change them so that the top one has the smallest number as their priority and the last one as the biggest number as their priority. For me, I followed siteground's advice and entered (1,2,3,4,5,6,7), but apparently if you entered (10,20,30,40,50,60,70) it will work as well... as long as the numbers are increasing as you go down the list... because my cPanel doesn't allow priorities like this (10,20,20,30,30,30,30)...

But anyway, I do hope it works... if it doesn't... well then. :):(:(***